Police: Woman drove wrong way on Tappan Zee Bridge

Trainspotter

Police: Woman drove wrong way on Tappan Zee Bridge

A woman is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated after New York police say she crossed the three-mile Tappan Zee (TAP’-uhn-zee) Bridge in the wrong direction.

State police say 28-year-old Kathleen M. Beaton of Eastchester was stopped around 3 a.m. Sunday on the Rockland County side of the bridge.

Several motorists had called police to say a car was heading north in the southbound lanes.

Beaton is due in Grand View Village Court on June 30. The name of her lawyer could not immediately be determined.

The Tappan Zee, which crosses the Hudson River, links Rockland and Westchester counties.

From: nydailynews_logo.gificon_offsite.png - June 2, 2008

She should not be allowed to drive for a long time. Drunk or not, did it even cross her mind that with all the headlights zipping past her, she should stop. For some reason it seems New York has some of the dumbest drivers, I has almost involved in 5 collisions this weekend in Boro Park cause everyone and there mother decided not to wait and run red lights.

I remember when I drove charter buses, and was on a job on to the west of Liberty, N.Y. on RTE 17 (where traffic lights are), and this happened. I had a car next to me, and in front of me. Late at night. All I saw was headlights coming the wrong way, and seen cars going to the right lane (4 lane road, 2 each direction). This old woman was driving in the oncoming lane, and kept driving. Luckily I stopped, to let the idiot next to me over, or she would have hit them, and they would have hit me. I say the one next to me is an idiot, due to the fact, that you don't drive alongside a bus or truck. If you are trying to pass, you do it quick, not drag by........

This woman needs to be locked up for a while she could have killed alot of people. She drove the entire length of the Tappn Zee in the wrong direction!

Therapy is so overrated. She needs to be B-slapped and put away-MABY then she'll learn her lesson.

You can both say that again.

Too many people can get driver's licenses these days. It amazes me the crap I see on the roads when I drive anywhere anymore.

Appears to me some people need to go back to schoolcar and get "auto" qualified...much less be swerving around the three left lanes in an SUV trying to figure out what a mirror does

Too many people can get driver's licenses these days. It amazes me the crap I see on the roads when I drive anywhere anymore.

Appears to me some people need to go back to schoolcar and get "auto" qualified...much less be swerving around the three left lanes in an SUV trying to figure out what a mirror does

I swear there must have been period in time when Licences came in Cracker Jack boxes.

Archived