NABI Plans

Amtrak7

@NYCt: And the 1999/2000 Nova's. They're getting replaced too eventually with the NABI's. That's what I heard while I was at NJT. As for them getting NABI's, no way in hell it'll work. IMO: A NABI bus has less room than a Nova. They'll be so cramped inside, it'll look like sardines. in there. Honestly, and I know it'll never happen, but if A & C had the cash, they need artics.

@Mikan: I'm not 100% sure but the last I heard, Hilton's Flxible's are gone. They were only for the 107/108. Now they use nothing but NABI's.

@NYCt: And the 1999/2000 Nova's. They're getting replaced too eventually with the NABI's. That's what I heard while I was at NJT. As for them getting NABI's, no way in hell it'll work. IMO: A NABI bus has less room than a Nova. They'll be so cramped inside, it'll look like sardines. in there. Honestly, and I know it'll never happen, but if A & C had the cash, they need artics.

@Mikan: I'm not 100% sure but the last I heard, Hilton's Flxible's are gone. They were only for the 107/108. Now they use nothing but NABI's.

oh i knew that :eek: i really meant the nova's they have still though im not sure when they will start with those

They said something about the 30fts as well but the Nabi's takes up space inside and some of greenvilles are falling apart inside and there was suppose to be the Nabi Campo buses coming up here but that order was canceled and got to stick with theses Re-dubbed Nabi 416s its a shame that NJT is just sticking to theses Buses its just sad that MTA has so many diff varieties but yet NJT only has one type of bus they want

According to TTMG, NJT has 823 RTS' built 2000 or earlier, and 16 (including hybrids) built in 01/02.

Given that the order was for 1,145 NABI's, I think they can replace 823 RTS... unless there were 300 Flxibles (and I don't know anything about them)

They said something about the 30fts as well but the Nabi's takes up space inside and some of greenvilles are falling apart inside and there was suppose to be the Nabi Campo buses coming up here but that order was canceled and got to stick with theses Re-dubbed Nabi 416s its a shame that NJT is just sticking to theses Buses its just sad that MTA has so many diff varieties but yet NJT only has one type of bus they want

New Jersey Transit is not worried about what busfans think or want. Having many bus types presents a problem. After all the nabis get here most garages will be all nabi and mcis with the exception of the newark routes(13) which run those neoplans and fairview. Howell will be the only 100% mci garage....a nabi will never see the light of day on a howell route. The mta has a ton of bus types because dont know what the hell they want.

New Jersey Transit is not worried about what busfans think or want. Having many bus types presents a problem. After all the nabis get here most garages will be all nabi and mcis with the exception of the newark routes(13) which run those neoplans and fairview. Howell will be the only 100% mci garage....a nabi will never see the light of day on a howell route. The mta has a ton of bus types because dont know what the hell they want.

So are any RTS' going to survive, and at what depot?

Im not sure if any Novas will survive. But time will tell. Down here at the Egg Harbor Garage we have the 1999-2000 Novas.

Egg Harbor will probably be the LAST garage to get NABIs. South Jersey was lucky to be high on the lists to get the NABI suburbans [5th after Fairview, Greenville, Meadowlands and Orange. Newton Ave was 6th, then Hilton and Market St]. and the NABI Transits [Hamilton was first, then Newton Ave got the second batch to replace some of the suburbans that went up north, then Ironbound, Red & Tan Hudson, Market St, Hilton and now Greenville.].

Egg Harbor will probably be the LAST garage to get NABIs. South Jersey was lucky to be high on the lists to get the NABI suburbans [5th after Fairview, Greenville, Meadowlands and Orange. Newton Ave was 6th, then Hilton and Market St]. and the NABI Transits [Hamilton was first, then Newton Ave got the second batch to replace some of the suburbans that went up north, then Ironbound, Red & Tan Hudson, Market St, Hilton and now Greenville.].

Figures l0l. Well Newton Av & Washington TWP had some real shytboxes running on the road, finally got those flxs outta there. Our Novas are in good shape tho.

The NABIS at Washington TWP are already taking a beating on the 400.

The only MCI garages in NJT is Wayne (75, 122 (with Meadowlands), 151, 161, 190's (190 with Meadowlands), 324), Oradell (144, 155, 157, 162, 163, 164 (with Market Street), 165, 166 (with Meadowlands), 167 (with Meadowlands), 168, 177 (with Meadowlands), & 186), and Howell (63, 64, 67, 68, 128 (with Meadowlands), 130's (139 with Academy), 307, & 308 (with Meadowlands & Ironbound)).

Big Tree/Fairview/Hilton are Neoplan garages.

What about Academy and other private companies? Are they getting NABIs too?

There's too many rumors about Academy and Coach getting NABI's I doubt Academy need any anytime soon since their buses are very well maintained and very clean. Maybe in 2 or 3 years but not now. Coach USA, OH THEY NEED THEM! The last time I was on a Community Coach bus in Paterson, that dude had the bus stuffed at 97 degrees on a hot day with no operating AC. Another bus, I can hear the muffler sounding really bad. They can use them IMMEDIATELY. But who knows when they'll get here........

I completely forget about Wayne & Oradell!

There's too many rumors about Academy and Coach getting NABI's I doubt Academy need any anytime soon since their buses are very well maintained and very clean.

I don't think Academy needs nabis but thats just me, they may get the last batch. They do run there buses a ton and 8850-8855 run like total crap, now they were clean and i'll give them that l0l. Don't get me wrong they sound good, but there crap, the driving is worse then the 7802-05 series. If anything cusa needs those nabis asap. Those buses they call buses are total crap.

Listen to this thing.

Archived