Railfanner View On Subway Line (Book Idea I'm Thinking About)

My idea was to start a Railfanner Point Of View vol.1. It's about my and railfanners point of view of 1 or 2 subway lines. My first edition I wanted to do is the (A)(C) lines point of view. If this idea sounds good to you, I'll be hosting a contest for the book cover either the (A) or (C) Line will be accepted. And I'll be looking to add atleast 10 railfanners point of view of the (A) and 8 railfanners point of view of the (C). my point of view will be in there as well.

This sounds interesting, but how do you plan on making it?

Well The first few pages will have a introduction on whats it about. Then I'll be adding for the first section which will be the (A) on railfanners view, what subway cars it uses as of 2010/early 2011. And same thing goes for the (C). Planning on making this atleast 85-115 pages. Going to start a photo contest soon for which photo will be the book cover.

It sounds like an interesting concept - railfanners giving their point of view on subway lines and discussing history.

If I may suggest, group your volumes by trunk line. Volume 1 Eighth Avenue (A)(C)(E)(H); Volume 2 (:P(D)(F)(M), etc and consider including photos from contributors.

I'm going to host a 1-2 months photo contest for the photo cover soon so i'll keep ya updated.

Are you serious about this book or is this just like the other several books you started threads about but never did?

We've actually got started on this already :P

If I may suggest, group your volumes by trunk line. Volume 1 Eighth Avenue (A)(C)(E)(H); Volume 2 (B)(D)(F)(M), etc and consider including photos from contributors.

I was thinking the same thing. I suggested discussing history of the lines as well, but Daniel didn't want to.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

Updates:

• Book WILL include history of the (A) and (C) trains
  • Photo Contest begins first week of February
  • If you contribute a photo, your name will be placed on the dedications page
  • Please contact Daniel The Cool if you plan on helping out; we need more volunteers!
  • Stay tuned for more updates!

I'm on it, do you have any preference for a station and do you want both the (A) & (C)?

No preferences for a station. The picture can include only the (A), only (C) or both.

I'll be willing to help out since I'm a Fulton Street Line resident and daily user of the (C) Line. I have R32 and R44 (C) photos, as well as R32/44/46 (A) photos.

Thanks LRG. The rules/restrictions of the photo contest will be up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately, Daniel The Cool has decided to discontinue this project.

For those who were/still are interested in this, I will be starting up my own book. It will be similar, but instead of a book about people's point of views, it will included history, stations, abandoned stations/platforms, rolling stock, previous rolling stock, etc.

Archived