Buses in Middlesex County

DaTransitMan4608

I think that NJ Transit neglects Middlesex County:cry:

1) We have old buses from Academy(Yes I know they're in good condition but Academy can't keep running the same old buses over and over again, they should get new ones).

2) The only buses that are even in Middlesex County that are run by NJT are not running around the County from town to town.

3) I'm pretty sure there are transit fans there who wish they had the same Transit oppurtunities that are up in Newark, Jersey City, Hoboken, and Union City.

4) Some people would have to go to NEW YORK to get to another destination in NJ. (ex. I want to go from Old Bridge to Perth Amboy, NJT's site tells me: 139 to New York then 116 to Perth Amboy.)

Do you think that NJT neglects Middlesex County?

The demand may not be there. The Route 9 areas, 63, 64, 67, 130, 132, 136, 137, 139 + Academy has there way with NJT. The route 9 corridor is overserved. Its just way too many buses running.

130: Union Hill Express. You cant be serious. Put those people on the 139

132: Gordons Corner Express. Again throw these people on the 139

136: Freehold Mall Express. I cant belive they would give a mall direct express service from NYC.

The demand may not be there. The Route 9 areas, 63, 64, 67, 130, 132, 136, 137, 139 + Academy has there way with NJT. The route 9 corridor is overserved. Its just way too many buses running.

136: Freehold Mall Express. I cant belive they would give a mall direct express service from NYC.

^^exactly

Here's what NJT should do:

130: Old Bridge-South Amboy-New York

132: Matawan RR Station-New York

136: I'm with you on that one as well

Howell is overserved and I cant stand it. There is no need for all those routes running on one road basically. The 67 & 139 would have been good enough. Expand service where areas are growing. Howell doesnt even serve Asbury Park, but yet they let the Washington Twp Garage(South Jersey) four hrs away and the 317 be the only route to serve it.

And the only diff between the 63 & 64 is one's express(63). Instead of having all those buses running on one road split them up and have em run on other roads and other areas as you said.

And that Freehold Mall Express is a joke. :tdown:

Other areas in NJ are growing and would love to have that type of service. South Jersey is growing and it needs more frequent service. Howell needs to give up some of those buses to increase service elsewhere and expand into more areas as you stated.

Hell ,Half of Howell's buses dont even run daily which isnt good at all. On Saturday is when I get free time to take the bus sometimes, what should happen is NJT makes some routes like maybe 820-[except 822]829, give them to Howell and give Howell some NABIs for those routes:

820: Matawan-Old Bridge Park & Ride

821: Freehold-Aberdeen

823: Old Bridge P/R-Perth Amboy

824: Monroe-East Brunswick

824-829: i have no idea for those

The only reason the 130/132/136 exists is because people can't read the damn signs at PABT and the damn schedules. Let's face it: 2 years ago, there was no 130, no 132, and no 136. Too many "Snobs" on that line the few time I did the 139 P/R Express and the 137 P/R Express.

As for Middlesex County:

553 has a good point: If there isn't a demand for service at that location, especially for local destinations, unless a private company like Coach, Academy, or a outside vendor decides on making those types of routes, I doubt that anything like a Perth Amboy to Old Bridge locally, or even a Old Bridge to NY via Perth Amboy will happen.

The only reason the 130/132/136 exists is because people can't read the damn signs at PABT and the damn schedules. Let's face it: 2 years ago, there was no 130, no 132, and no 136. Too many "Snobs" on that line the few time I did the 139 P/R Express and the 137 P/R Express.

@SirJokaPlaya You mean ppl were actually rude to you on the bus?

As for Middlesex County:

553 has a good point: If there isn't a demand for service at that location, especially for local destinations, unless a private company like Coach, Academy, or a outside vendor decides on making those types of routes, I doubt that anything like a Perth Amboy to Old Bridge locally, or even a Old Bridge to NY via Perth Amboy will happen.

Reading the signs at PABT can be said for all the routes outta PABT! I remember when those routes were created and I was just like wow. I mean seriously look at the 166, 167.

The problem for Howell was created the moment all those Park-n-Rides were created. Pull out a 139 sch, who wants to look at that shyt l0l

You said it right Playa, they are snobs. I've never seen one area get so spoiled like the Howell Routes do.

yeah thats one reason why IMO Howell should have NABIs so the pax wont be so spoiled they gotta learn not to get used to those coaches. Hell they should get loan some of the 5200s From Greenville and show those snobs to be happy with what they get. I mean I'm not against Howell I just think they OD with the Weekday only service. I bet this had started right after 134 was cut.

yeah thats one reason why IMO Howell should have NABIs so the pax wont be so spoiled they gotta learn not to get used to those coaches. Hell they should get loan some of the 5200s From Greenville and show those snobs to be happy with what they get. I mean I'm not against Howell I just think they OD with the Weekday only service. I bet this had started right after 134 was cut.

