Losing transfer from subway to bus

QM1to6Ave

I have been noticing this happening more and more frequently recently, and it is really irritating. I get off the subway, get on to a bus, dip my metro card, and bam, it says '2.25 paid' and my transfer is gone. I have noticed that this tends to happen when the B/O is holding a button down on his side of the farebox (one of the F keys). I have lost a good 10 dollars in the last 2 weeks, and this is with different metrocards and on different buses, so it is not a problem with my card.

Is this a problem with the farebox? Does the button have something to do with it? Sometimes I see it says 'coin bypass' on the B/O's readout, if that helps.

Yeah, I have checked the cards with an S/A, and I wait after I dip the card to see if it is the last person's info still up on the screen or not. When I point it out to the B/O, he usually just shrugs, which is kind of annoying, but I get that there is nothing he can do after the money has been taken off.

I have been noticing this happening more and more frequently recently, and it is really irritating. I get off the subway, get on to a bus, dip my metro card, and bam, it says '2.25 paid' and my transfer is gone. I have noticed that this tends to happen when the B/O is holding a button down on his side of the farebox (one of the F keys). I have lost a good 10 dollars in the last 2 weeks, and this is with different metrocards and on different buses, so it is not a problem with my card.

Is this a problem with the farebox? Does the button have something to do with it? Sometimes I see it says 'coin bypass' on the B/O's readout, if that helps.

Get an envelope from a staion agent and mail to card in explaining the situations.

Nope- I use a mix of the express bus and subway/local bus, so it does not pay to get either an unlimited regular or 7-day express card. I guess it has just been bad luck, and not a widespread problem recently. Oh well.

So you don't use the express bus enough to justify the $50.00 a week price tag huh? I just get it (The Express Bus Plus Card) because even if I use it just five days a week I still break even and then some with the amount that I ride the express bus, local bus and subway during the week in the city. You are aware that the Unlimited Express Bus card can be used on the express bus, subway and local bus right?

Wait, you can you the express bus plus card for unlimited rides on the subway and local bus, too?

That's why it's called the Unlimited Express Bus Plus card... The problem is it's not well advertised, so not many people know about it. I happened to find out about it originally from a co-worker who was taking the QM1A express bus from Queens from time to time to the office. I had tried the express bus for a week paying at the time $5.00 each way since I was sick of the three transfers (bus-ferry-subway deal), but I was limiting my trips in terms of using the subway or bus in the city since I didn't have an unlimited card and thought, if they only had an unlimited card that I could use on the express bus, the local bus and the subway, I'd be set. At the time it was $41.00 a week. Now it's $50.00, but it's still an amazing deal when you think about it. They had a monthly that was $120.00 I believe way back when but they ditched it since it was such a good deal. :cool:

I use the express bus to and from work everyday, but I also use the subway and bus in the city, plus weekend trips to the city on the express bus when I'm in the mood to hang out in the city, so overall what I pay per ride is practically nothing. If you use the express bus say 10 times a week, you've already covered the $50.00.

When you go to the vending machine, I think it's an option under the unlimited cards. It's so natural now for me to make the selection that I forget what even appears on the screen. lol

Thanks for the info...I did the math, and it does not pay to use the unlimited card for my current situation, but now I can keep it in mind if my situation changes.

I also, in general, like to stay away from 7-day cards, in case I forget to buy the new one before day 8, and then I am screwed if I need the express bus in the morning.

Thanks for the info...I did the math, and it does not pay to use the unlimited card for my current situation, but now I can keep it in mind if my situation changes.

I also, in general, like to stay away from 7-day cards, in case I forget to buy the new one before day 8, and then I am screwed if I need the express bus in the morning.

Well at least you know though. Me, I have it set up that my card expires after Monday, so this way if I don't go out on the weekend, I know I'll have to get on Monday, so it makes it easy since the day is always the same. Sometimes I'll just get two weeks worth of them so that I don't have to be bothered for a while. :cool:

That's why it's called the Unlimited Express Bus Plus card... The problem is it's not well advertised, so not many people know about it. I happened to find out about it originally from a co-worker who was taking the QM1A express bus from Queens from time to time to the office. I had tried the express bus for a week paying at the time $5.00 each way since I was sick of the three transfers (bus-ferry-subway deal), but I was limiting my trips in terms of using the subway or bus in the city since I didn't have an unlimited card and thought, if they only had an unlimited card that I could use on the express bus, the local bus and the subway, I'd be set. At the time it was $41.00 a week. Now it's $50.00, but it's still an amazing deal when you think about it. They had a monthly that was $120.00 I believe way back when but they ditched it since it was such a good deal. :cool:

I use the express bus to and from work everyday, but I also use the subway and bus in the city, plus weekend trips to the city on the express bus when I'm in the mood to hang out in the city, so overall what I pay per ride is practically nothing. If you use the express bus say 10 times a week, you've already covered the $50.00.

When you go to the vending machine, I think it's an option under the unlimited cards. It's so natural now for me to make the selection that I forget what even appears on the screen. lol

They eliminated the monthly express bus card because it was becoming too much money to lay out for 1 card. Weekly cards are more economic, especially when lost (at the time, no insurance), and damaged.

They eliminated the monthly express bus card because it was becoming too much money to lay out for 1 card. Weekly cards are more economic, especially when lost (at the time, no insurance), and damaged.

To tell you the truth it's annoying to have to keep getting weekly cards. Plus if they still had the monthly it would be cheaper than the $200.00 - $250.00 I pay a month.

Archived