7 train Shuttle

CPBO

I will be driving on the 7 train shuttle at Main Street.....nobody out bus fanning?? that place was crazy yesterday.....buses full....I mean slammed......So go out Cait....and get us some bus pics..... should be all sorts of buses from CNG, to Diesel, to hybrid......see you people out on the street..........

I will be driving on the 7 train shuttle at Main Street?....nobody out bus fanning?? that place was crazy yesterday.....buses full....I mean slammed......So go out Cait....and get us some bus pics..... should be all sorts of buses from CNG, to Diesel, to hybrid......see you people out on the street..........

I was there yesterday... saw plenty of buses, no pics, unfortunately. One MTA Bus Co bus, maybe more.

Every bus was full, but it's somewhat ironic that the Q48 which serves both points was relatively empty. Constant garbled broadcasts via the radio on the northbound Q17 announcing the shuttle busing. More traffic cops are needed, 2 isn't enough. Not many confused passengers, signage was pretty clear.

I rode it last week...i find it amazing how 2 blocks were filled with nothing but buses and yet somehow every bus was managed to be packed to the max...

idk bout this week, but last week stengel LGA and college point were covering it..mostly stengel, a few hybrids from LGA and like 1 o5CNG from CP lol

I will be driving on the 7 train shuttle at Main Street?....nobody out bus fanning?? that place was crazy yesterday.....buses full....I mean slammed......So go out Cait....and get us some bus pics..... should be all sorts of buses from CNG, to Diesel, to hybrid......see you people out on the street..........

I'll be out there today, heh I hate when they do that shuttle for that very reason, the buses are SLAMMED with people

I rode it last week...i find it amazing how 2 blocks were filled with nothing but buses and yet somehow every bus was managed to be packed to the max...

I only saw 3-5 buses loading at a time on Roosevelt. Remember, you're shuttling almost 37,000 riders per Saturday and nearly 28,500 per Sunday. This is similar to 86th St (4)(5)(6). Would the MTA ever bus that? NO!

I was there yesterday... saw plenty of buses, no pics, unfortunately. One MTA Bus Co bus, maybe more.

Every bus was full, but it's somewhat ironic that the Q48 which serves both points was relatively empty. Constant garbled broadcasts via the radio on the northbound Q17 announcing the shuttle busing. More traffic cops are needed, 2 isn't enough. Not many confused passengers, signage was pretty clear.

Yes 2 is not enough.....but they never do anything right...always cutting corners....all those people running against the light.....it is like come on....3 min to wait is not going to kill u.....jay walking will!!

Yes 2 is not enough.....but they never do anything right...always cutting corners....all those people running against the light.....it is like come on....3 min to wait is not going to kill u.....jay walking will!!

Did you see the NYPD van of traffic agents parked east of Main St? There was always 1 in there resting while the other 2 worked.

The agents weren't really there to control pedestrians, but to give the shuttle buses a bit of a signal priority. The traffic wasn't as bad as a normal weekend, IMO.

Also, as the B/O, were you given instructions on what sign to use? All I saw were "Subway Shuttle" and "Shuttle", even though I know that "(7) Main St" and "(7) Willets Pt" are programmed.

Did you see the NYPD van of traffic agents parked east of Main St? There was always 1 in there resting while the other 2 worked.

The agents weren't really there to control pedestrians, but to give the shuttle buses a bit of a signal priority. The traffic wasn't as bad as a normal weekend, IMO.

Also, as the B/O, were you given instructions on what sign to use? All I saw were "Subway Shuttle" and "Shuttle", even though I know that "(7) Main St" and "(7) Willets Pt" are programmed.

Yae I seen a sheet with directions and all....it was all layed out for you.....it is easier to just program Shuttle and forget.....

Still a rough G.O. for the weekend. Hope they don't have anything planned for Easter weekend, when people are going to see family here.

Nothing next weekend, busing April 16-17, then nothing for a month before another weekend of busing May 14-15. The extra hour of express service will resume May 16.

"Nothing" doesn't mean no one-way express runs, though.

I know, last time they did the shuttle buses they started on Roosevelt Avenue, then went straight down across the bridge and end at Willets Point on the same side of the street. It took only about 2 minutes. The buses then went back to Main St, Terminated on the other side of the street and looped around back.

This time, They start on the same side they terminate. The buses go up, make a left on Main St, then make another left turn through a highly trafficed area which usually takes about 4 minutes. Then it makes a 3rd left turn, then a right onto Roosevelt Avenue and getting from Main St-Willets point in about 7-8 minutes rather than 2 like the last time.

I don't understand why they didn't set it up like the last time, It was much faster.

I will be driving on the 7 train shuttle at Main Street.....nobody out bus fanning?? that place was crazy yesterday.....buses full....I mean slammed......So go out Cait....and get us some bus pics..... should be all sorts of buses from CNG, to Diesel, to hybrid......see you people out on the street..........

I didnt even see this post, damn. I would've came out if I saw this B)

I know, last time they did the shuttle buses they started on Roosevelt Avenue, then went straight down across the bridge and end at Willets Point on the same side of the street. It took only about 2 minutes. The buses then went back to Main St, Terminated on the other side of the street and looped around back.

This time, They start on the same side they terminate. The buses go up, make a left on Main St, then make another left turn through a highly trafficed area which usually takes about 4 minutes. Then it makes a 3rd left turn, then a right onto Roosevelt Avenue and getting from Main St-Willets point in about 7-8 minutes rather than 2 like the last time.

I don't understand why they didn't set it up like the last time, It was much faster.

Unloading is much more easier with the way they set things up this time, they drop people off on Roosevelt and Prince streets and just get back to picking up on Roosevelt Avenue just ahead, last time they just dropped people off on Main and had to maybe create more traffic along the street when the buses lined up. Better off the way it is now actually

Went today after 6pm. All i saw was Orions....... No NovaBuses.. Unless there was one.

It was fun to be out driving in this easy shuttle.....I did only 3hrs of it.....I dont know how guys could do 8-9 hrs......I was getting bored after 3.......Cait you gotta be up on the scoupe..........so nobody took any pictures?

Archived