Trainz FAQ & Support

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude turn the train detail all the way up which is not "normal".

The shadow mesh is useless it just means the train doesn't have a shadow thats nothing so ignore it!

But the Train Bogey's Still dont show up See

TrainzLover18_20110730_0000.jpg?t=1311998390 I don't know hwy but its like this for all of MagicLands Cars I download

Hmm this is quite I think I know what the Issue is. Maybe its my computer Maybe it Doesn't Have enough Space. Beacause when I Play Trainz It is quite Skippy So maybe if I Upgrade My Memory...

Edited by TrainzLover

Trainz 2010 must automatically adjust performance in tandem with your computer's hardware, which explains why the baseboard begins to disappear when too many polygons occupy the current frame. Upgrading the RAM does not, and will not improve performance (RAM is meant to allow large programs to run smoothly without disrupting the CPU). In order to improve Trainz performance you should check to see if your computer can even handle Trainz.

Trainz 2010 must automatically adjust performance in tandem with your computer's hardware, which explains why the baseboard begins to disappear when too many polygons occupy the current frame. Upgrading the RAM does not, and will not improve performance (RAM is meant to allow large programs to run smoothly without disrupting the CPU). In order to improve Trainz performance you should check to see if your computer can even handle Trainz.

FINNALY!!! Ive bin trying to find out why that happens you put it in perfect sence i have trainz 2012 with and amd phenom x6 proccsor and 4gb ram and ati radeon 5770 more then required for trains i have the same issue. Some built in routes have high poly stuff in it too but load all baseboards fine. Is there any other info you know about this issue ?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell please tell me how to replace Magicland's rollsigns with the custom made ones by acelejalde? every time i replace them none of te custom ones show up only the default one's on the R32 R33 R36 R46 and could anyone tell me in which folder the R62 Rollsigns are in so it would be easier to replace them with the modified ones?

thanx

Here is a tutorial for replacing Magicland's rollsigns with my own. Note that this method can be used for any custom rollsigns you wish to use on any of his cars, since the car folders and texture folders are laid out the same way.

Read through these steps carefully at least once before attempting to replace--as with all things in CM & Trainz, if you breeze through too quickly, you're likely to make an easy-to-miss mistake and cause yourself headaches for hours.

1) Open CM/CMP and select the texture folders from both Magicland and myself. As an example, we'll be referencing the R62 textures.

2) Select "open for edit", and then "edit in explorer". The asset folders should show up in your desktop tray, ready to be tinkered with.

3) In Magicland's texture folder, open up the config file and delete the everything from "textures" to just before "thumbnails".

Also delete everything in the asset folder EXCEPT for the config file.

4) Now, open up my textures' asset folder, and copy/paste everything except the config file into Magicland's folder.

5) Open up my config file and copy everything from "textures" to just before "thumbnails" and paste this into Magicland's config. Input this right under "username". If done correctly, the pasted section should end right above "thumbnails".

6) SAVE both config files, close the asset folders and commit in CM/CMP.

If done correctly, the textures will now be changed accordingly. One quick way to verify this in Trainz is to select one of Magicland's train cars, and hit the ? button. My customized list of destinations should show up. If not--go back and look at the steps again. This is why I do not recommend deleting my assets upon replacing the textures--it can come in handy if there are any mistakes.

This can be done for my modified R32-62 textures as well as any of his other car textures. Since I do not really use anything prior to the R32 on my route, I left those out of my reskinning, plus I was still a hardcore newb when I did these. I am in the process of redoing my modifications to make them blend in better with the cars--plus my R62 destinations are a little bit off center.

Hope that helps!

-A :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i looked around the forum and i don't this this was asked but if it was please accept my apologies. Is there a way to change the rollsign in trainz while in the session. For example, if you get to the last stop can you change the rollsign. Also is there a way to put in automated announcements in trainz?

Thank You,

Steven

Yes, there is. You need to do a few things to make sure this works:

Ensure that the train you're using has the capability to change its destination signs. Once this has been verified, while you're in surveyor you should click the "edit session rules" button, which in 09 & 10 looks like a funnel. Select "driver commands" and check the box next to "change destination sign". This command is built in since TC I believe. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I know it's built into 09 and 10). Once you've done that click "add" and select "DestSignTable". Once you've selected the rule to use in the session and have confirmed the selection, highlight the rule and hit "edit".

A small window will appear and (this is a personal preference) uncheck the boxes that allow trackmarks and industries to be used as destinations. Click the link that says "add destinations from texture group". Another small window will pop up and if you have the texture libraries installed, they will show up, ready for you. Note that only the texture libraries for trains in your session will show up. So if you have all of Magicland's cars and textures downloaded in your game, and you're wondering why only the R46 textures show up on this list--it's because the R46 is the only train in your session.