Sadly, it's not Howell. It's the people in Lakewood, Brick, Toms River, Freehold, Jackson, and the surrounding area. Now, I'm not saying all of them are. They're some people that are nice in all lines, but I would say 60-75% of the people are either snobby, rude, or inconsiderate. All they wait for is the bus on time and not thinking about if the bus breaks down, or if there's traffic, or if there is another situation that requires me to be late. As long as I had Control Center knowing what's going on, I was covered, no matter what the situation was and how the people responded to the situation. And it's not only that area. Even Hudson county people are like that. Perfect example: Anyone knows that when it comes to getting into NY on the weekends, 70% of the time, there's major traffic: No matter if it's the GWB, Lincoln, or the Holland. I was working the 125 and I was already late due to spending 25 minutes into the tube getting IN to NYC. I practically dropped all the passengers that was on my bus in gate 407, the same gate I pick up, so I can try to make up some time. By the time I got to Journal Sq, I was back on time, with 4 minutes to spare. But, I had to use the mens room. So, I asked all the passengers, who were my regulars and understood that there is shitty traffic at times, that if I could use the bathroom and I'll be right out. All of them said sure. I spent maybe 5 minutes there to do what I had to do and make sure I look presentable. I didn't go to get a cup of coffee or food or a drink. I just rushed back up. There was a dude cursing me out, saying WTF is this? Why am I leaving 2 minutes late? The passengers were telling him he just came in and had to use the mens room, but he told them to STFU and he spat at me, but it didn't hit me. I wanted to kick his ass but it wasn't worth it. I should of told his ass to wait for the 88 and go F himself but I didn't. Some passengers are inconsiderate about what really goes on in the transit business. In a way, I'm glad that I'm now driving school buses. Yeah, I'll get issues with kids and traffic, but at least the parents and the school board knows that if there's a situation with traffic or whatever, they usually know and gets the heads up before they say a word.

Oh damn dude I had no idea it was that bad. I see what you mean, I mean every time i ride NJT I thank the driver before I get off its just sad how some people have no common courtesy. I mean its not the drivers fault, sometimes theres traffic because there was an accident someplace and the pax blame it on the driver.

That's the terrible truth. People think we just sit on our asses and drive a bus without a care. Hey, I want to live to see 28, 29, 30, and the years God gives me until he calls me home. So, I wanna make sure that I get my job done and get to and from where I have to go safely. As for saying hello and goodbye to passengers, they tell you in training that you have to say hello or say something but I know when they're not in a FRIENDLY mood, just take the ticket or see the pass, STFU, and drive the bus. That's how it is at times.

Reading the signs at PABT can be said for all the routes outta PABT! I remember when those routes were created and I was just like wow. I mean seriously look at the 166, 167.

Please. Don't mention 166/167. Those are my favorite lines but I want to bash idiots in the brains for not READING the damn schedules. Weekends after 10pm, they expect a 166T or 166X. Not after 10pm on Weekends and Holidays unless NJT makes a holiday schedule. People expect me to stop the bus before the Teaneck Armory on a 177, which the first stop IS the damn Armory. Give Me A Damn Break. It's no wonder I'm starting to get grey hair. Now I gotta whip out the Just For Men gel to keep my youth......either that or go bald again. LOL

1) We have old buses from Academy(Yes I know they're in good condition but Academy can't keep running the same old buses over and over again, they should get new ones).

2) The only buses that are even in Middlesex County that are run by NJT are not running around the County from town to town.

3) I'm pretty sure there are transit fans there who wish they had the same Transit oppurtunities that are up in Newark, Jersey City, Hoboken, and Union City.

4) Some people would have to go to NEW YORK to get to another destination in NJ. (ex. I want to go from Old Bridge to Perth Amboy, NJT's site tells me: 139 to New York then 116 to Perth Amboy.)

Yes! To answer your OP ending question.

Go to Manhattan to get to another part of NJ? LOLwut?!?! They can't be serious. WTF?!?!

I'd love to see Middlesex County's mass transit have comparable coverage & frequency of service to Staten Island.

Decent mass transit is the rarest most valuable commodity you can imagine.

or 818 to 815 at the mall!!!!! or walk to 815 or try 131 to 815 at rush the website is NOT VERY INFORMATIVE or 131 to 817 at PM rush and to 815 at AM rush

Hell ,Half of Howell's buses dont even run daily which isnt good at all. On Saturday is when I get free time to take the bus sometimes, what should happen is NJT makes some routes like maybe 820-[except 822]829, give them to Howell and give Howell some NABIs for those routes:

820: Matawan-Old Bridge Park & Ride

821: Freehold-Aberdeen

823: Old Bridge P/R-Perth Amboy

824: Monroe-East Brunswick

824-829: i have no idea for those

I agree with the 824 but the rest make no sense the 139 runs for a reason and is local on rte 9!!!!! also you can just add service to 133 and call it done!!!!

