MNR/CDOT Fares to Increase this Fall

mark1447

MTA already taxes the bejesus out of people in the surrounding areas.

In 2009, because I live in one of the counties Metro North operates in (Dutchess) my drivers license renewal fee increased, my vehicle registration fees increased and almost every business in my area has to pay .34 per $100 tax on pay roll, including schools. Because of this my school taxes when up so they could pay their share to the MTA.

Why should someone that doesn't ride the trains have to pay for someone that does?

well that is why the bus system should improve so that you do end up using it!!!! eventually for travel to putnam and westchester counties. Several bus rtes that connect to the train stations ARE TIMED with metro-north trains well beyond just rush hour. If extended to cover more of the county dutchess will be able to use their limited resources to improve rte 9 bus service which should be every 10 mins RATHER THAN 2 HOURS!!!!! AND THE BUSES ARE FULL!!!!!! So the ridership excuse is complete BULL. The reason why ppl don't use the other east west buses is not beacause they don't want to IT'S CAUSE THEY ARE TOO INFREQUENT!!!!!! 3 to 6 trips a day is a sad joke.:mad::mad: PPL can't use public transit in dutchess even if they wanted to!!!!!

well that is why the bus system should improve so that you do end up using it!!!! eventually for travel to putnam and westchester counties. Several bus rtes that connect to the train stations ARE TIMED with metro-north trains well beyond just rush hour. If extended to cover more of the county dutchess will be able to use their limited resources to improve rte 9 bus service which should be every 10 mins RATHER THAN 2 HOURS!!!!! AND THE BUSES ARE FULL!!!!!! So the ridership excuse is complete BULL. The reason why ppl don't use the other east west buses is not beacause they don't want to IT'S CAUSE THEY ARE TOO INFREQUENT!!!!!! 3 to 6 trips a day is a sad joke.:mad::mad: PPL can't use public transit in dutchess even if they wanted to!!!!!

Correction DJ QJtrainmaster. The Route 9 LOOP buses in Dutchess does not ever need 10 minute headways. During the rush hour they run about every 20 minutes. I use the buses sometimes and really if they had at least 30 minutes headways along the 'main route' between Poughkeepsie Train station and Poughkeepsie Galleria(actually it's in Wappinger Falls LOL) that would be great. Then hourly to either Beacon or Fishkill Wal Mart most of the day that would be much more fair.The only time the Route 9 buses are crowded are either shoppers or Galleria Mall workers going to/from Downtown Poughkeepsie especially between 4-9pm daily. There is also a need for hourly Sunday route 9 at least between 10am-6pm as well.

Also the east-west 'cross county' should run at least every hour between the Pleasent Valley area and Downtown Poughkeepsie along Route 44. And every 2 hours each to Dover Plains/Wassic area. I know I live in Dutchess.:eek: QJ please feel free to make a new topic thread on Dutchess Loop in the regional transit thread.

Now that we off topic again we now return to Metro North CT fare hikes.

Correction DJ QJtrainmaster. The Route 9 LOOP buses in Dutchess does not ever need 10 minute headways. During the rush hour they run about every 20 minutes. I use the buses sometimes and really if they had at least 30 minutes headways along the 'main route' between Poughkeepsie Train station and Poughkeepsie Galleria(actually it's in Wappinger Falls LOL) that would be great. Then hourly to either Beacon or Fishkill Wal Mart most of the day that would be much more fair.The only time the Route 9 buses are crowded are either shoppers or Galleria Mall workers going to/from Downtown Poughkeepsie especially between 4-9pm daily. There is also a need for hourly Sunday route 9 at least between 10am-6pm as well.

Also the east-west 'cross county' should run at least every hour between the Pleasent Valley area and Downtown Poughkeepsie along Route 44. And every 2 hours each to Dover Plains/Wassic area. I know I live in Dutchess.:eek: QJ please feel free to make a new topic thread on Dutchess Loop in the regional transit thread.

yeah ur right buddy What I meant was rte 9 with different bus rtes and on a certain segment of rte 9 then the combined service levels get to that. But then the rtes have different complete rtes My dutchess plan is a bit more spread out and requires new collaboration between several other operators. The lines on rte 9 do different final destinations

Poughkeepsie Galleria(actually it's in Wappinger Falls LOL) that would be great.

Poughkeepsie Galleria is in the Town of Poughkeepie as is everything on Route 9 up until Wappingers Creek (but then again so is the New Hamburg Train Station). That's neither here or there.

Yes, Dutchess County connecting bus service (or any other connecting services) has nothing to do with the MTA mobility tax or any other funding for the MTA or it's subsidies.

We'd all normally criticize shortline for meta-moderating, but given a certain someone's spam (when the topic is actually about fares going up), it's justified.

Thank You. I get all the blame but again i am not trying to replace Harry, East NY and the mods. Just helping to keep it real whether it's Jammaster QJ LOL going around in circles or there is 100 topic threads on the same subject talking ice cream. Yummy Yummy:p

CDOT fighting to keep fares as they were?

Rumor has it that CDOT was waiting until the M8's started hitting the rails before they raised the fares. My guess is it's their way of making passengers think they are getting something for their money as opposed to raising the fares sooner while riding 30+ years old trains with chronic breakdowns.

Rumor has it that CDOT was waiting until the M8's started hitting the rails before they raised the fares. My guess is it's their way of making passengers think they are getting something for their money as opposed to raising the fares sooner while riding 30+ years old trains with chronic breakdowns.

That's right; the fare increases were supposed to happen in 2008 and be used to pay for buying M8's. The original plan (had the governor not ordered his) would be to hold public hearings this year for annual fare hikes until the M8's are fully delivered. (the annual hikes would be like 5% a year or something, IIRC)

Not only are the residents of CDOT getting new M8 cars(at $2.3M a car) but also a new station -Fairfield Metro. I'd say that's worth a fare increase.

I'd rather they implement a large fare increase than annual small ones.

Not only are the residents of CDOT getting new M8 cars(at $2.3M a car) but also a new station -Fairfield Metro. I'd say that's worth a fare increase.

There getting at least 5-8 New stations this decade and an extension along with New cars....so yes its time for an increase. But hopefully a Decrease will come in the future....

I saw the station I actualy thought it opened. I was walking in the area it would have been a godsend if it were already open would have saved me from a 20 min sunday walk. The ppl there want it open too. But adding too many new stations will slow down the line too much how will they take care of that??

8 new stations = how much extra travel time???

I saw the station I actualy thought it opened. I was walking in the area it would have been a godsend if it were already open would have saved me from a 20 min sunday walk. The ppl there want it open too. But adding too many new stations will slow down the line too much how will they take care of that??

8 new stations = how much extra travel time???

8 stations?

It was completed early this year, the parking garage is close to done or just done. The whole facility wasn't done in time for the June schedule change, so they must wait till October. Hopefully the graffiti is cleared by opening day!

For a commuter train, each station is probably a minute or so. You can find exact numbers by comparing running times for Hudson locals before and after Yankees-153 opened.

I'm having problems with the Internet connecting to this site. It originally said "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage, and I had to refresh it a few times to post this. Does anybody else have this problem?

Could this be why?

video of "packers" on a train in China

Just kidding. Seriously, I don't have a clue.

That's how I like my trains. Extra crowded. :)

I'm having problems with the Internet connecting to this site. It originally said "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage, and I had to refresh it a few times to post this. Does anybody else have this problem?

That's how I like my trains. Extra crowded. :P

yes I had it a few times. Extra crowded Well NOT to the point where we need pushers.

Archived