B44s terminating on Church Av...

TrainFanatic

This is not the first time I've seen a northbound B44 terminate on Church Av. The b/o would actually make a turn onto Church Av and terminate there. The front screen or whatever you call it actually reads "B44 Church Av". Anyone has the answer as to why this occurs?

Those are school trippers coming at or near the area of Sheepshead Bay High School.

beat me to it...

TrainFanatic (and others), I'll be a little more specific...

those are those school trippers that start at Av X (b/w sheepshead hs & that middle school across the street from it), and end on church; as you already mentioned, the last dropoff stop on those trippers, is that B35 stop @ NY av/church av (westbound)....

then they go OOS, and turn (deadhead) down nostrand...

...and that's where exactly what Kamen' brought up, comes into play.... it heads back to the junction, stalls over there by the subway stairs, short of the bulletproof (comics store... that's the name of the place... I'm not referring to actual windows... lol), think that's a navy center over there, don't remember atm.... but anyway, when a good crowd compiles, that's when it'll pull up to the stop on the corner of Av H/Nostrand, for a return trip back to Knapp st....

My girlfriend takes that bus after school, to Glenwood Rd for the B6. She goes to Sheepshead Bay High School.

@B35 via Chruch: BTW, the JHS across the street from Sheepshead Bay is called Shellbank (I know it's not important, just adding the fact).

Archived