Question about West Farms RTS

I Run Trains

On West Farms RTS Buses

1991 TMC RTS-06: 8077, 8126, 8157, 8363, 8395

1994 TMC RTS-06: 8660

all of those buse just have the MTA logo on them which the bus number.

No MTA BUS or MTA New York City Bus on it.. JUST MTA.

i see these buses everyday where i live on the Bx35, Bx11, and Bx36, and i even saw it on the Bx18

but the way they but the stickers om it, it looks like the left enough space to add Bus! so will those buses be moved over to MTA bus soon?!?!?!?!

On West Farms RTS Buses

1991 TMC RTS-06: 8077, 8126, 8157, 8363, 8395

1994 TMC RTS-06: 8660

all of those buse just have the MTA logo on them which the bus number.

No MTA BUS or MTA New York City Bus on it.. JUST MTA.

i see these buses everyday where i live on the Bx35, Bx11, and Bx36, and i even saw it on the Bx18

but the way they but the stickers om it, it looks like the left enough space to add Bus! so will those buses be moved over to MTA bus soon?!?!?!?!

Some of those buses were transferred from (MTA) Bus back to NYCT.

Yeah, it's because of the bus shortage. It is easier to just leave it as (MTA) seeing that they swap a lot of 90/91 RTS's. They will also begin to swap O7 hybrids soon.

NYCT should just bring the 91's in storage back into service to stop taking buses from (MTA) Bus. the Hybrid swap will only be interesting if they go to depots that don't have any currently. What's causing this shortage, anyway?

swapping hybrids from (MTA) bus to NYCT. that will be interesting.

NYCT should just bring the 91's in storage back into service to stop taking buses from (MTA) Bus. the Hybrid swap will only be interesting if they go to depots that don't have any currently. What's causing this shortage, anyway?

No I must have not been clear. MTAB is supposed to get some of NYCT's hybrids. The shortage is mostly because of buses being in the shop, others being in storage, private lines buses being retired, and the fact that MTA has increased service on a few routes. Other than that I don't know if there is any more to it. Not to mention that, but how many buses have been pulled from service over the last few months due to accidents. 9626, and IIRC 9448 and another bus are done for. So that means NYCT needed a few 90/91 RTS's from MTAB to fill in the Gaps. Hell, when that 3 bus accident happened a couple months ago, 8283 has just come back from MTAB, then right back to the shop.

swapping hybrids from (MTA) bus to NYCT. that will be interesting.

No I must have not been clear. MTAB is supposed to get some of NYCT's hybrids. The shortage is mostly because of buses being in the shop, others being in storage, private lines buses being retired, and the fact that MTA has increased service on a few routes. Other than that I don't know if there is any more to it. Not to mention that, but how many buses have been pulled from service over the last few months due to accidents. 9626, and IIRC 9448 and another bus are done for. So that means NYCT needed a few 90/91 RTS's from MTAB to fill in the gaps. Hell, when that 3 bus accident happened a couple months ago, 8283 has just come back from MTAB, then right back to the shop.

I remember when I was in there last year, they had those buses in there parked under the Cross-Bronx (it was around the end of the year). They just had MTA on the side, but never ran. Guess they are short on buses, since the big swap.

file.php?n=294&w=o

You can see the back of one, when I had taken a pic of the crispy critter.

wow thats some damage,oh well here some pic of the BX17 signless RTS

0502081631ol3.jpg

0502081632du6.jpg

0502081633ad4.jpg

They could at least give it a fresh code of paint will its in service,but I guess it only temporary on till the new hybrids arrive,but why did they remove the NYC bus sign? were they plan to go to the (MTA) bus company?

wow thats some damage,oh well here some pic of the BX17 signless RTS

They could at least give it a fresh code of paint will its in service,but I guess it only temporary on till the new hybrids arrive,but why did they remove the NYC bus sign? were they plan to go to the (MTA) bus company?

This bus went from Kingsbridge to MTA Bus, to West Farms, and will most likely go back to MTA Bus, so they wont even bother to NYCB on it. About 2 months ago I saw 8382 operating on the B43 with MTA Bus titles.

Archived