How has bus tracking affected service on the B63?

Via Garibaldi 8

.15 cents per text?? Jesus Christ. :eek: Don't you guys have a family plan or something?? :confused:

No. We haven't done extensive research or anything, but I think most of the family plans are unlimited. We have 4 phones and we put $20 every 3 months on each of them, and we barely use those, even though we split them between 6 people. (We're going to try to cut back on the number of phones we have. Sure, it's only $6.67 per month, but why waste it if you don't need it?)

I think it's $.20 for one text message for t-mobile. I'm not into text messaging at all since I can wait until I go home and use the computer.

Same here.

Hence why I use a smartphone and use IM instead of texting so much easier and cheaper in the long run again I can't wait for my galaxy S2. With the costs of them on contract there is no excuse. Besides I don't text alot either but to be safe I use either the app or chicken out and get 500 messages package it's better to be safe than sorry with the bill lol I learned the hard way fast

Well, I barely text at all, so I'll need some practice in using that function.

Plus, it costs a whopping $0.15 per text! :P

It would be helpful when I go to school though. It would be good to know if I should walk or wait for the S46/S96. Then again, if the teacher is lenient, it won't really matter.

I've been carrying a cell phone with me for these 2 months when I've been commuting, but on a typical school day at the high school I don't carry my phone (unless I have an after school event).

Sometimes people text me, plus I get random texts that say "Message cannot be displayed" (I assume these are pictures b/c I don't have that capability). I tell them not to, as I pay 10 cents to send, 10 cents to receive. In other words, one text message conversation only saves $ if it'll take more than 2 MINUTES to explain by voice.

I've been carrying a cell phone with me for these 2 months when I've been commuting, but on a typical school day at the high school I don't carry my phone (unless I have an after school event).

Sometimes people text me, plus I get random texts that say "Message cannot be displayed" (I assume these are pictures b/c I don't have that capability). I tell them not to, as I pay 10 cents to send, 10 cents to receive. In other words, one text message conversation only saves $ if it'll take more than 2 MINUTES to explain by voice.

Same here. On random days, they check people for cell phones, and it's just too much of a hassle to pick it up at the end of the day (you have well over 1,500 students going to get their phone at the same time)

I remember once I got lucky and they found my phone, but they didn't confiscate it (I forget why I was carrying it. I think I had something the night before and I forgot to take my phone out of my pocket). With all of the traveling I do during the school year, I can justify carrying a phone every day, but it's too much hassle unless there's something out of the ordinary going on.

I don't even bother checking the text messages (and when one pops up, I just click "Ignore").

Well I think you're missing the point. Nobody cares about the fact that it lists all of the stops. They care about the fact that it lists the times in which the bus will arrive at each said stop, this way folks can plan their commutes. Sometimes people will walk up to the bus stop while I'm waiting for the X30 and they'll check to see when the S48 is arriving. I'm sure they would love to have an idea in actual time as to when they can expect their bus to arrive it its destination.

In Italy they've had bus tracking for years, and while in Bologna, it was great to be able to see where the bus was at my bus stop and when I could expect it to arrive. :cool:

When he said it listed all the stops, he meant that it had the codes that whoever needed to know how far away a bus was to a particular stop, could text to the (MTA) to find out. Please tell me if that sentence made sense cuz to me its alittle off lol

When he said it listed all the stops, he meant that it had the codes that whoever needed to know how far away a bus was to a particular stop, could text to the (MTA) to find out. Please tell me if that sentence made sense cuz to me its alittle off lol

Yeah, it does now that he posted pictures... :(

Archived