NEC delays, person struck

Kamen Rider

NJT is reporting 1 hour plus delays westbound and 30-45 minutes eastbound. Westbound trains are skipping Princeton Jct. and Hamilton. A trespasser was hit and killed.

Northeast Regional hit someone almost at full speed. Shame shame. People, there are bridge and crossunders at Princeton Jct. and Hamilton, there NO EXCUSE why this accident could have been avoided. Now that one crewmember not on the job because he need to take a piss test.

People, there are bridge and crossunders at Princeton Jct. and Hamilton, there NO EXCUSE why this accident could have been avoided. Now that one crewmember not on the job because he need to take a piss test.

I don't think people are confused as to the way yo get to the other platform(s) at any stations along any rail lines in the US. There is either a cross under, or a bridge, or it's close enough to a grade crossing to use that.

It's not an accident, it was a suicide. Amtrak trains hardly ever (basically never) use the outer tracks south of metuchen in NJ, and that is for stops at metropark.

As for crew member taken out, um, no, the train has the right to go 125 through there, and at that speed, especially with someone intentionally stepping in front of the train at the last moment, there would be absolutely no way to stop in time. No one is at fault here, it was a suicide.

- A

I can just imagine sitting at the controls of that train @ 125mph and hitting someone at that speed...what a mess. Whoever it was knew trains fly through there and figured it would be the easiest way to be taken out. Quick and fast.

I saw the video of the person waiting till no one could see or stop her & climbed down and in front of an acela going 135 through hamilton. 10 mph more might not seem much, but, yea, the lady was basically splattered like a water balloon everywhere, only a few bone fragments and her lower legs/feet remained. You can even now still see the dark area on the rails where the blood was... it's really concentrated & as you go west it becomes more like dark spots. Pretty sobering reminder of how hopeless people can cause tragedy. I went by there on train the day after it happened... There was this sickening smell of rotting and industrial chemicals mixed together when they opened the doors for the station stop. :confused: :)

- A

Archived