Union Square Wreck of 1991

3rd Avenue El

don't you feel weird driving a train who some of the cars were in a wreck that killed people and hurt hundreds? does it not feel strange knowing that some of the cars in your train were involved on that fateful night?

No since it was on the (4) as well when i started in 01 i operated it then. If i recall 1438 was my headout Motor once...

Ray was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 15 years in prison, but released in April 2002 for good behavior.

Sadly, he made his way through the carnage, upstairs at 14th Street-Union Square, purchased a beer at at a Deli and sat in Union Square Park drinking it while watching the activity. He bought two more beers, then walked to Grand Central Terminal and caught a subway home. Enroute he purchased yet another beer. He was located at 5:55am.

15 years doesn't seem long enough for his actions and considering what he did after the wreckage I'm baffled why he was even eligible for early release. Good behavior my ass.

Nah I don't get pissed off at graffitied subway cars with bad taste. This person might have more of a problem with it:

Michelle: 27th Dec 2009 - 00:59 GMT

Am one of the deceased (Delores Pryce) daughter, and I am still mourning the loss of my mom. It's one of the main reason why I moved out of NY, I too am scared of riding the transit.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Do you always have to post images/maps? A simple link would be fine.... If it's not yours then just link it. Once in a while fine, but it seems you always have to use up someone else's bandwidth to illustrate a point.

My thoughts exactly

This was the summer between 3rd grade and 4th grade for me. I remember watching the news and couldn't believe the horrible images from the crash. They should've given this operator life in prison IMO. And whoever tagged that subway car for him to be freed is too stupid to know the meaning of life. :tdown:

Archived