Lost my 30-Day Unlimited on a B12 bus

Luis1985

Here's are 2 questions that i need someone to answer asap:

I was on RTS 9051 on ENY Depot's ENY-Alabama Av bound B12 bus, departing at 23:53 from the corner of Parkside Av & Ocean Av, and when i got on the bus, i inserted my metrocard into the metrocard slot, but the metrocard never came back out. (it basically got stuck in the slot.)

i have the farebox number and the bus driver's ID along with the route, the time the bus pulled out of the stop and its destination. If i were to call ENY depot to inform them about my metrocard being stuck in the slot:

1. will they pull it out of the slot themselves and give it back to me? and

2. is there a way for me to get the telephone number to ENY depot at this time to inform them directly w/o having to deal with the whole MTA Metrocard crap?

When your MetroCard didn't come out of farebox, you should have asked that b/o to indicate your MetroCard got stuck.

I have seen many passengers on both MTA and Bee-Line, farebox eats MetroCard and ended up with paper transfer.

They always ask b/o that his/her MetroCard is stuck.

If you bought your 30-Day MetroCard with cash, no refund and it is not protected, unless you bought with credit/atm/debit card.

If your 30-Day MetroCard was part of Easy Pay 30-Day Unlimited MetroCard that requries two credit/atm/debit cards, your card will be replaced.

I suggest you should call MetroCard hotline or if you see MetroCard mobile as well.

When your MetroCard didn't come out of farebox, you should have asked that b/o to indicate your MetroCard got stuck.

I have seen many passengers on both MTA and Bee-Line, farebox eats MetroCard and ended up with paper transfer.

They always ask b/o that his/her MetroCard is stuck.

If you bought your 30-Day MetroCard with cash, no refund and it is not protected, unless you bought with credit/atm/debit card.

If your 30-Day MetroCard was part of Easy Pay 30-Day Unlimited MetroCard that requries two credit/atm/debit cards, your card will be replaced.

I suggest you should call MetroCard hotline or if you see MetroCard mobile as well.

yea i told him that, but the farebox got messed up cuz he couldnt even pull out transfers or nothing. it was completely jamed up.

That's exactly why I use my Amex when buying my Metrocards and make sure that I keep my receipts. I bought two Unlimited Express Bus Plus cards tonight, as my other Unlimited Express Bus Plus Card expires after each Wednesday. If you use a credit or debit card, you could report the Metrocard as lost and they would give a pro-rated refund on your debit or credit card for the time that hasn't been used in a few days rather than waiting months for them to replace it.

If you paid cash for it, you may very well be sh*t out of luck, even with all of the info that you have. In any event, you need to move as quickly as possible because you will already lose today as it will count towards your 30 days pass, so if you can't get in touch with the depot, call the (MTA) Metrocard line ASAP today and call them early before they close, otherwise, you would lose another day tomorrow as well.

guys, disreguard. my friend who works as a bus driver for Grand Av depot took a trip to ENY depot to see if RTS 9051 was at the depot. turns out it was, and, he asked the dispatcher at ENY depot if he had permission to open the farebox sliding door on RTS 9051. the dispatcher @ ENY Depot said ok. so when he got inside RTS 9051, he opened the sliding door to the fare box. from there he saw that my metrocard was still in there. so when he took it out, he tested it on another bus (orion VII Hybrid 6588), and turns out that it was my actual 30 Day Unlimited metrocard that expires on 8/8/11. after he saw that it was mine, he brought it to me at my house. (what an awesome friend he is!! a really good and responsible guy too.)

p.s. he also said that the dispatcher at ENY told him that the driver who drove RTS 9051 got a violation for not bringing the bus into the depot before changing buses. lol. (i feel bad cuz he tried to get the card out for me, but u shouldve brought the bus in homie, lol.)

guys, disreguard. my friend who works as a bus driver for Grand Av depot took a trip to ENY depot to see if RTS 9051 was at the depot. turns out it was, and, he asked the dispatcher at ENY depot if he had permission to open the farebox sliding door on RTS 9051. the dispatcher @ ENY Depot said ok. so when he got inside RTS 9051, he opened the sliding door to the fare box. from there he saw that my metrocard was still in there. so when he took it out, he tested it on another bus (orion VII Hybrid 6588), and turns out that it was my actual 30 Day Unlimited metrocard that expires on 8/8/11. after he saw that it was mine, he brought it to me at my house. (what an awesome friend he is!! a really good and responsible guy too.)

p.s. he also said that the dispatcher at ENY told him that the driver who drove RTS 9051 got a violation for not bringing the bus into the depot before changing buses. lol. (i feel bad cuz he tried to get the card out for me, but u shouldve brought the bus in homie, lol.)

EE, you miss this. Grand Av B/O went to ENY to get permission and Grand Av B/O return MetroCard to him.

Luis1985, as a monthly bus pass holder and user, I'm sorry to read that you lost your Monthly Unlimited and on a B12 bus. I wish you well, my friend.

EE, you miss this. Grand Av B/O went to ENY to get permission and Grand Av B/O return MetroCard to him.

Yeah EE, Luis ended up getting his Unlimited Metrocard back! It's great your story has a happy ending!

Archived