can you be a bus operator without a highschool diploma

amm0

Seeing as(no offence to any bus drivers here) a lot are dumb as door nails I would say no:rolleyes:

New Jersey T, I don't get offended easily, but locomotion has a great point. You spelt "offense" wrong. Some are not very bright, and some are. I have stated in one of my other forums that there is a mix of EVERYTHING. I went to college for 2 years. The other day, I was talking to a 6 foot 1 black guy with dreadlocks and it turned out he had a bachelors degree.

I think you are a lot smarter than the way you speak online. Your not the first, and certainly not the last to stereotype bus drivers. If you have not met every single bus driver for the MTA, then you should not stereotype.

So to conclude my post, "no offense to an new jersey transit people here", but I would say some can be illiterate, can't spell and tend to stereotype. - If you even know what this means.

New Jersey T, I don't get offended easily, but locomotion has a great point. "ALOT" is one word, not "a lot". You spelt "offense" wrong. Some are not very bright, and some are. I have stated in one of my other forums that there is a mix of EVERYTHING. I went to college for 2 years. The other day, I was talking to a 6 foot 1 black guy with dreadlocks and it turned out he had a bachelors degree.

I think you are "ALOT" smarter than the way you speak online. Your not the first, and certainly not the last to stereotype bus drivers. If you have not met every single bus driver for the MTA, then you should not stereotype.

So to conclude my post, "no offense to an new jersey transit people here", but I would say some can be illiterate, can't spell and tend to stereotype. - If you even know what this means.

Not to nit-pick or anything, but "a lot" is actually two words.:P

Sorry guys but I didn't mean all bus drivers,yes you have your ones that don't know anything,but then you have the ones that know there job very well and can do it everyday and get it done without a hitch then you have the "over qualified" people that are very bright and possibly even smarter then a lot of the normal people that have average everyday desk jobs etc...

But yes I agree with you that if I have not meet every single MTA bus driver then I shouldn't sterotype,yes I understand but I never said anything about the MTA bus drivers either....

@Chris,"no offense to an new jersey transit people here", but I would say some can be illiterate, can't spell and tend to stereotype. - If you even know what this means.

Do you really think I'm dumb? Last time I checked I was in 10th Grade getting A,Bs, and Cs.But thats just me.

But I guess I was wrong for saying that....:P

New Jersey T, I don't get offended easily, but locomotion has a great point. You spelt "offense" wrong. Some are not very bright, and some are. I have stated in one of my other forums that there is a mix of EVERYTHING. I went to college for 2 years. The other day, I was talking to a 6 foot 1 black guy with dreadlocks and it turned out he had a bachelors degree.

I think you are a lot smarter than the way you speak online. Your not the first, and certainly not the last to stereotype bus drivers. If you have not met every single bus driver for the MTA, then you should not stereotype.

I just don't know what to say never thought that Sterotypes would rear it's UGLY head here SMH but well put Mr. Frusci

Sorry guys but I didn't mean all bus drivers,yes you have your ones that don't know anything,but then you have the ones that know there job very well and can do it everyday and get it done without a hitch then you have the "over qualified" people that are very bright and possibly even smarter then a lot of the normal people that have average everyday desk jobs etc...

But yes I agree with you that if I have not meet every single MTA bus driver then I shouldn't sterotype,yes I understand but I never said anything about the MTA bus drivers either....

@Chris,"no offense to an new jersey transit people here", but I would say some can be illiterate, can't spell and tend to stereotype. - If you even know what this means.

Do you really think I'm dumb? Last time I checked I was in 10th Grade getting A,Bs, and Cs.But thats just me.

But I guess I was wrong for saying that....:P

Don't they have a minimum age requirement to join the site if not i would like to vote him off until he turns 18 LMAO

NEWJERSEYT: I'm sorry, I didn't know you were 16. I thought you were older. My apologies. Believe it or not, there are people actually worse than you. The sad part about that, is that the people I am referencing are older than you. I refuse to hang anyone who speaks their mind.

Nobody will throw you off for making that comment. Thats what a forum is all about. Feel free to speak your mind. Next time just think before you say it.....lol you went into a bus forum and completely abused bus drivers.

Lets have a vote. Who here has said something not too intelligent when they were 16? Hell, who has said something not so intelligent in the last day?

I am one vote already.

Seeing as(no offence to any bus drivers here) a lot are dumb as door nails I would say no:rolleyes:

Contrary to what the others are saying, I whole-heartedly agree. You have one that posts here. He was the first current MTA employee to post here.

Contrary to what the others are saying, I whole-heartedly agree. You have one that posts here. He was the first current MTA employee to post here.

I am not trying to stir the pot,but what about TO's? Is a H.S diploma not necessary to get that position? I think locomotive engineer sounds better.

I am not trying to stir the pot,but what about TO's? Is a H.S diploma not necessary to get that position? I think locomotive engineer sounds better.

Open Competitive T/Os need a H.S. diploma, and 5 years continuous full-time work experience.

Archived