Flushing weekend busing

Amtrak7

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=110323-NYCT33

MTA New York City Transit announces that in order to carry out switch replacement work in the area of the Mets-Willets Point 7 station, there will be no 7 line subway service between the Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main Street stations between 4 a.m. on Saturday and 10 p.m. on Sunday on the following weekends: March 26-27, April 2-3, April 16-17 and May 14-15.

Free shuttle buses will operate between the Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main Street stations on those weekends. Regular weekend 7 line service will operate between the Mets-Willets Point and Times Square-42nd Street stations while this work is underway.

In addition, during the weekday rush hours from March 23 until May 13, the last Manhattan-bound express train will leave Flushing-Main Street at 9 a.m. rather than 9:55 a.m.

A preview of what's to come when CBTC implementation comes around in less than a year (I think).

If this is going to be like last time (not enough buses), they might as well have the people just walk.

A couple of years ago when they did the busing Main St to 111 St (right before the 74th St reconfig), there were plenty of buses, approx one in each direction every 5 minutes. But they were jam-packed.

The MTA probably thinks a 1-station shuttle doesn't deserve more buses, like the (D) busing Bedford Park-205 a while ago. But that's not true when you're dealing with the busiest single-line station in the system!

A preview of what's to come when CBTC implementation comes around in less than a year (I think).

The MTA is going to implement CBTC on the (7) in less than a year? I will be completely surprised if they do. Didn't it take much longer for CBTC implementation to start on the (L)?

My weekend travel to Manhattan will have to be on the LIRR during these suspensions. Thank goodness for City Ticket. Main Street is already difficult enough with all those buses converging on the (7) line there. It's way worse if you have to get onto a single 40-foot shuttle bus or the Q48 to continue to Willets Point.

Guest lance25
The MTA is going to implement CBTC on the (7) in less than a year? I will be completely surprised if they do. Didn't it take much longer for CBTC implementation to start on the (L)?

The Flushing CBTC project should be completed in 2016, at least according to the (MTA)'s schedule.

My weekend travel to Manhattan will have to be on the LIRR during these suspensions. Thank goodness for City Ticket. Main Street is already difficult enough with all those buses converging on the (7) line there. It's way worse if you have to get onto a single 40-foot shuttle bus or the Q48 to continue to Willets Point.

Obviously not completing the project. I think some sort of service change will start in less than a year, be it local service only.

If this is going to be like last time (not enough buses), they might as well have the people just walk.

Why not the LIRR? Yes, I know that costs money, but I also know that there are people who refuse to walk. They can take the LIRR than to Flushing Main Street. I don't see why not, they can easily transfer from the (7) to the LIRR at Woodside. Then 2 stops with LIRR and you're there.

This is routing of shuttle bus.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=40.758676,-73.829681&spn=0.003836,0.010568&msid=207687232210040543554.00049f6d03c63b72c651a&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=40.758676,-73.829681&spn=0.003836,0.010568&msid=207687232210040543554.00049f6d03c63b72c651a&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">(7) Shuttle Bus- Mets Willets Point-Flushing-Main St</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

Are they really using Shea Rd to turn around, or is that just Google?

Also, how frequent were they?

Yes. When Times Sq-bound (7) train was passing Shea Stadium watching from elevated view (while on train), I saw College Point Depot buses turning around there, followed by Casey Stengel/LGA Depot.

At Mets-Willets Point, discharge only was on event platform side, and two buses are boarding at same time.

At Roosevelt Av/Prince-Main St, discharge passengers.

At Roosevelt Av/Main St Q48/Q50/Q19/Q66 stop was for Q48 and (7)(S) Bus. Again 2 (7)(S) Bus boarding at same time.

Running very frequent.

As in result of (7)(S) Bus, Q19/Q50/Q66 buses had to share bus stop with N20/N21 Buses.

Why not the LIRR? Yes, I know that costs money, but I also know that there are people who refuse to walk. They can take the LIRR than to Flushing Main Street. I don't see why not, they can easily transfer from the (7) to the LIRR at Woodside. Then 2 stops with LIRR and you're there.

They dont even need to do that, they could just run additional Port Washington branch service and have all PW branch trains stop at Shea Stadium station to connect with the (7)

Archived