New loud annoncements on 5 trains

Abba

Today i heard a nice loud audible announcement on the 5 train on at least one train,not sure there might be more.. I forgot the car number the first time.The second time it was car number 6474.Sounded kind of cool.I will try to download a video the next time i see this.Anyone else saw this?

Today i heard a nice loud audible announcement on the 5 train on at least one train,not sure there might be more.. I forgot the car number the first time.The second time it was car number 6474.Sounded kind of cool.I will try to download a video the next time i see this.Anyone else saw this?

Manual or auto? I've never found an NTT auto announcement inaudible from in the train.

Manual or auto? I've never found an NTT auto announcement inaudible from in the train.

No its audible.But much louder than usual.I thought it sounded cool.Next time I'll take a 25 second vid,which my phone allows and record it.

There is a R-142 set on the (4) like that.Its an exterior only announcement and it is LOUD but the sounds are in transition from interior to exterior.When I say LOUD I mean not station quiet I mean that set announcements echoed through the Bronx streets by the (4).Its a 71xx set.

There is a R-142 set on the (4) like that.Its an exterior only announcement and it is LOUD but the sounds are in transition from interior to exterior.When I say LOUD I mean not station quiet I mean that set announcements echoed through the Bronx streets by the (4).Its a 71xx set.

Yeah, I've heard this also at the Grand Central stop. It's also something I've heard on the (N) line around 23rd and Broadway. You can hear the stop being announced from the street in that instance. I guess the message is if you can't the stops now then you're clearly deaf.

I did once catch this R142 set on the (2), the announements were blasting out of the speakers. The set # was in th 6300's (I think, not sure).

Anyway I see this was caught on the (4), so I'm not sure about this.

I think I saw that one at 125th yesterday. Really loud exterior.

Archived