5025 new hire..

nyjdmevo

new here just got a letter in to come in tommorrow at 730 for my pre interview for b/o off the 5025 list. i kno i should go in early to get a number what should i expect? im currently a private sanitation worker working 60 to 70 hours weeks, i make good money about 72k a year but i got no pension or job security so i'm thinking about making the switch..i'm only 27 so looking forward to a new change..

do you know how much top pay is? and how long to achieve it?

3 years to reach top base pay, something like $29.00 hr.

The average bus operator makes around 65k yr. You are

killing yourself by working 60-70hr weeks with no pension

or job security. NYCT is 25/55 for the full pension.

Now if you had said you were working for

DSNY then that is a different story. What is your list

number range from the 5025? Do you have the "P"

endorsement on your CDL?

Thanks, they still have a ways to go before they finish

off the 5025 list.(4,886) Let us know what they say down there at 180 Livingston St.

I believe you are going to have to take a DMV

Road test and convert your CDL A to a CDL B.

Keep in mind that a lot of former truckers have not passed

the 10 day qualifying to become a MTA Bus Operator.

B/O is definitely a tough job and I have a lot of prespect for anyone who can tolerate it. I would never do it. I'd rather be a T/O or a dispatcher sitting out of sight in some back office... When you think about it, T/O is a lot easier than being a B/O. You don't have to steer the train, you have little to no contact with passengers, and cars are not constantly cutting you off.

Only real difference between your current job and the ta is the pension, and the trash you encounter on this job will talk back. Go for it and luck.

Which is why a lot of B/O's stay mute and say as little as possible because at one time

they got "shot down" and know better to get into an argument with a passenger.

B/O calls console and says a passenger is verbally threatening him, the dispatcher asks him "what did you say to her?" he replied I just told her in a nice way what the fare was and she went off on me.":eek:

Which is why a lot of B/O's stay mute and say as little as possible because at one time

they got "shot down" and know better to get into an argument with a passenger.

B/O calls console and says a passenger is verbally threatening him, the dispatcher asks him "what did you say to her?" he replied I just told her in a nice way what the fare was and she went off on me.":eek:

speaking about it the para transit driver access a rise is alot harder then this beacause ur on a fixed route and me i have to go all over the place and i have to do adtional add on trips and customers do curse at me all i do is on the nextal they give me is hit the button to the dispatch so they can hear the customer going off I had one cursing at me and going off i said if u don`t clam down i`ll have my dispatch call the road supervisor and have u removed off my bus because u r distracting me so she relaxes and then talks to me she says u know the company makes it hard 4 u guy i said to her i know and don`t rush 4 them i take it safe

speaking about it the para transit driver access a rise is alot harder then this beacause ur on a fixed route and me i have to go all over the place and i have to do adtional add on trips and customers do curse at me all i do is on the nextal they give me is hit the button to the dispatch so they can hear the customer going off I had one cursing at me and going off i said if u don`t clam down i`ll have my dispatch call the road supervisor and have u removed off my bus because u r distracting me so she relaxes and then talks to me she says u know the company makes it hard 4 u guy i said to her i know and don`t rush 4 them i take it safe

and even the dispatch rushes me i tell them don`t rush me when i get there i`ll call u i said to them one time keep this sh@t up with u rushing me i will take this bus pull it back to the yard with or with out passenegers and go home.

ok guys just got back everthing went good did urine and give my paperwork in next is my physical i believe wish me luck....

Cool, keep us updated. Next time you go they will probably let you know when the next class starts. It's been a long wait since you took the exam back in 06 but hopefully you will get your shot and more importantly start your pension clock.

and even the dispatch rushes me i tell them don`t rush me when i get there i`ll call u i said to them one time keep this sh@t up with u rushing me i will take this bus pull it back to the yard with or with out passenegers and go home.

It has to be tough on you on those days when you wake up in a bad mood, because at anytime you can snap. The keyword is "ABSORB".

I am mostly concerned about qualifying when my time comes. I know it's not going to be easy, but hopefully my trainer will be cool and I will learn fast because you only have a few days of training.

But the real pressure will come during your 3 weeks of line training and even more once you are on your own.

Its good your in the process after the long wait. I'm currently line training, 2 more days to go. Thank the lord!!! Can't wait to get on my own. Just a heads up when you start your 10 days, just relax and erase all the driving you do for sanitation out your mind. When you get behind the wheel of that bus its a total different ball game with the instructor. Follow every single thing he/she tells you to do. If you do that you'll qualify in 7 days. Good luck.

Good deal, was Queens Village your first depot pick?

Is it mostly express runs over there? Would you know

the breakdown of the depots picks from your class? thanks, and have a healthy happy new year!

What's going on and Happy New Year to you and your family. Well I was actually forced to Queens. I had to fill out paperwork stating that I was forced and I can go to another depot of my choice when available. Its a 90% chance I might stay.You do pick the depot the last day before line training at Zerega. When it was time to choose a depot they were only giving us the option of Queens and Staten Island division depots. As far as express we have 3 and they are pretty decent lines.

What's going on and Happy New Year to you and your family. Well I was actually forced to Queens. I had to fill out paperwork stating that I was forced and I can go to another depot of my choice when available. Its a 90% chance I might stay.You do pick the depot the last day before line training at Zerega. When it was time to choose a depot they were only giving us the option of Queens and Staten Island division depots. As far as express we have 3 and they are pretty decent lines.

I heard if you pick into Queens or Staten Island you are there for life, but in your case that piece of paper stating that you were forced makes a world of difference. I wonder if it works the same way vice versa.

Could be worse, S.I. has the bridge toll, even with EZ Pass that is still a lot of money getting to and from work.

Its good your in the process after the long wait. I'm currently line training, 2 more days to go. Thank the lord!!! Can't wait to get on my own. Just a heads up when you start your 10 days, just relax and erase all the driving you do for sanitation out your mind. When you get behind the wheel of that bus its a total different ball game with the instructor. Follow every single thing he/she tells you to do. If you do that you'll qualify in 7 days. Good luck.

Thanks for the good advice Prezzi. At least there's some common sense with the job. It's their game, we play it.

Happy and Healthy to everybody. Hopefully it's the year of the 8006.

Congrats!!! If anything got me even slightly exited or happy this past 2010 is all the recent 5025 callups. I hope they finish the ENTIRE list and everyone gets their shot. When Will Clark was called up to the big leagues he got handed a nickname, "The Thrill" Because when reporters and teammates asked him how he felt about it he kept saying "im just thrilled to be here!" and thrilling he was. If I was to get called up I think I'de have this exact same reaction lol.

I heard if you pick into Queens or Staten Island you are there for life, but in your case that piece of paper stating that you were forced makes a world of difference. I wonder if it works the same way vice versa.

Could be worse, S.I. has the bridge toll, even with EZ Pass that is still a lot of money getting to and from work.

Its true if you pick Queens or Staten Island you are there for life. On Day 1 some of my classmates had the chance to sign paperwork that guarantee them a depot in Staten Island or Queens. If they signed it, the depot that they choose they were stuck there. I have a people in my class that lived in the Bronx and Brooklyn that was forced to a Staten Island depot. They were pretty pissed but they have to take basically anything for now.

Archived