Feedback

I noticed that there is a section labeled "Feedback" in the user profile. How does it work? Do you just say what you think of the user's post over the past 6 months?

And what does "From Buyers" and "From Sellers" refer to?

Also, out of curiosity, could the mods make a facepalm smiley? City-data has one and it is fairly well-used (it doesn't have to be used when something is obviously stupid. It could be something that you overlooked yourself or something like that)

For example:

I told you 100 times that extension won't work. (facepalm)

or

I missed the bus because I stopped off for pizza (facepalm)

That would actually decrease (textual) posting activity, if you think about it....

I'd rather tell someone why, or why I think they're wrong.....

In plain english, what I'm alluding to is, there are a hell of a lot of posts that would be facepalm smilie worthy.... I'd rather see what content people post in their rebuttals, as opposed to a bunch of facepalm images all over the place....

it would be encouraging laziness, and negative reinforcement.... not to mention, an added increase in bandwidth... hell, FWIW, I think ppl. OD w/ the subway bullets/smilies at times, but that's somethin else....

That would actually decrease (textual) posting activity, if you think about it....

In plain english, what I'm alluding to is, there are a hell of a lot of posts that would be facepalm smilie worthy.... I'd rather see what content people post in their rebuttals, as opposed to a bunch of facepalm images all over the place....

it would be encouraging laziness, and negative reinforcement.... not to mention, an added increase in bandwidth... hell, FWIW, I think ppl. OD w/ the subway bullets/smilies at times, but that's somethin else....

Yeah and then the actual mature discussions here in some instances would be dulled down to pure garbage. :(

But there are a decent number of posts where they put up one of those big pictures saying "facepalm", and that takes up a lot more bandwidth than a little smilie.

I mean, the mods can say something like "Use it only if you plan on giving a full response afterward", but who knows if they'll actually listen?

But there are a decent number of posts where they put up one of those big pictures saying "facepalm", and that takes up a lot more bandwidth than a little smilie.

I mean, the mods can say something like "Use it only if you plan on giving a full response afterward", but who knows if they'll actually listen?

In my opinion:

-A facepalm smiley can be created.

-Facepalm pictures/any of those type of graphics should be forbidden.

-Forbid posts contain only the faceplam smiley (may already be in effect)

-If there are lot of people who game the system, remove the smiley.

Yeah and then the actual mature discussions here in some instances would be dulled down to pure garbage. :)

Exactly.

1) Do you know what remote loading is ?

2) No mod is gonna make that stipulation on using one particular smilie... if that "remotely" has to enter staff's mind, they're not gonna go through with it.... Guaranteed.

Exactly.

1) Do you know what remote loading is ?

2) No mod is gonna make that stipulation on using one particular smilie... if that "remotely" has to enter staff's mind, they're not gonna go through with it.... Guaranteed.

1) No. I Yahooed it and none of the links were useful.

2) I can't really see what could really go wrong. I mean, I'm sure most of the people who would abuse the facepalm smilie are the same type of people who would say "No, your stupid idea won't work!", without really explaining themselves. I mean, we all know of a particular user that receives that response a lot, and often it'll be the above phrase in big letters that takes up the whole screen. I think that's a lot more annoying than a little smilie.

1) No. I Yahooed it and none of the links were useful.

2) I can't really see what could really go wrong. I mean, I'm sure most of the people who would abuse the facepalm smilie are the same type of people who would say "No, your stupid idea won't work!", without really explaining themselves. I mean, we all know of a particular user that receives that response a lot, and often it'll be the above phrase in big letters that takes up the whole screen. I think that's a lot more annoying than a little smilie.

Remote loading is exactly what you're referring to, when you talk about people posting those big facepalm pictures on this board..... those facepalm images are hosted on other sites.... those images themselves aren't taking up NYCTF's bandwidth - It is stealing bandwidth from the site/server those bigger pictures are hosted on....

The 2nd paragraph, I think you're just being naive about the whole thing....

I'd rather have the large text... shows emphasis (plus it makes for more hilarity)....

Why do you think those posts you're speaking of, tend to gets a lot of Thanks'....

Archived