Be careful when doing this, if you have too many different texture libraries, then selecting the correct destination to change to while in driver mode can become cumbersome. Usually, I have my sessions only use two cars' textures (46 and 62).

Once you have added and edited the above rules, save your session settings, and do a Quick Drive. Now, if all is done correctly, when you select "change destination sign" from the driver command menu, your list of destinations should show up.

If you need any other troubleshooting help after following the above steps--ya know where to post!

Hope it all works out! :tup:

P.S. As for automated announcements, I don't know if that can be done or not. Despite busting out killer content, there are tons of areas of this game that I know absolutely nothing about :)---and adding automated announcements is one. However, I do vaguely remember reading something about triggers being able to be used to--well, trigger, certain sound files. Someone here should be able to help. Best to search the Auran forums and post your inquiry there.

• 2 months later...
How do you convert Magiclands' content (which was originally made for TRS2004) to newer games? I can't figure it out. I have 2006, and TC. Help is much appreciated.

I think that all of Magicland's content was 2006 compatible.

As for Trainz Classics, the only train that will work is the R46, and R46B. These are the ones that have the blue stripe and do not have the LED sign. There is one problem for me though. The doors open fine, but when they close, the chime noise does not stop playing until they are opened again. I am yet to figure out how to remove the sounds.

Trainz 2010 used to have compatibility mode, which allowed you to use any content from any time, but according to the helpdesk, it was taken off.

Green Eggs n' Pelham got someone to convert all of the cars to newer versions for him, so I think he is the guy to ask about that, as I am not sure how to do it.

I think that all of Magicland's content was 2006 compatible.

I am yet to figure out how to remove the sounds.

If you crack open the config, there should be a line (or two) dedicated to the sound. Simply remove that line--be careful though. If you happen to delete more than you need to, you could accidentally delete a bracket which will mess things up considerably.

Trainz 2010 used to have compatibility mode, which allowed you to use any content from any time, but according to the helpdesk, it was taken off.

Green Eggs n' Pelham got someone to convert all of the cars to newer versions for him, so I think he is the guy to ask about that, as I am not sure how to do it.

Robin_Hoods over on the Trainz Forum was nice enough to convert all of Magicland's cars to TS2010 specs for me. Seeing as the original author of those assets is no longer available for contact, I am not sure if it is within my legal authority to re-release them even if it was somewhere like MediaFire (seeing as MegaUpload has been seized by the Feds--seriously, not joking).

I primarily work with TS09 because IMHO, it is more stable than '10 and isn't prone to crashing and doesn't have the layer system which makes things a lot easier for me.

I will put in an inquiry over on the Trainz forum about re-releasing the 09 & up versions (which should also work with TC), and I'll let you guys know what the verdict is.

I will put in an inquiry over on the Trainz forum about re-releasing the 09 & up versions (which should also work with TC), and I'll let you guys know what the verdict is.

I have trainz mac and the R46 update works with a few minor flaws. If you decided to release these new cars, it would be great. I would finally get the R62, R46 Overhaul, R32, R33WF, R36, and R38.

Thanks for all the info help above.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question after modding a subway way car how can I get the car numbers to re appear and change the font?

Also this stupid message Error: Texture 'nycta_r32_body/poles.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh

would be appreciated

Edited by 2 Train Master

I'm not sure about the first question. Perhaps someone else can take a crack at it?

For the poles error, open the asset for edit in explorer. Then, load up PEV's PM2IM software. Under the options tab, select "strip textures".

Select: File>Open to find the .im file in the folder that's already opened for edit.

When you select the file, a lot of gibberish should show up on screen, with the last line saying "conversion is done". After this, simply re-commit the asset and you should be fine. This was a problem with most of his cars depending on the "personality" of your computer. Long story short, that poles.texture file is referencing the wrong area of the mesh. By stripping the textures and reconverting the .im file, you're putting everything back in its place.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I can not explain what is going on, but when I have not downloaded all of the dependencies for a route, this happens with the tracks. I know you make your roots from scratch, and I have never seen anything like it before, from routes built from scratch. How severe is the damage to the route?

This has happened to me as well in the past. The reason it happens is because when you have saved the route, Content Manager converts the route into a version that is not listed as your asset. This is done for reasons that are unknown. Trainz always loads the saved asset in the simulator. Sometimes, whether CM crashes, or just does not want to be your friend, that saved file gets corrupted. Your result is that picture. To fix this issue is tedious, and requires you to find the saved file that CM converted, and edit the kuid of the file. Since I do not have Trainz installed on my PC anymore, can someone elaborate the instructions on how to do this if it's possible?

Trainguy97's reason is also a possibility as well. A missing or faulty asset can do this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MTA Bus

I seen videos on Youtube where there were switches in Magicland's 4 track tunnels. How do you do that ?

Edited by MTA Bus