MTA 'zero tolerance' cell phone crackdown

mark1447

B/O's, T/O's, C/R's should not be texting, reading books, magazines, newspapers, kindles, etc... while they are in operation. period. distractions do not only include unauthorized electronic devices. it is a rule. operating personnel do it and can even do it without jeopardizing passenger safety. HOWEVER, if you do it and you are caught, red light or not.... you can cry to the union all you want, you have no one to blame but yourself.

B/O's, T/O's, C/R's should not be texting, reading books, magazines, newspapers, kindles, etc... while they are in operation. period. distractions do not only include unauthorized electronic devices. it is a rule. operating personnel do it and can even do it without jeopardizing passenger safety. HOWEVER, if you do it and you are caught, red light or not.... you can cry to the union all you want, you have no one to blame but yourself.
And this is a Conductor saying this guys.:tup:

High '5' sister to a (MTA) employee who level headed and who gets it:tup:. Why is she not in (MTA) union mangement?

Its illegal and shouldnt be done. But it still is done weather we like it or not. I turn my phone off when im on the job, im not taking any chances.

Rules will always be broken and thats just the reality of it, just as they say "Rules are ment to be broken". Some will get caught, and some wont. If you talk on the cell phone while driving a bus, or operating a train its your own fault.

If cell phones weren't used that much in todays world, i am 100% sure it wouldnt be problem. Its just so many accidents now adays are linked to someone being on there phone. Bluetooths arent any different. You can be talking to some hot chick and get caught up in the convo and leave passengers behind, hit a red signal, 12-9, miss a timer ect.

Just the other day a T/O out of Dyre Avenue was on his phone via bluetooth and I didnt know while I was taking a pic and when he got closer I was wondering why he was looking at me funny, so he said dont post the pic anywhere and I said no problem bro. Im not going to post the pic but it just shows they will do it anyways.

Um, a B/O texting while driving does classify as important...it's a distraction and you're putting passengers at risk by doing so.

Remember that T/O who was texting on the (7) line? Now what happened if a passenger jumped in front of the train and he wasn't paying attention? not only would there be body parts on the ground, but that would have been his ass for not paying attention to the tracks.

I hope you mean " if a customer fell onto the tracks, or was pushed onto the tracks". If someone jumps, no matter if he was texting or not, that person ass should be turned to chop meat.........

Archived