Was my C/R BSing...?

CTK246

So today I was taking the (5) to school. It's last stopvwas Franklin Av. (God knew why), so I took the (2) across the platform. The conductor told us that because of a smoke condition at Borough Hall, the train would be heavily delayed. Then at E-Pkwy, he said there are signal issues at Grand Army...THEN he told us that there was a sick passenger at Nevins St, delayng us more. Finally, he said we would be delayed more because of switch problems at Atlantic. Now, it seems VERY UNLIKELY that these four events would happen at the same time, I personally thnk the C/R just tried to make the situation worse than it is. Did all these events really occur? (today between 8:30 and 9:10)

So today I was taking the (5) to school. It's last stopvwas Franklin Av. (God knew why), so I took the (2) across the platform. The conductor told us that because of a smoke condition at Borough Hall, the train would be heavily delayed. Then at E-Pkwy, he said there are signal issues at Grand Army...THEN he told us that there was a sick passenger at Nevins St, delayng us more. Finally, he said we would be delayed more because of switch problems at Atlantic. Now, it seems VERY UNLIKELY that these four events would happen at the same time, I personally thnk the C/R just tried to make the situation worse than it is. Did all these events really occur? (today between 8:30 and 9:10)

I got emails about them. Except about the signal problems at Grand Army.If I were you next time i would take the Franklin Ave Shuttle to the (C)(B) or (Q) if the conducter says a train will be "heavily delayed".Especally during Rush hour.

Don't know, but as a T/O, I will tell you, yes it can and has happened. When it rains, it can pour, flood, and drown, down here sometimes..........

I've had this happen to me, and turn a 45 minute ride into a 2 hour ride. It seems to me that when the train gets stuck for a while, people just love to pass out, vomit, etc. I really don't know why, but when one thing goes wrong, everything else falls apart too. Murphy's law I guess.

One time (out of hundreds) last year I got dropped off at Trenton, everything was clearly messed up, there were trains parked all over, including an acela. I waited 20 minutes to board a keystone, and it took about 2 and a half hours to get to Newark Penn. Not new York, Newark. Trip usually takes 52 minutes on nj transit, 32 on Amtrak.

If something similar happened on the subway I would have tried to find alternate means of getting wherever, bus, taxi, lirr, PATH, walking.

- A

franklin avenue was the last stop on that (5) train because of delays caused by said events... and yes, they all did occur. it took some trains close to 3 hours to get back uptown.

Archived