test 8098

shatike

i heard a rumor from my friend today that the union is trying to get the next contract to include ways to get the people who were laid off to fill the train operator/conductor slots rather than hire us. does anyone know the validity of this statement?

That can happen.

i heard a rumor from my friend today that the union is trying to get the next contract to include ways to get the people who were laid off to fill the train operator/conductor slots rather than hire us. does anyone know the validity of this statement?

Who ever told you that is talking a bunch of bs . That will never

Happen as a matter of fact that is not legal . Besides there aren't many people left that

Were laid off they were rehired back to their former title

Who ever told you that is talking a bunch of bs . That will never

Happen as a matter of fact that is not legal . Besides there aren't many people left that

Were laid off they were rehired back to their former title

thats the exact answer i wanted to hear lol. they're talking about mass layoffs at the post office and i have little seniority (last one hired, first one fired). while still improbable because it has to be approved by Congress (democratic senate AND president), it's still cause for worry. is there a specific law that you can point to, to ease my mind? i know the one that says if they freeze hiring because of a financial situation, they must freeze the clock on the list. but is there one like you said, which makes rehiring those laid off and placed into the train operator position illegal?

thats the exact answer i wanted to hear lol. they're talking about mass layoffs at the post office and i have little seniority (last one hired, first one fired). while still improbable because it has to be approved by Congress (democratic senate AND president), it's still cause for worry. is there a specific law that you can point to, to ease my mind? i know the one that says if they freeze hiring because of a financial situation, they must freeze the clock on the list. but is there one like you said, which makes rehiring those laid off and placed into the train operator position illegal?

Yes it's in the civil service law . They cannot rehire someone and assign them to a higher

Title. Besides all the mta workers that were laid off were offered a job already either. Cleaner or sa position. So who are they gonna hire if there is no one left ????

I have a list number in the mid 500s. Im torn I dont live in NYC but am pretty familiar with family living there.. on the test i got JFK Airport wrong I put Brooklyn DOHHHH so I would assume getting that right i would be down in the 200s. But the other Geography questions like Hunter College and a couple others I literally guessed and got them right if I got those wrong I could be in the 1000s so I shouldnt complain but I cant wait to get called im SICKKKKKK of my job and need a serious change.

Didn't they give you a map on the exam or there was none? On the conductor exam, they had a map so it was hard to get those questions wrong.

No on the T/O Exam we didnt have a map. I remember lookn at those geography questions because up until then on the exam i was confident then I was like OH OH haha. I remember JFK..Shea Stadium..Hunters College..Musuem Nat History and the Statue of Liberty the 2 I literally guessed on where Hunters and the Musuem which the answers werent a given like 2 way out of whack and 2 reasonable. I knew Shea and Statue of liberty whew even those 2 I guessed on if I got those wrong my number would prob double so Ill take the mid 500s haha

• 2 months later...

Archived