1995 Orion Vs

SIR North Shore

The best Orion V fleet was at Casey Stengel!!!! Their 600s are sounding good and clean!!!! I LOVED their 1993-1006 Orion Vs!!! That depot was the Orion V depot untill the OGs started arriving. When they arrived they started transferring the Orion Vs to other depots and scraping them!!!! Those 6000 series sound AWESOME. Go out to CS and get some taste of Detroit Diesel Series 50!!! :tup::tup:

Casey Stengel... Yes, of course... :(

Staten Island maintainers have a history of not touching buses on straight time. If the shift is 6:00AM-2:00PM, they just sit around for 8 hours and won't touch anything until 2:01PM to get another 8 hours pay (at time-and-a-half, of course). This has gone on for so long that it's now an official "past practice" which must be preserved at all costs.

agreed...Staten Island maintenance is a known joke around the whole system. but oddly enough their union representation is strong...I've heard stories of them burning cars in front of owners. maybe that plays a part in them not really doing shit for 8hrs...

The 6200s get swapped in and out the depot alot.

the hills might have a lot to do with the conditions of KB's buses. The NGs have a weird sound effect as well and I haven't really noticed on other depots buses. Especially when going uphill. The Artics need to be replaced, they're beat to death.

That was my point the harsh winter we had on the days it was bad you wouldn't even see an NG on the 18 b\c they would be on the 3 or 7.And it's very rare to see the BX18 with a few Orion V's just as its rare to see the BX3 with all NG.Days it snowed the 18 ran exclusively 05's b\c the hills.

I think you should check out their fleet, they look and ride much better than Casey Stengel's Orion Vs.

Oh, F*CK!!! I got mixed up with West Farms Depot and Gun Hill Depot!!! Yes, Gun Hill has a good Orion V fleet and I think they have my favorite one - 6257

West Farms was the depot I was thinking about. Yeah, West Farms shouldn't get any old buses!!! :(:o:o

Oh, F*CK!!! I got mixed up with West Farms Depot and Gun Hill Depot!!! Yes, Gun Hill has a good Orion V fleet and I think they have my favorite one - 6257

West Farms was the depot I was thinking about. Yeah, West Farms shouldn't get any old buses!!! :P:o:o

I think thats a KB bus.A lot of the 62xx are KB.I've seen this bus roam the 3 a lot and occasionally the 18.

Correct, 6257 is a KB bus. West Farms has a slight mix of Orion Vs in the 60xx range and a few 61s. Their worst batch of 62s went to Yukon....and got fixed up nice!

you live no where near cs!!! I live close to cs so i actually know!!!!! You live near trashy depots according to this thread.

Now now, let's not get protective over our beloved Casey Stengel... LOL Anywho, I live nowhere near a depot, nor would I want to. Castleton Depot is in Port Richmond, which is not in my neighbourhood but that's the closest depot to me and yes it is rather old and in need of serious TLC. Actually they should just tear down the whole thing and build it from scratch. I'm sure the area would benefit from a new building seeing that most of everything is run down over there.

I photographed 6257 at Bedford Park Blvd. on the Bx10 last Thursday - it looked pretty good.

Yea they look good and perform good just in the harsh inclement weather they get beat.But all vehicles do.

Correct, 6257 is a KB bus. West Farms has a slight mix of Orion Vs in the 60xx range and a few 61s. Their worst batch of 62s went to Yukon....and got fixed up nice!

Thanks and yea I saw 6xx bus on the BX36.

Got a shot of 6257 a few months ago

DSCI0428.jpg

The NOVAS has Crappy AC/ If you ride in the back THERE IS NO AC! Its a piss poor design. The Prevost mechanics at Castleton said that the blower motor is up in the front of the bus and that its not strong enough to blow to the rear. They need a set up like on the MCI's blowers in the middle of the bus pushing to both ends.

I actually caught an S54 last night that was practically empty. In the front the A/C was fine, but as you said there is NO air in the back. Horrible design indeed.

Archived