My wishlist for expansion (A Division)

tripleeye49

(1) Getty Square, Yonkers - South Ferry, Manhattan (tracks linked to (4), (5) tracks going to Brooklyn in such a way that (2)(3)(5) trains can run through South Ferry to Borough Hall without going through Bowling Green as (2) trains would do at times during the late night hours).

(2) 241st Street - Howard Beach, Queens (nights only to Grand Central) via Lexington Avenue Express / Central Bronx Express.

(3) Harlem - Howard Beach, Queens (All times, nights via local)

(4) E. 233rd Street / Jerome Avenue - Rockaway Park (via Flatbush Avenue Extension) (All Times, nights via Lexington Avenue Local)

(5) Dyre Avenue - Rockaway Park (late nights to Times Square) (via 7th Avenue Express / Central Bronx Local)

(7)(7x) Extended to Great Neck, L.I. in Queens and to the Meadowlands after stopping via the Javits Convention Center.

(11) Runs with (7) in Queens but would run south to 14th Street (Chelsea Piers)

Extending the Nostrand Avenue / Flatbush Avenue Line (4)(5) would also come with a shop somewhere between the Mall and the Rockaways)

I would have one service go downtown to 14th Street, and the other go into New Jersey to the Meadowlands, most likely the (7). Both lines would be packed.

One thing they should do now, I think is make the (2) Lexington Avenue and Bronx Express, and the (5) would be 7th Avenue Express / Bronx Local.

And since they talked about having the 3 run all night, they could just have these two routes run express to 42nd Street and let the (3)(4) run local to Brooklyn.

I would have one service go downtown to 14th Street, and the other go into New Jersey to the Meadowlands, most likely the (7). Both lines would be packed.

One thing they should do now, I think is make the (2) Lexington Avenue and Bronx Express, and the (5) would be 7th Avenue Express / Bronx Local.

And since they talked about having the 3 run all night, they could just have these two routes run express to 42nd Street and let the (3)(4) run local to Brooklyn.

If only these trains did go there. I'd spend all day on the subway.

But some crappy official made it clear that NYC subway lines are within the five Boroughs, and that lines like the (A) are limited to three boroughs tops.

Oh I see now.

How about just on heavily used lines?

- Andy

Well as far as the underground systems go, there is not enough clearance, and for the El, all the structures would have to be rebuilt. Have you ever been on an elevated platform when a train is passing? It feels like the whole thing could come down! But like I said, the idea is great, we just don't have the infrastructure. Thats why I think more bus routes need to be limited during rush to relieve pressure on some subway lines.

Well as far as the underground systems go, there is not enough clearance, and for the El, all the structures would have to be rebuilt. Have you ever been on an elevated platform when a train is passing? It feels like the whole thing could come down! But like I said, the idea is great, we just don't have the infrastructure. Thats why I think more bus routes need to be limited during rush to relieve pressure on some subway lines.

I used the bathroom at shea on the (7)(7x) (one of the only bathrooms in the whole system open to the public), and every time a train ran through (there was a line) i was like woah this is gonna fall down & kill mee ahhhhewgetagasrvdsdvresdsads. But yea, maybe when the el lines need replacing they will beef up the capacity by putting in 2 levels of tracks, even of one level was express only, sort of like the (A)(C)(E) in manhattan is now. One could be at the current height or a lil taller by a few feet, and one could be closer to the street. Would be interesting!

- Andy

I'd like to see the following extensions on the IRT:

(1) to West 262nd Street in Riverdale

(2) along Nostrand Avenue as far down as Shore Parkway, finally connecting with the (B)/(Q) at either Sheepshead Bay or Manhattan Beach

(3) elevated along University Avenue in the Bronx as far as Kingsbridge, and to the Howard Beach (A) station in Queens

(4) to 233rd Street in the Bronx and to New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn

(5) along Nostrand Avenue as far down as Shore Parkway, finally connecting with the (:D/(Q) at either Sheepshead Bay or Manhattan Beach

(6) to Co-Op City in the Bronx

(7) to Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens

• 4 weeks later...
(1) Getty Square, Yonkers - South Ferry, Manhattan (tracks linked to (4), (5) tracks going to Brooklyn in such a way that (2)(3)(5) trains can run through South Ferry to Borough Hall without going through Bowling Green as (2) trains would do at times during the late night hours).

(2) 241st Street - Howard Beach, Queens (nights only to Grand Central) via Lexington Avenue Express / Central Bronx Express.

(3) Harlem - Howard Beach, Queens (All times, nights via local)

(4) E. 233rd Street / Jerome Avenue - Rockaway Park (via Flatbush Avenue Extension) (All Times, nights via Lexington Avenue Local)

(5) Dyre Avenue - Rockaway Park (late nights to Times Square) (via 7th Avenue Express / Central Bronx Local)

(7)(7x) Extended to Great Neck, L.I. in Queens and to the Meadowlands after stopping via the Javits Convention Center.

(11) Runs with (7) in Queens but would run south to 14th Street (Chelsea Piers)

Extending the Nostrand Avenue / Flatbush Avenue Line (4)(5) would also come with a shop somewhere between the Mall and the Rockaways)

Those ideas are terrible. They do not make any sense whatsoever and it is not at all logical. For a more logical idea, why not put train tracks onto the Brooklyn Bridge to reduce congestion on both Willy and Manny B.

But back to your idea, it makes absolutely no sense. Who would want to ride a train from 233 St in the Bronx to Far Rockaway Queens, or would want to ride so nearer to the Kings Plaza Mall when there are five million bus routes to take you there.

The reason that there are so many limited bus routes in the five Boroughs is to reduce the crowding on the trains and put those extra customers onto the buses. The ideas that you installed are bad only because they are incredibly long. Don't bother writing to Transit with these ideas. They would only laugh at your findings and throw the letter in the trash.

I used the bathroom at shea on the (7)(7x) (one of the only bathrooms in the whole system open to the public), and every time a train ran through (there was a line) i was like woah this is gonna fall down & kill mee ahhhhewgetagasrvdsdvresdsads. But yea, maybe when the el lines need replacing they will beef up the capacity by putting in 2 levels of tracks, even of one level was express only, sort of like the (A)(C)(E) in manhattan is now. One could be at the current height or a lil taller by a few feet, and one could be closer to the street. Would be interesting!

- Andy

Actually, the Third Avenue El in Manhattan had something like that. Express on the upper level, local on the lower level... for the express stations, at least. And 111th St on the (7).

And to the above post, I totally agree. Those lines are just too long. You have T/O and conductor fatigue to think about. Anything longer than the current (A) is simply not feasible. Besides, the (A) already goes to the Rockaways- no need to add more trains there.

Archived