The 130,132 and 136 are variations of 139!!!!!! they were renumbered to allow one to know which is express and which isnt plus I observe those lines most are STANDING ROOM ONLY!!!!! even the variants and 139!!!!! however there does need to be a regionalization of the 600,700 and 800 series rtes.

Yes! To answer your OP ending question.

Go to Manhattan to get to another part of NJ? LOLwut?!?! They can't be serious. WTF?!?!

I'd love to see Middlesex County's mass transit have comparable coverage & frequency of service to Staten Island.

Decent mass transit is the rarest most valuable commodity you can imagine.

You have to consider that Middlesex County is less transit-oriented than Staten Island: It is more spread out and, therefore, better suited for travel by car than by transit. As a result, most people own cars, and are unlikely to use them for local trips such as those (the marginal cost of driving is less than the cost of a transit fare)

Hopefully, Middlesex County (and the United States in general) will become more concentrated and more conducive to a transit-oriented environment. It is better to have somebody living in a smaller house (or apartment, but you have to accept that some people want to spread out a little bit) than to have them live in a big house, or a house in the middle of nowhere.

The 130,132 and 136 are variations of 139!!!!!! they were renumbered to allow one to know which is express and which isnt plus I observe those lines most are STANDING ROOM ONLY!!!!! even the variants and 139!!!!! however there does need to be a regionalization of the 600,700 and 800 series rtes.

I know that boss. I worked on the 67 a couple times. Im saying its pointless running all those routes and they dont run during off peak hours which is pointless. On the weekends 139 service is shyt. Why have all those buses if you dont even use them. Give em to somewhere else that needs those buses more.

The 67 which has spotty service should have more service since the 67 is another option for the 139. NJT made those people look stupid by creating those routes because those ppl along route 9 were two dumb to read the sch. correctly and to read the signs on the bus.

What im saying is kill that stupid freehold mall express. Howell has more then enough buses to run the 139 every 8 mins and if people read those signs it wouldnt have been a problem.

Route 9 is spoiled. Other NJT Routes suffer because of Howell. They already had enough buses then those CTs magically appeared at Howell, and got another service boost.

I know that boss. I worked on the 67 a couple times. Im saying its pointless running all those routes and they dont run during off peak hours which is pointless. On the weekends 139 service is shyt. Why have all those buses if you dont even use them. Give em to somewhere else that needs those buses more.

The 67 which has spotty service should have more service since the 67 is another option for the 139. NJT made those people look stupid by creating those routes because those ppl along route 9 were two dumb to read the sch. correctly and to read the signs on the bus.

What im saying is kill that stupid freehold mall express. Howell has more then enough buses to run the 139 every 8 mins and if people read those signs it wouldnt have been a problem.

Route 9 is spoiled. Other NJT Routes suffer because of Howell. They already had enough buses then those CTs magically appeared at Howell, and got another service boost.

OIC AGREED!!! like maybe SJ or takeover oceanride and store the buses there

You have to consider that Middlesex County is less transit-oriented than Staten Island: It is more spread out and, therefore, better suited for travel by car than by transit. As a result, most people own cars, and are unlikely to use them for local trips such as those (the marginal cost of driving is less than the cost of a transit fare)

Hopefully, Middlesex County (and the United States in general) will become more concentrated and more conducive to a transit-oriented environment. It is better to have somebody living in a smaller house (or apartment, but you have to accept that some people want to spread out a little bit) than to have them live in a big house, or a house in the middle of nowhere.

TRANSIT MORE expensive than driving???? are NJT fares that high??? The MCAT is a good laugh look at their schedule you will literally go WTF. here is a link for laughs http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/awts/communityshuttle.asp and here http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/Transportation/TransportationRouteLinkPage.aspx

and here http://ridewise.org/display.php?sc=PT

look at them plus I heard NJT funds them too

Interesting can you tell me this which regions do you believe suffer from rte 9 being spoiled??? Which rtes suffur the most??? 67 do u think it could turn to LTD stop on rte 9 if it had more service?? I have identified a few weaknesses in NJT's network though but which segments of the 139 have the highest ridership and lowest from which point to which??

Interesting can you tell me this which regions do you believe suffer from rte 9 being spoiled??? Which rtes suffur the most??? 67 do u think it could turn to LTD stop on rte 9 if it had more service?? I have identified a few weaknesses in NJT's network though but which segments of the 139 have the highest ridership and lowest from which point to which??

What the hell are you talking about? Please stop....because you are a jackass.

Archived