MTA 8056 sitting in Saint-Nicolas, Quebec

AlexLy

that doesn't make sense...why would they send the bus all the way up to Canada to minor repairs if the buses come out of the Nova Plant in Plattsburg??

According to someone who wrote in there, it's because right before the bus got delivered, a truck sort of smashed into it on the door side, which would explain the completely white part of the livery in the photo.

Thanks for posting this , now its in service . They drove 2400 all the way from canada at 60 mph . Then it went into jersey and then from jersey to zerega , then from zerega to manhattan then manhattan - staten island and now its at ulmer park .

that doesn't make sense...why would they send the bus all the way up to Canada to minor repairs if the buses come out of the Nova Plant in Plattsburg??

LOL... You do realize that Plattsburgh is only one hour from Canada, more specifically Montréal right??? Plattsburgh is 6 hours in good weather driving from New York City so one more hour or so won't hurt. I know because I went to university partially in Plattsburgh around the time when the R142s were being built up there. They would have them on some old tracks over by the old Air base. :cool:

Thanks for posting this , now its in service . They drove 2400 all the way from canada at 60 mph . Then it went into jersey and then from jersey to zerega , then from zerega to manhattan then manhattan - staten island and now its at ulmer park .

That's alot of mileage on 2400!

LOL... You do realize that Plattsburgh is only one hour from Canada, more specifically Montréal right??? Plattsburgh is 6 hours in good weather driving from New York City so one more hour or so won't hurt. I know because I went to university partially in Plattsburgh around the time when the R142s were being built up there. They would have them on some old tracks over by the old Air base. :cool:

Yup, about one hour and a half drive from Montréal. But Saint-Nicolas is not far from Québec City, so 8056 is a bit far from NYC, lol. It was at the Prévost Car yard when the photo was taken. Most buses coming out of the Nova Bus plant in Saint-Eustache go there or at the Gaudrault yard (which is a lot more closer). ;)

Yup, about one hour and a half drive from Montréal. But Saint-Nicolas is not far from Québec City, so 8056 is a bit far from NYC, lol. It was at the Prévost Car yard when the photo was taken. Most buses coming out of the Nova Bus plant in Saint-Eustache go there or at the Gaudrault yard (which is a lot more closer). ;)

True... In any event I think it's great to have buses and trains built up either in the Adirondacks up in Plattsburgh or up in Canada. I LOVE Montréal. It reminds me a lot of New York, with a laid back European feel, and of course it's much much cleaner, esp. once you travel outside of the city centre. A bunch of us were walking back to our friend's apt. to crash and I was amazed at how clean the streets are. I mean it was SPOTLESS for blocks and I kept looking to see any little trash on the ground and nothing. Coming from NYC, this was something quite bizarre to me. Even the ritziest areas of NYC have some sort of trash on the floor or even leaves or something. lol And Rue Sainte-Catherine (St. Catherine's St.) is quite enjoyable to walk along. :cool:

The last time I was there was during the summer back in 2003 for a perfect circle concert during my college days and there was a nice movie festival going on with big screen tvs out in the street. :cool:

Its fixed now , its been in service for a few weeks .

True... In any event I think it's great to have buses and trains built up either in the Adirondacks up in Plattsburgh or up in Canada. I LOVE Montréal. It reminds me a lot of New York, with a laid back European feel, and of course it's much much cleaner, esp. once you travel outside of the city centre. A bunch of us were walking back to our friend's apt. to crash and I was amazed at how clean the streets are. I mean it was SPOTLESS for blocks and I kept looking to see any little trash on the ground and nothing. Coming from NYC, this was something quite bizarre to me. Even the ritziest areas of NYC have some sort of trash on the floor or even leaves or something. lol And Rue Sainte-Catherine (St. Catherine's St.) is quite enjoyable to walk along. :cool:

The last time I was there was during the summer back in 2003 for a perfect circle concert during my college days and there was a nice movie festival going on with big screen tvs out in the street. :cool:

Lol, I like positive feedbacks from people outside the city, thanks! :) By the way, you can now find the brand new Quartier des Spectacles downtown! For the moment, it's the most modern part of the city where many festivals and concerts are being held. :o I really like this place. :) Also, if you are looking for some bus action not far from there, there is the terminus of route 80 which is operated by Nova Artics and there is also the corner of Boulevard René-Lévesque and Côte du Beaver Hall where you can spot some of the Classics left (but you must be lucky enough). ;)

Its fixed now , its been in service for a few weeks .

Yes, I saw your post. B) Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Lol, I like positive feedbacks from people outside the city, thanks! B) By the way, you can now find the brand new Quartier des Spectacles downtown! For the moment, it's the most modern part of the city where many festivals and concerts are being held. :o I really like this place. :) Also, if you are looking for some bus action not far from there, there is the terminus of route 80 which is operated by Nova Artics and there is also the corner of Boulevard René-Lévesque and Côte du Beaver Hall where you can spot some of the Classics left (but you must be lucky enough). ;)

Well since I can't go to Europe this year, I am thinking of celebrating my 30th birthday up in Montréal for a long weekend in September. :cool: I just thought of the idea a little while ago, so I have to think about what I'd want to do and so on and maybe a colleague of mine can show me around or tell me places to go. :cool: Any suggestions would be welcome. I also know that I enjoyed the grub that I ate there too. Was very pleased, but do recommend any famous eateries if you know of any. :cool:

I'm also wondering how I will get around; if I will use taxis or walk or use the bus since I found Montréal to be rather agreeable in the walking department in the Downtown area.

