Service change on the IRT

chrisliz09

they was a man hole fire so that probably means the primary and reserve powers are down........they said athey were bringing in generators so thats gona be a while till they connect em to the signal power
con ed said it can be a long time it was a pretty big fire

I was about to say "not important" until I read this.

facepalm.jpg

Anyway...

needless to say, this stinks.

My mother is going to blow a gasket or something...

Granted, there are bus alternatives people in downtown Brooklyn can use, but aside from the B41 or such, how many might think of that?

Maybe I should get around to calling my mom and warning her, lol

@Chrisliz: do you or Con Ed have a time frame? Just curious...

EDIT: Update, as of 5:38 P.M., (MTA)'s site says the trains are apparently running again with delays.

facepalm.jpg

Anyway...

needless to say, this stinks.

My mother is going to blow a gasket or something...

Granted, there are bus alternatives people in downtown Brooklyn can use, but aside from the B41 or such, how many might think of that?

Maybe I should get around to calling my mom and warning her, lol

@Chrisliz: do you or Con Ed have a time frame? Just curious...

im not getting much on time frame, they said its a major problem and its a lot of damage too fix there, funny they arent saying the full story the LIRR is haven power problems too out of atlantic ave

im not getting much on time frame, they said its a major problem and its a lot of damage too fix there, funny they arent saying the full story the LIRR is haven power problems too out of atlantic ave

(MTA)'s site the trains are apparently up and running again...

<Image>
Apparently, you missed the point. The OP posted "no service in brooklyn due too signal problems at atlantic ave no (2)(3)(4)(5)". I was going to say what I intended to post because signal problems are NOTHING NEW or RARE. I checked the MTA website after looking at this thread, hence, why I posted this link.

@chrisliz09: My apologies for making that remark.

Apparently, you missed the point. The OP posted "no service in brooklyn due too signal problems at atlantic ave no (2)(3)(4)(5)". I was going to say what I intended to post because signal problems are NOTHING NEW or RARE. I checked the MTA website after looking at this thread, hence, why I posted this link.

@chrisliz09: My apologies for making that remark.

np i got what you posted

I guess I did. Seems like signal problems caused by fires are more important than signal fires. Or something.

Hopefully this problem won't persist during the summer :tdown:

It was pretty chaotic on the (2)(3)(4)(5)- At Brooklyn Bridge, the platforms were dangerously crowded, and at Atlantic Ave, there were TD Cops who did not know how to guide the passengers. It did not help that (A)(C) service was rerouted at the same time.

yea its some service now but they are not sending normal service there yet some (2)s arent going too bk and limited (4) trains and theres no (5) too bk

The (5)'s started rolling around the time you made this post.At least Manhattan bound anyway

It was pretty chaotic on the (2)(3)(4)(5)- At Brooklyn Bridge, the platforms were dangerously crowded, and at Atlantic Ave, there were TD Cops who did not know how to guide the passengers. It did not help that (A)(C) service was rerouted at the same time.
it all went too hell today the (A)(C) was out and the (N)(Q) had problems but i was at 42nd st and no cared too look or pay any attention too the PA CIS it kept saying due too signal problems at atlantic ave there are no (2)(3) trains too bk or (4)(5) trains it also told us about the (N) and (Q) train delays andthe (A)(C) it said it all but no one cared they just stayed on i knew what too do and got home wile others maybe still down there lol

Interestingly enough at Franklin Ave the Countdown clocks were off but the announcements were functional even though there were trains coming in and out.I wonder if they turned them off so to guide people away from the station.

Interestingly enough at Franklin Ave the Countdown clocks were off but the announcements were functional even though there were trains coming in and out.I wonder if they turned them off so to guide people away from the station.
or maybe it was no reason too have them online at some spots

Perhaps this would have been a good time to do an emergency extension of the (J)/(Z) to Prospect Park to handle the excess passengers from the (2)/(3)/(4)/(5) at Brooklyn Bridge and Fulton Street, especially with the (A)/© having its problems at the same time. That would have allowed those passengers to use 7th Avenue if they normally go to Grand Army Plaza and after a transfer to the (S) at Prospect Park, Botanic Garden if they normally use the Franklin Avenue (2)/(3)/(4)/(5) station.

It might have inconvenienced those who take the (:P/(Q), but this was a special situation

Archived