MTA to award order for 74 new CNG's to Orion

East New York

As I mentioned last week, MTA has been working on a new order for additional CNG's. This order is not related to the 83 unit CNG option the MTA is set to award New Flyer.(See Newer posts!) I have confirmed that New Flyer and Orion will both bid.

I'm being told that all 74 buses will go to College Point depot.

http://www.mta.info/mta/capital/eotf-descrip.htm#mtabus

Nice, I hope Orion wins cause of their recent issues they been having with workers getting their hours cut, etc, I want to them to win mainly for that reason.

Orion is hell bent on securing this order! I was talking to one of their execs about it this evening. I hope they get it was well.

On another note, Where in the hell have you been? Can I look foreward to some of those epic RTS shots you used to blessed us with?:cool:

Orion is hell bent on securing this order! I was talking to one of their execs about it this evening. I hope they get it was well.

On another note, Where in the hell have you been? Can I look foreward to some of those epic RTS shots you used to blessed us with?:cool:

I got logged out like about a little over a year ago and the E mail address that I signed up with this site didn't work anymore, I decided to use the opportunity to take an little break from here and come back when I was ready, as for the second sentence, I hope so, lol.

I got logged out like about a little over a year ago and the E mail address that I signed up with this site didn't work anymore, I decided to use the opportunity to take an little break from here and come back when I was ready, as for the second sentence, I hope so, lol.

Great to have you back. I still go back and see your ECH Thread.

Anyways, I can't wait to see what these can be. They better annouce them soon.

As I mentioned last week, MTA has been working on a new order for additional CNG's. This order is not related to the 83 unit CNG option the MTA is set to award New Flyer. I have confirmed that New Flyer and Orion will both bid.

kool...

As I mentioned last week, MTA has been working on a new order for additional CNG's. This order is not related to the 83 unit CNG option the MTA is set to award New Flyer. I have confirmed that New Flyer and Orion will both bid.

Where does it say that the buses will be "fully funded by the FTA ?"

Where does it say that the buses will be "fully funded by the FTA ?"

Its doesn't. That's info I obtained just before the RPF went public. Same with the current LIB CNG order. They never actually printed anywhere (public) that the feds are finding that purchase either, but they are.

Its doesn't. That's info I obtained just before the RPF went public. Same with the current LIB CNG order. They never actually printed anywhere (public) that the feds are finding that purchase either, but they are.

It's called an RFP......and if FTA funds will pay for the buy, I think that there are a whole bunch of FTA requirements and forms that must be included in the RFP.

I didn't think the feds were funding anything recently. Which is why Orion and Nova have reduced working days. Until congress passes another funding plan, I thought they were done spending.

It's called an RFP......and if FTA funds will pay for the buy, I think that there are a whole bunch of FTA requirements and forms that must be included in the RFP.

RFP is obviously what I meant to type. And I am quite sure all of that has to be, and will included.

I didn't think the feds were funding anything recently. Which is why Orion and Nova have reduced working days. Until congress passes another funding plan, I thought they were done spending.

I don't know about all that, but I do know for a fact the feds are funding this one, and they just funded the LIB order as well. They also just funded Detroit's brand new DE60LF's, and they are also funding some new Gilligs they currently have on order.

ARRA is funded differently than typical FTA programs. I am not sure whether that may affect the paperwork or not.

Nice, I hope Orion wins cause of their recent issues they been having with workers getting their hours cut, etc, I want to them to win mainly for that reason.

I would love to see Orion have get some business but I hope they don't get this order. I don't need to see anymore Orion buses in my neighborhood (Q50). I am NGed out right now. LOL

Team New Flyer!!!!

Not to sound redundant or anything.....but over at CP we have CNG's aka Compressed Natural Gunk.....my poor back will be in love with anything new.......what happened to last summer the rumor of CP we will be getting new buses? I was like ho hum another rumor another bust! lol

Not to sound redundant or anything.....but over at CP we have CNG's aka Compressed Natural Gunk.....my poor back will be in love with anything new.......what happened to last summer the rumor of CP we will be getting new buses? I was like ho hum another rumor another bust! lol

I wasn't a rumor. The CNG contract was awarded last summer. Now if somebody said you all were getting new buses last summer, then they didn't know what they were talking about.

Trust me. They are. CP is getting 150 new CNG's.

I have three questions

1. When the new CNG's come and the C40LFR's are they going to replace all the Orion V CNG's from CP.

2. Does this include SC's Orions getting replaced.

3. When do these 74 CNG buses arrive to CP

LOL

Archived