MTA to award order for 74 new CNG's to Orion

East New York

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Someone will still cry "Spring Creek should get something."

They're all going to one depot (that has too many buses as is).... and one depot only.

Almost all of CP buses are of retirement age. Spring Creek has hybrids and if needed, can get a few more

I have three questions

1. When the new CNG's come and the C40LFR's are they going to replace all the Orion V CNG's from CP.

2. Does this include SC's Orions getting replaced.

3. When do these 74 CNG buses arrive to CP

LOL

1. Yes, all of CP's CNG's will be replaced when the new buses come in.

2. Yes SC is going back to CNG ops, and the hybrids will go elsewhere.

3. That depends on when the contact is awarded.

Someone will still cry "Spring Creek should get something."

They're all going to one depot (that has too many buses as is).... and one depot only.

Even though SC's O5's are reaching retirement age as well, they don't need any as bad as CP. They have hybrids for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am being told everything should pretty much stay the same now that the MTA will order an addition 74 CNG buses. This would bring the near term total to 202 new CNG buses for the division. The first of which will begin delivery this year. This alone will be more than enough to replace the entire fleet of aging Orion V's at the College Point Depot.

*45 New Flyer C40LFR's

*83 40 foot CNG buses(believed to be an option for further C40LFR's)

*74 40 foot CNG buses(To be supplied by either New Flyer or Orion pending bid outcome)

MTA Bus will also get Real Time Customer Information with the delivery of new buses starting in 2012.

Ok, I am being told everything should pretty much stay the same now that the MTA will order an addition 74 CNG buses. This would bring the near term total to 202 new CNG buses for the division. The first of which will begin delivery this year. This alone will be more than enough to replace the entire fleet of aging Orion V's at the College Point Depot.

*45 New Flyer C40LFR's

*74 40 foot CNG buses(To be supplied by either New Flyer or Orion pending bid outcome)

MTA Bus will also get Real Time Customer Information with the delivery of new buses starting in 2012.

Yess

*45 New Flyer C40LFR's

When like in August they will start coming to CP.

• 8 months later...
The time had finally come for the 74 + 30 option CNG award. Final pricing is due to the MTA (from New Flyer & Orion) on Friday November 4th, and the award is scheduled for December.

I would also like to see Orion get the award. They deserve it. Also, from what I've seen, the Orion CNGs on Long Island Bus run well and sound great. I would love to see those in the city.

*45 New Flyer C40LF's

*83 40 foot CNG buses(believed to be an option for further C40LF's)

NEW Flyer please hear KR's call and come to the North Oh Please ,I want QV and CS to cry over our new packages:)...oh I forgot STARTALL scraping V CNGUNKS

Best and Final offers are in, and now under review at Zerega. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Orion bid the 3G which is very similar to the LIB NG's Those buses were already EPA10 compliant. If MTA goes with Orion they can directly compare the new Orion VII with the New Flyer C40LF.

New Flyer bid the LF from what I was told. I have yet to confirm myself, so we will see. If so, these buses would follow the current order.

MTA currently holds options on both New Flyer and Orion CNG buses right now. This could go either way.

I would also like to see Orion get the award. They deserve it. Also, from what I've seen, the Orion CNGs on Long Island Bus run well and sound great. I would love to see those in the city.

That would be very interesting. Especially since this entire order is for MTA Bus.

NEW Flyer please hear KR's call and come to the North Oh Please ,I want QV and CS to cry over our new packages:)...oh I forgot STARTALL scraping V CNGUNKS

Well, it's time to get it started! C40's coming in right now, and what's behind door #2 is coming next!

The O5 CNG's have officially come to the end of their service lives! All of them!!!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

It is now December. Time for another bus procurement.:cool:

If MTA goes with New Flyer for this order, it is my understanding they would still be C40LF's.

IMO, it would make sense to go with Orion. This gives MTA a chance to evaluate the E10 layout, and have more buses built in New York.

The current New Flyer order has an "option 2" for 90 Buses. C40LFR's would be great!! And it's the perfect number of buses!:(

The CTA base order was for 140 buses with 4 options for an additional 760 buses. I'm not sure how many they built, or how many they have parts for. However, New Flyer can continue to build as many LF's as they want. They have the resources, and it keeps the maintenance costs super low for the MTA. It's much more economical to have all LF's.

• 2 weeks later...
Not cool.....not cool at all!:)

Unfortunately, most all of them are shot to hell. I do feel you though. There are a few good ones still left, and it would be nice to see a few around. Especially since they are the last of the ex-pbl buses. I'm sure a couple will become museum buses for Command and QSC.

As long as they keep a few of the 6300 series buses for a while I can live. The last of the CNG's will probably be around until the end of 2012, but their days are numbered.

I love the Orion V CNG, and it took me a while to warm up to the old L10G Orions here, because by the time I knew what they were, there were only 10 left. I also liked how cool the blue backlights looked on the destination signs (although blue on green doesn't work too well) were on the city Orion Vs.

I just don't like the padded seats they have, like in 9827 from WF. I'd rather have the seats they used in the RTS or the Orion VIIs, unless they're switching those out in the city now, or the soft seats from the suburban/express CNGs.

Unfortunately, most all of them are shot to hell. I do feel you though. There are a few good ones still left, and it would be nice to see a few around. Especially since they are the last of the ex-pbl buses. I'm sure a couple will become museum buses for Command and QSC.

As long as they keep a few of the 6300 series buses for a while I can live. The last of the CNG's will probably be around until the end of 2012, but their days are numbered.

THEY BETTER SAVE TWO they should have saved 708 I Hope they save one of the Triboro ones too To me they are the best ones I love them 7200's as well as the 9800's (QSC) they have the best Backfire

It's time!!!!

And the award goes to.....

New Flyer Industries of America!

At this time, it appears to be more C40LF's. I am currently awaiting a phone call on the details. Most of which should be spelled out next week in the contract outline.

Preliminary assignments: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/updated-c40lf-assignment-33712.html

They should save 708 and paint it back into the Command scheme. Take 7253 and paint it into the Triboro scheme. As well as to saving one of the 9800s and paint that in the Queens Surface scheme. But knowing how the MTA operates, they would probably take a random CNG and leave it at that.

7252 and 7219 :)

It's time!!!!

And the award goes to.....

New Flyer Industries of America!

At this time, it appears to be more C40LF's. I am currently awaiting a phone call on the details. Most of which should be spelled out next week in the contract outline.

Preliminary assignments: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/updated-c40lf-assignment-33712.html

lol

Wth is Orion bidding that NF is beating them?

lol

Wth is Orion bidding that NF is beating them?

On the last bid it was only like $2,000 per bus. But with 385 buses on the way, I'm sure they made them an excellent offer.

Both Orion and New Flyer had options out with MTA. Orion off LIB, and New Flyer off the initial 135.

Archived