N still gets priority over the Q

Eastman346

The (D), in turn, does this to the (N) frequently as well, but few complain about it because it's invisible. You won't know you're being screwed by "priorities" unless you see trains moving on a live diagram.

On 36 Street it's plainly visible. It happens all the time and mostly everyone on the train see's it. That's how (R) riders from the local stops catch up with it. For local (R) riders this delay on the (N) is welcomed. :)

yea i hate that.

The (B):

The (;) enters DeKalb Av first, then get held there to make a connection with the (R). (Thats understandable.) Then once it leaves DeKalb Av, it gets held by the old Myrtle Av station until a (D) train pops up. Then they send the (D) train in front of us, meanwhile we were there first. Then they finally let the (B) go thru.

The (Q):

The (Q) enters DeKalb Av first, and sometimes it gets held there, sometimes it doesnt. However, we pull out first and get held at the old Myrtle Av station while we have to sit there and wait for the (N) to go in front of us to finally let the (Q) go thru.

That really pisses me off.

:tdown:

On 36 Street it's plainly visible. It happens all the time and mostly everyone on the train see's it. That's how (R) riders from the local stops catch up with it. For local (R) riders this delay on the (N) is welcomed. :(

Oh, I wouldn't say that's true for most passengers. The bulk of them can't make the connection between what they see out the window and what happens afterwards. Call me cynical or faithless, but we're talking about the same people who choose to blame the MTA for problems created by the clueless politicians they vote in.

Also before Dekalb, if on the (N), you can probably see the (D) train 'racing' on the other side of the bridge. If it's a (D) and the (N) has to stop, then you know that (D) got in first.

I should probably blame my eyesight, but it's pretty hard to tell if the train is a (:P or (D) until after-the-fact. The steel beams and distance as well as the faded colors make it hard to read the letter.

Did anyone think about this from the MTA's Perspective. Bringing back the W would be good but it would cost a lot of money. You need money for Crews, New Signs, etc.. to them it would be a waste.

I would like to know the MTA's perspective on this whole (Q) v. (N) disaster!

That's probably true, if anything I base it on the number plates. Like if it's a 5000 - chances are it's likely a (:(. Any high 2700-2800*, would also likely be a (:P.

*I think, been a while since I last looked up the yard roster, don't hold me to that.

Did anyone think about this from the MTA's Perspective. Bringing back the W would be good but it would cost a lot of money. You need money for Crews, New Signs, etc.. to them it would be a waste.

The (W) for rush hours only would've been like how the (Q) goes to Queens and the (N) running local. The only thing they saved was a few less trains serving lower Manhattan. Other than that all the extra switching around ends up using more time compared to how it was with just as it was with the (W).

The MTA shouldn't have made it an all or nothing thing. The (N) should've been local middays, late nights, weekends only.

yea i hate that.

The (:(:

The (:P enters DeKalb Av first, then get held there to make a connection with the (R). (Thats understandable.) Then once it leaves DeKalb Av, it gets held by the old Myrtle Av station until a (D) train pops up. Then they send the (D) train in front of us, meanwhile we were there first. Then they finally let the (:P go thru.

Looks like Brighton riders get screwed.

When I was going to work from school, the Bravo usually followed a Delta at 7 Avenue-53 Street. I always let the Delta go for a seat on the Bravo.

The (W) shouldn't have gone away in the first place. I know the MTA claimed they needed to save money, but if the new service is causing more delays than the old service did, then it's not worth implementing. I ride the Broadway BMT line every weekday and delays at 34th Street happen all the time. They always stop the uptown (Q) there to let an (N) or even an (R) train go first. If I get the (N) at Canal, I don't transfer to the (Q) at 14th. I stay on it to Times Square. There's no point in doing so.

The (W) shouldn't have gone away in the first place. I know the MTA claimed they needed to save money, but if the new service is causing more delays than the old service did, then it's not worth implementing. I ride the Broadway BMT line every weekday and delays at 34th Street happen all the time. They always stop the uptown (Q) there to let an (N) or even an (R) train go first. If I get the (N) at Canal, I don't transfer to the (Q) at 14th. I stay on it to Times Square. There's no point in doing so.

I've learned to take the (6). And express trains show up frequently across the platform, so I can grab a (4) or (5) at 14 Street-Union Square and then transfer for my <7> at 42 Street-Grand Central.

Oh, I wouldn't say that's true for most passengers. The bulk of them can't make the connection between what they see out the window and what happens afterwards. Call me cynical or faithless, but we're talking about the same people who choose to blame the MTA for problems created by the clueless politicians they vote in.

Ok let me rephrase it so sounds much better to you. The majority of people who use the (N) to get to work (not the kids going to school, not the people who have an appointment somewhere) know when it is being held at 36 Street because of an oncoming (D). They can see it out the window. They don't have to be railfans to know this. They are all looking out the window hoping the (N) does get held so they can make the connection at 36. Better?

Archived