Well since I can't go to Europe this year, I am thinking of celebrating my 30th birthday up in Montréal for a long weekend in September. :cool: I just thought of the idea a little while ago, so I have to think about what I'd want to do and so on and maybe a colleague of mine can show me around or tell me places to go. :cool: Any suggestions would be welcome. I also know that I enjoyed the grub that I ate there too. Was very pleased, but do recommend any famous eateries if you know of any. :cool:

I'm also wondering how I will get around; if I will use taxis or walk or use the bus since I found Montréal to be rather agreeable in the walking department in the Downtown area.

Since I'm not good at suggesting stuffs, you can take a look here, hehe.

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/

But if you want a taste of Europe, I'd suggest you to try some of these French Imported creations called "Macarons" at Point G or at La Maison du Macaron. ;)

If you are looking for some great bus action, or more Nova Bus action since there are no more MCIs in Montréal*, here are my suggestions:

Terminus Fairview on the West Island

Terminus Côte-Vertu

Along Boulevard René-Lévesque downtown at rush hour

Terminus Centre-Ville (TCV)

*There are still some MCIs on the roads, but they are operated by other transit systems around Montréal and you can easily find them at TCV or unless you go to the North or South (recommended) shore. ;)

If you go out of the island..

Longueuil:

Terminus Longueuil

Brossard:

Terminus Panama

Laval:

Ask ProchaineStation, lol. :P

If you'd like to take a good look of everything in Downtown then walk (with good shoes LOL!). Or if you'd like to ride buses in the Old Port, take the 515, a quiet route (not many passengers board on it) that goes there.

For all informations concerning the STM, lookie here! :cool:

http://www.stm.info/English/a-somm.htm

Fare information: http://www.stm.info/English/tarification/a-tarifmontreal.htm

$3.00 one way. ;)

Since I'm not good at suggesting stuffs, you can take a look here, hehe.

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/

But if you want a taste of Europe, I'd suggest you to try some of these French Imported creations called "Macarons" at Point G or at La Maison du Macaron. ;)

If you are looking for some great bus action, or more Nova Bus action since there are no more MCIs in Montréal*, here are my suggestions:

Terminus Fairview on the West Island

Terminus Côte-Vertu

Along Boulevard René-Lévesque downtown at rush hour

Terminus Centre-Ville (TCV)

*There are still some MCIs on the roads, but they are operated by other transit systems around Montréal and you can easily find them at TCV or unless you go to the North or South (recommended) shore. ;)

If you go out of the island..

Longueuil:

Terminus Longueuil

Brossard:

Terminus Panama

Laval:

Ask ProchaineStation, lol. :P

If you'd like to take a good look of everything in Downtown then walk (with good shoes LOL!). Or if you'd like to ride buses in the Old Port, take the 515, a quiet route (not many passengers board on it) that goes there.

For all informations concerning the STM, lookie here! :cool:

http://www.stm.info/English/a-somm.htm

Fare information: http://www.stm.info/English/tarification/a-tarifmontreal.htm

$3.00 one way. ;)

Yes, macarons sound great. I eat a ton of those at some French spots here in the city. :) We have a great French place here called "Payard" which is famous for its macarons. I'm not sure I'll be doing any bus fanning, but if the buses are clean and riff raff free I may consider using them to get around. I assume that the cabbies also speak English though no? If not I'll have to use the French that I know and try to mix it w/Italian. :o I have a habit of saying "Sì" instead of "Oui". :(

Yes, macarons sound great. I eat a ton of those at some French spots here in the city. :oWe have a great French place here called "Payard" which is famous for its macarons. I'm not sure I'll be doing any bus fanning, but if the buses are clean and riff raff free I may consider using them to get around. I assume that the cabbies also speak English though no? If not I'll have to use the French that I know and try to mix it w/Italian. :( I have a habit of saying "Sì" instead of "Oui". ;)

Hmm, I should go there too (YUM!). ;)

---

Normally, in cabs, you should be served in English as you're an English-speaking tourist. If the driver doesn't want to, well, I'm not sure what to do... Try out your best French then!!! :P

Every buses are usually clean, but you might see a lot of scratchitties in some older buses. Graffities can be seen too, but not too often on windows, so yes everything's User-friendly. ;)

Hmm, I should go there too (YUM!). ;)

---

Normally, in cabs, you should be served in English as you're an English-speaking tourist. If the driver doesn't want to, well, I'm not sure what to do... Try out your best French then!!! :P

Every buses are usually clean, but you might see a lot of scratchitties in some older buses. Graffities can be seen too, but not too often on windows, so yes everything's User-friendly. ;)

Merci beaucoup mon ami! :cool: My French is actually not bad but the thing is I speak it with an Italian/Spanish accent since those are the two main languages that I speak besides English. I do however know more French than I do German and Portuguese. ;)

Nice photo of that bus, interesting journey that bus had.

Yup, indeed. B)

Here's another pic I found:

nyc_mta8056.jpg

(Photo by Jean-François Brulotte via Barraclou.com)

Merci beaucoup mon ami! :cool: My French is actually not bad but the thing is I speak it with an Italian/Spanish accent since those are the two main languages that I speak besides English. I do however know more French than I do German and Portuguese. :(

Ça fait plaisir! B)

And who cares about accents today, eh? B) After all, French is not far from Italian, Spanish, etc... B)

According to someone who wrote in there, it's because right before the bus got delivered, a truck sort of smashed into it on the door side, which would explain the completely white part of the livery in the photo.

no the mta buses are manufactured in canada but are sent down to plattsburgh due apply decals and other elcetional devices need for mta nycta

no the mta buses are manufactured in canada but are sent down to plattsburgh due apply decals and other elcetional devices need for mta nycta

Only the bare frame of the LFS is manufactured in Canada, all of the assembly is performed in Plattsburgh.

Archived