Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

The Cannonball (for real this time)

Nice shots! Was that MP15 in service, or was it just a transport?

it was just moving it back to Hillside for repairs, the MP15 locomotives cannot be used with the C3s in passenger service.

it was just moving it back to Hillside for repairs, the MP15 locomotives cannot be used with the C3s in passenger service.

Oh, right, i was thinking of the SW1001s. They were used in passenger service, right?

But how come these MP15s can't? The MP15-ACs could.

Oh, right, i was thinking of the SW1001s. They were used in passenger service, right?

But how come these MP15s can't? The MP15-ACs could.

thats what I meant, i just shortened the name. They cant use C3s in passenger service, nor can the SW1001, only the DE/DM30AC locomotives can because they have what is known as a HEP motor which is a small generator that provides electricity for the lights and A/C and heating. Way back when, before the double deckers, MP15ACs pulled teh older coaches but had a converted FL9 type locomotive with the HEP motor in it so they could have lights.

thats what I meant, i just shortened the name. They cant use C3s in passenger service, nor can the SW1001, only the DE/DM30AC locomotives can because they have what is known as a HEP motor which is a small generator that provides electricity for the lights and A/C and heating. Way back when, before the double deckers, MP15ACs pulled teh older coaches but had a converted FL9 type locomotive with the HEP motor in it so they could have lights.

Now i understand.

But, how come they can't use the C3s? I thought those were the only double decker cars left on the roster?

Now i understand.

But, how come they can't use the C3s? I thought those were the only double decker cars left on the roster?

because the MP15AC and SW1001 locomotives lack the HEP motors to provide lights to the cars

Slammin pics! How come the rear of the car in the second pic looks different?

that isnt a cab car. Thats just a regular C3 thats always in the middle of the train,