What your favorite donut/coffee and snack place to eat?

Shortline Bus

Favorite snack? 6th Ave (or was it 5th Ave) and 53rd Street Halal combo meal.

Favorite chain spot? Doesn't really matter to me.

That fine. My bad sorry guys. I meant to ask where you favorite place to get a donut/snack or coffee? Trying to avoid the endless chat of hamburgers pizza and chicken again.

I don't eat at any real "fast food place". I do frequent a "chain" but it's an organic upscale chain from Brussels (Belgium), called "Le Pain Quotidien". It's pricey since everything is organic or natural, but worth it. The focus is on providing quality natural ingredients. They sell many healthy options, but they have plenty of snacks as well. They have Belgian waffles which are amazing and are imported directly from Belgium, as well as other tasty marmalades and spreads, also direct from Belgium. Their bread is also amazing, and is made daily on site, especially the "flute" a bread with raisins and hazelnuts, which goes great with their "Blondie", a white chocolate spread. Aside from these tasty treats, my favourite goodies there are the pistachio tart, the Belgian brownie, and their big chocolate chip cookie. Personally my favourite location is there by Bryant Park. The coffee is amazing. Do try their iced double shot cappuccino in the summertime. Can't go wrong. :cool:

Their tartines are also great, especially the tuna tartine w/white beans and hummus, along with the egg and anchovies tartine.

They even have organic wines, which I drink like crazy. Some are from California like the Riesling and then the rest are from France or Italy. :cool:

Cool. So where in the city is this "Le Pain Qutiden'? Sounds that their waffles are yummy?:cool:

I don't eat at any real "fast food place". I do frequent a "chain" but it's an organic upscale chain from Brussels (Belgium), called "Le Pain Quotidien". It's pricey since everything is organic or natural, but worth it. The focus is on providing quality natural ingredients. They sell many healthy options, but they have plenty of snacks as well. They have Belgian waffles which are amazing and are imported directly from Belgium, as well as other tasty marmalades and spreads, also direct from Belgium. Their bread is also amazing, and is made daily on site, especially the "flute" a bread with raisins and hazelnuts, which goes great with their "Blondie", a white chocolate spread. Aside from these tasty treats, my favourite goodies there are the pistachio tart, the Belgian brownie, and their big chocolate chip cookie. Personally my favourite location is there by Bryant Park. The coffee is amazing. Do try their iced double shot cappuccino in the summertime. Can't go wrong. :cool:

Their tartines are also great, especially the tuna tartine w/white beans and hummus, along with the egg and anchovies tartine.

They even have organic wines, which I drink like crazy. Some are from California like the Riesling and then the rest are from France or Italy. :cool:

Cool. So where in the city is this "Le Pain Qutiden'? Sounds that their waffles are yummy?:cool:

It's a chain so they have locations all over Manhattan. Some locations are better than other though. I believe they even have locations in Conneticut and going towards upstate too. :cool:

Here is their website:

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/

I also frequent another natural food chain called "Pret a Manger" which is an English company. They make everything fresh either organic or natural only. Can't speak for their coffees or pastries, but their sandwiches and yogurt and fruits are good. I haven't had anything bad there yet. I only get stuff there when I want to have lunch in Bryant Park though, so usually just during the warmer months since it's close to my office.

Here i'll play...

The big & toasty from dunkin D's is pretty awsome especially the DD on rt 9 in poughkeepsie right before hackensack road, I got hooked on the big & toasty. But now they cancelled it. So i'm back to the bodega egg & bacon sands, with a yoohoo or a water, a pack of $7 newport lights and maybe the post of i have time to read.

It's a chain so they have locations all over Manhattan. Some locations are better than other though. I believe they even have locations in Conneticut and going towards upstate too. :cool:

Here is their website:

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/

Hey. At least i have an option to the 'boring' Denny's or IHOP for reasonable priced waffles/pancakes. Or Dunkin Donuts as well.:eek:

Archived