Station Timers Inside a Station...

error46146

In case you haven't been around lately, the MTA has been installing timers INSIDE a station, most notably the ST10 in Broadway Junction on the southbound A track.

WHY?

Like INDman said, it's to slow down the trains. It is also to prevent the T/O from overrunnning the station too. I think it's stupid if you ask me.

Their not adding timmerse for that reason, if anything it's to prevent station over runs.

A myriad of reasons show up here. Some are meant to prevent overruns (like the psuedo-timer before Nostrand on the (A) that clears on the post, and the one just outside of Utica that almost does as well). Others provide extra protection for switches and/or home signals (like the new one at 57th in the BMT and the new one at Dekalb), others enforce speed over curved track (like the new one at 34th) to avoid degrading of rail by T/O not obeying posted speed limits.

A myriad of reasons show up here. Some are meant to prevent overruns (like the psuedo-timer before Nostrand on the (A) that clears on the post, and the one just outside of Utica that almost does as well). Others provide extra protection for switches and/or home signals (like the new one at 57th in the BMT and the new one at Dekalb), others enforce speed over curved track (like the new one at 34th) to avoid degrading of rail by T/O not obeying posted speed limits.

I'm just talking about those that are inside stations like East New York and Jay St on the (A).

yuppp !!!! i think they might have also put 1 going SB into City Hall

Archived