The Cannonball (for real this time)

Oh, right, i was thinking of the SW1001s. They were used in passenger service, right?

But how come these MP15s can't? The MP15-ACs could.

thats what I meant, i just shortened the name. They cant use C3s in passenger service, nor can the SW1001, only the DE/DM30AC locomotives can because they have what is known as a HEP motor which is a small generator that provides electricity for the lights and A/C and heating. Way back when, before the double deckers, MP15ACs pulled teh older coaches but had a converted FL9 type locomotive with the HEP motor in it so they could have lights.

thats what I meant, i just shortened the name. They cant use C3s in passenger service, nor can the SW1001, only the DE/DM30AC locomotives can because they have what is known as a HEP motor which is a small generator that provides electricity for the lights and A/C and heating. Way back when, before the double deckers, MP15ACs pulled teh older coaches but had a converted FL9 type locomotive with the HEP motor in it so they could have lights.

Now i understand.

But, how come they can't use the C3s? I thought those were the only double decker cars left on the roster?

Archived