what the hell is the 510????

qjtransitmaster

Its the 316 variant to provide extra service for the summer to help with crowds on the 319/552. It was called the 316 but renamed to the 510 so people wont get confused with the Phila bound 316. Its summer only dont get any ideas it will be gone the day after labor day. Its a local only route hense "510"

Its the 316 variant to provide extra service for the summer to help with crowds on the 319/552. It was called the 316 but renamed to the 510 so people wont get confused with the Phila bound 316. Its summer only dont get any ideas it will be gone the day after labor day. Its a local only route hense "510"

Why do they even bother with a stupid local bus at all especially if it is a copycat of the 552 !!!! here is a better idea add 315 trips instead.

Why do they even bother with a stupid local bus at all especially if it is a copycat of the 552 !!!! here is a better idea add 315 trips instead.

315 is longer than 552 which means added cost. Unless you want 315 short turns...

315 is longer than 552 which means added cost. Unless you want 315 short turns...

have it run a streamlined route bypassing the islands via rte 9 or going non stop from mays landing may work out better. If the 315 lost the sea isle city segment and let 319 serve that area alone with better service then the 315 will shave off 1 hour bringing the rte down to just 2 hours. 313 can shave off 30 mins to an hour or more by having additional service but these trips will not serve woodbine or rte 47 they can remain on rte 55 with 2 stops millville and vineland where that college is to link with 553. The streamlined rte means shorter travel time

There will be training going on this Wednesday in Wildwood and Cape May for the selected drivers from Newton Ave and Washington Twp for the 510

Isn't it not a new route, but just a renumbering?

Egg Harbor drivers dont need to be trained for it. Washington Twp & Newton Av drivers do since they only see Wildwood-Cape May in the summer. The 510 is Villas/Cape May - Wildwood. We know the route since its a wash off of the 552; its Wash. Twp and Newton Av that needs training for the 510.

The ony other time Wash.Twp sees cape may is via the 313/315.

So why do drivers have to be trained for it? Those who drove those short turns can drive the new 510, unless there was a reroute....

Because there are drivers from Newton Ave who haven't even been to Wildwood or even did the 316 local

Will you just cut the crap. Its a 552 variant. They dont even have enough drivers for the run so where the hell do you expect to get drivers from for another route via 55 to Rowen U camden/phila. Rowen U is out for the summer there is no demand except for the 313 for the local peeps.

Will you just cut the crap. Its a 552 variant. They dont even have enough drivers for the run so where the hell do you expect to get drivers from for another route via 55 to Rowen U camden/phila. Rowen U is out for the summer there is no demand except for the 313 for the local peeps.

sorry vineland is better. So your saying the real reason for the 316 and 313 service levels is lack of drivers???? why is that??

heck why not add 552 trips instead of this knockoff 510

In response to qjtransitmaster:

Then 510 technically has been around for a while, they're just simply rebranding an existing route and changing up runs. If there wasn't problems with this "510" before there isn't going to be any down the road just for it having a new number.

Then 510 technically has been around for a while, they're just simply rebranding an existing route and changing up runs. If there wasn't problems with this "510" before there isn't going to be any down the road just for it having a new number.

The only problem we just dont have enough drivers. Newton Av & Wash. Twp runs have been adjusted to do PHL-Cape May then Cape May-via Villas-Wildwood(RT) then Cape May-PHL.

The only difference this year is all the Newton Ave and Washington Twp. drivers that do the 316, have to do the 510 in their runs as well. None of the Egg Harbor drivers are doing the 510, only the 316 in their runs.

how many drivers are needed to provide adequate service levels???? For 313 and 316 and 315???

How many drivers???

If I were an NJT b/o, I would be offended at that...

Were you expecting 553Bridgeton to give you an exact number? There are some boundaries you don't cross.... you can sit there & ask about routes until you're blue in the face, but when someone on the outside starts asking about personnel on the inside TO someone on the inside, that's on a whole 'nother level.... You tell me wtf that would have to do with any bus routing PLANS any tom, d**k, and harry conjures up.....

That's like goin to a job interview & askin some BS like "how many people do you need to hire to have this business working as efficiently & productively as possible ?"

Here... or better yet, "how many drivers are in this particular depot/garage & how many more are needed to fulfill every run on every route that runs out of this depot/garage".....

I could never see myself askin a b/o how many drivers there are in a certain depot.... or how many drivers are needed to complete a certain job... That is none of our business.... You're getting too comfortable in askin these questions, and quite frankly I think someone needs to put a stop to it.....

In all my years of posting on transit forums, I've never heard anyone ask an invasive question like that out in the open.... not even the biggest foamer around at the time (that's not where his mind would be at anyway)....

I hope a mod sees this... Somethin is definitely up with you, all jokes, insults, and all the other side shit aside.....

You've gone too god damn far with this shit now.

How many drivers???

If I were an NJT b/o, I would be offended at that...

Were you expecting 553Bridgeton to give you an exact number? There are some boundaries you don't cross.... you can sit there & ask about routes until you're blue in the face, but when someone on the outside starts asking about personnel on the inside TO someone on the inside, that's on a whole 'nother level.... You tell me wtf that would have to do with any bus routing PLANS any tom, d**k, and harry conjures up.....

That's like goin to a job interview & askin some BS like "how many people do you need to hire to have this business working as efficiently & productively as possible ?"

Here... or better yet, "how many drivers are in this particular depot/garage & how many more are needed to fulfill every run on every route that runs out of this depot/garage".....

I could never see myself askin a b/o how many drivers there are in a certain depot.... or how many drivers are needed to complete a certain job... That is none of our business.... You're getting too comfortable in askin these questions, and quite frankly I think someone needs to put a stop to it.....

In all my years of posting on transit forums, I've never heard anyone ask an invasive question like that out in the open.... not even the biggest foamer around at the time (that's not where his mind would be at anyway)....

I hope a mod sees this... Somethin is definitely up with you, all jokes, insults, and all the other side shit aside.....

You've gone too god damn far with this shit now.

ok I didn't mean any insults by it. I just wanted to solve the problem with 313/315/316 part in SJ plan

Archived