Nova LFS on B6

mikexny

Any word on whether the b6 will get new buses soon? How quiet is the nova LFS that was tested on the B6? Also whats going on with the Xcelsior? Which one of the 2 is quieter? I live nearby and just wondering if the loud rumbeling of the b6 line will finally be muted!

thanks

You know the title of your thread is really misleading and you really should retitle it if possible. The title looks like you had seen them on that line and we still aren't sure where they are going yet lol. Not trying to be mean, just helping you out. :o

Now to answer your question, the Nova LFS hasn't arrived in any of the depots yet and we don't know when it will. But they could be coming to the (MTA) properties at any given day now.

I heard that the Xcelsior is back with New Flyer. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

I haven't been around either of the buses so I can't tell you which one is more quiet.

Aside from the quieter bus question, I hope that helped you a bit.

The Nova LFS is very quiet, the LFS and 0058 have the same engine so the they about equally as quiet. I've been around and got to ride on both 0055 and 0058. As for when UP will actually be getting new buses, should be very soon. Once you start seeing posts about LFSs popping up in SI then UP won't be far behind, as their stated to receive the second batch.

@Princelex The Xcelsior Has Been Returned To New Flyer Your Correct . And 0058 is quieter . The Buses ( Lfs will be at nj when they are ready for shipping & drivers will go there to pick them up , the union rep at ulmer pk told me that when they got the 9300s they havent put on the goveners yet & they got them brand new so it was 21 drivers and they went to pick them up from nj and they were speeding & got pulled over by nj state police & they said " Where are yall speeding to this aint nyc . But yea the lfs will probably go to s.i first because its nj and then staten island and then brooklyn so it makes no sense to bypass s.i and then go to bk & come back and bring the rest to s.i so s.i will get them first im guessing & then brooklyn . What ever depot has drivers to go pick them up .

Are there any future plans for Ulmer Park to pick up some Xceliors at a later date after further testing?

thanks

The MTA is planning to order 90 New Flyers, its unknown if they will be LFRs or those 0058 type buses. Its also not known yet what depots will get those.

I heard Ulmer Park wasn't gonna get new buses b\c something happened(I forgot exactly) but whatever happened is the reason why they don't get new buses that's why there are many RTS's there(old equipment).But I'm not that much of a bus person I just know about the Bronx Depots.

The Nova LFS is very quiet, the LFS and 0058 have the same engine so the they about equally as quiet. I've been around and got to ride on both 0055 and 0058. As for when UP will actually be getting new buses, should be very soon. Once you start seeing posts about LFSs popping up in SI then UP won't be far behind, as their stated to receive the second batch.

The LFS and Xcelsior do NOT have the same engine. 0058 is a Diesel Electric Hybrid and has a Cummins EPA 07 ISB and Allison EP40 Hybrid Drive. With the LFS our 40 footers are diesels and have a Cummins EPA 10 ISL9-280 to either an Allison Allison WB-400R Gen IV (8000-8014) or ZF EcoLife 6AP1200B (8015-8089). 0055 had a Cummins EPA 07 ISL-280 with an Allison B-400R WTEC Gen IV.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post (I don't come on here too often anymore) But MTA will order 90 New Flyer Xcelsior Diesels, and 30 of them will be going to Ulmer Park!! AS a matter of fact, they are supposed to start delivery of them ENding July, Beginning August, with CAS getting the first 30 buses!

Archived