MCH 3 Storys 400,000 SQ FT

Kanarsie Guy

Interesting article. I don't think the (Bx19) will be at MCH. The depot can't house artics

with the Size of the new garage it would help to make sure MCH can house Artics. The Bx19, M102 could benefit From it plus if 126 Closes u have a spot for the Buses.

Interesting article. I don't think the (Bx19) will be at MCH. The depot can't house artics

That depot will be able to house every bus in the fleet, and every bus they plan on buying in the next 10 to 15 years. they don't build depots to house exclusive types of buses anymore. and if they can squeeze artics into 126 (which is a small and tight depot compared to most) they can squeeze them into anywhere

with the Size of the new garage it would help to make sure MCH can house Artics. The Bx19, M102 could benefit From it plus if 126 Closes u have a spot for the Buses.

sry for not using multi quote but, you are right in your assumption. almost all of 126th is going to MCH when its finished. along with some of MJQ, some of manhattanville, and some of kingsbridge. 400,000 square feet is nothing to shake a stick at. i expect MCH to be a 250+ bus depot

MJQ I can't really imagine, but KB potentially the (M100)? All of MCH's former Bronx routes went to WF in the

(Bx19), (Bx21), and (Bx33). Manhattanville the (M1), (M7), and potentially even (M2) could head back to Hale.

It is such a difference though, MCH was a 120-130 bus depot made up of 125,690 sq. feet and only 417 employees. Now we're talking 250 buses, 400,000 sq. feet and probably double the number of employees, which is why it'll be able to take back its old routes and some of 126 etc.'s too.

Wasn't the (Bx32) a Hale route too? Then it went to KB then WF. The (M60) was too

I think it should look a little like this with MCH.

MJQ - M8, M9, M14, M16, M20, M21, M22, M23, M31, M34, M42, M50, M57, M66, M79

MCH - M1, M2, M7, M101(split-100), M102, M116

100 - M15, M35, M86, M101(split-MCH), M103

MV- M3, M4, M5, M10, M11, M60, M72, M96, M98, M104, M106

I think at one time it was, though in 1998 the routes were (M1), (M7), (Bx19), (Bx21), and (Bx33). The fleet was 37 1986 TMCs, 48 1990 TMCs, and 43 of the 91xx series of Novabuses.

I'm pretty sure the (Bx32) was with MCH until the end of '07. I remember seeing an O7 on that route

I was told it will be able to house artic.

That's assuming Hale is in the Manhattan division

It's said to remain a Bronx Division depot, and that doesn't really matter. It's in Manhattan, and will still have Manhattan routes as it always has.

well i can tell you from what i seen when i have to bring my bus to MJQ for my layover, it can deff handle artics easy. Thats a huge depot with massive room for buses. So much buses from other depots comes to MJQ to park buses for there layovers. P.S. is 126st closing down i did not know that.

well i can tell you from what i seen when i have to bring my bus to MJQ for my layover, it can deff handle artics easy. Thats a huge depot with massive room for buses. So much buses from other depots comes to MJQ to park buses for there layovers. P.S. is 126st closing down i did not know that.

Yes, 126 St is closing for rehab when Hale reopens

closing down temporarily to be rebuilt to be probably the same size as MCH when it is complete

Archived