Bleeker Street Reconstruction

Theres always the option of taking the (N) or (R) to 14th and taking the (6) one stop down. Only problem is.. The Crowd at 14th Street.

I would suggest anyone stay AWAY from Union Sq if they don't have to travel directly there....

...inside or outside of the (subway) system..

The difference b/w 8th st on the broadway line & astor pl. on the lex is negligible - if you're talking about walking b/w the two stations... Have the poor guy backtrack from 14th st, and that alone'll give him a reason to quit his summer program...

@via g-I'm curious, did You take classes at NYU that you are referring to? I'm considering applying there, want to know if you have any good experiences there. Its proly too expensive anyway for me, but what the hell.

I've been dapping a bit at NYU. I went to a tour last year because I am considering doing grad school there for CSD (Communicative Sciences and Disorders) aka Speech Pathology. I have an internship lined up, but it is just a matter of when I want to start, this way I can get some hands on experience in the field. The problem is if and when I do apply to grad. school I will have to quit my job basically because it is basically a full time sort of set-up, so that's another reason why I'm not doing anything yet.

I had to sit back at the tuition... A cool $80,000 at least for 2 1/2 to 3 years and they claim they give financial aid... LOL I'm also considering Columbia because they have a Spanish version of CSD too, which would allow me to be paid even more as a Speech Pathologist since there is a shortage in the field.

If you're interested in taking courses there they do have free general tours as well as free information sessions in the field that you're interested in. Check on their website if you're interested. :cool:

I would suggest anyone stay AWAY from Union Sq if they don't have to travel directly there....

...inside or outside of the (subway) system..

The difference b/w 8th st on the broadway line & astor pl. on the lex is negligible - if you're talking about walking b/w the two stations... Have the poor guy backtrack from 14th st, and that alone'll give him a reason to quit his summer program...

The first time I went to Cooper Union, it was for the public hearing, so I took the (4) to the (6). The next time I went, I decided that it would be quicker to take the (R), and you're right: It is only about 2 blocks extra, so I saved about about 5-10 minutes (not to mention the distance to Bowling Green from the ferry terminal is already a few blocks, so I'm not saving anything by going to Astor Place.

I checked on Google Transit, and it says that taking the ferry is quicker coming home. I'd be leaving around 3:30 PM, so it would take around 15-20 minutes to get to Whitehall Street, leaving me enough time to catch the ferry.

If I think that I'll miss the ferry, I'll probably stay on the (R) until Bay Ridge, which is enough time to get the first 4:30 PM S93 from 86th Street.

The first time I went to Cooper Union, it was for the public hearing, so I took the (4) to the (6). The next time I went, I decided that it would be quicker to take the (R), and you're right: It is only about 2 blocks extra, so I saved about about 5-10 minutes (not to mention the distance to Bowling Green from the ferry terminal is already a few blocks, so I'm not saving anything by going to Astor Place.

I checked on Google Transit, and it says that taking the ferry is quicker coming home. I'd be leaving around 3:30 PM, so it would take around 15-20 minutes to get to Whitehall Street, leaving me enough time to catch the ferry.

If I think that I'll miss the ferry, I'll probably stay on the (R) until Bay Ridge, which is enough time to get the first 4:30 PM S93 from 86th Street.

I love how they make you feel so confident about ferry service. I can't tell you how many times I've arrived during rush hour to the ferry and heard this... "Due to mechanical failure, the 05:30 boat is cancelled." The next boat is 05:50. 05:50 comes and there's no boat, and then the next boat comes in when another boat is due and the whole thing is a mess. You arrive on the other side and of course you've missed the limited stop bus, so now everyone piles on to the next set of buses. In some cases, I've missed the last (S98) because of that stupid boat. :mad: My advice, take the (N) and® over to the (S93) if you can't take the express bus. Since it is rush hour, the (R) should run a little bit better at the time, so the wait shouldn't be too bad from the (N) there at 59th.

Theres always the option of taking the (N) or (R) to 14th and taking the (6) one stop down. Only problem is.. The Crowd at 14th Street.

Getting on a downtown (6) is not that easy from Union Sq, considering there's only 5 stops after. The transfer is a short walk through a crowd in itself (he'd likely be accompanied by music though) but waiting on the downtown Lex Av platform is not worth the saved time at all.

Trust me… the ride through lower Manhattan is very slow, especially since the tracks are very curvy down there. That alone is the sole reason people take the (N). It's not even about 4 Avenue.

Some romeo move once they get to 4th av. Train actually spends roughly 30 mins in each boro, but the first and last thirds are definitely quicker then the middle. Throw in that it goes through the slowest and most timed river tube (cant even get to 40 s/b and timed end to end n/;) save the Steinway.

Archived