LIRR Budd M3 railcar datasheets and drawings

trainluv

its so funny how those cars are all over the MTA railroad lines since the 70's but nobody can find drawings or any kind of Datasheets of them. its not like they're unknown Railroad cars

I have a book with both the M2 and M3 design on the back cover. I'll scan it later tonight.

The bottom is a M3. The cab window is a dead giveaway (the M1 cab window goes up/down).

no Nova RTS 9147, your wrong the M3 is the one with the up and down windows and the M1A for the MNRR which you have at the bottom has a few crosses in the windows

the top one is a M1A and the bottom one is a M1

Anything with A at the end was built for the Metro North, the M3 came out with the sliding cab window after the M1-M2 had scratch that, HAS window problems such as Ice build up. The M7s were reintroduced with them. Now the M3/A was built by TransitAmerica (Budd) while the M1/A was built by Budd when they were making Silverliners.

My old buddy Doug is a modeler (He made the LIRR ESA model sitting outside the museum in grand central) customized an M1 with PS2.0 and pantographs. The whole works. If you want I can have him make you a set.

Sorry. I thought this was modeling not sims. My Bad...

Top photo is a metro north M3

Bottom photo is a metro north M1.

M3 windows slide sideways, all others are up and down. A few LIRR M1s were retrofitted with M3 windows.

Because one of the windows got jammed inna thunderstorm and the engineer got some of electric componates wet. Those were replacement for the REALLY REALLY bad windows. Even though the M2s still have that problem. Dropslash windows onna metal track=No good. Dropslash window onna greased fiberglass track (M4/6, M7, M8)=Cheaper better working windows.

Archived