Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Nexis4Jersey

Man pays $800 for 78-square-foot mini studio

Recommended Posts

Are we this bord that this should be news to us?

 

Not bored, but rather freaked out at someone living in such a small space... Friggin' freaks! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At least a Walmart job can afford this LMAO

 

$7.25 x 40h/week x 4wks = 1160/mo

 

Projected out to 13,920 a year, after deductions and exemptions, the person could expect to get taxed at about 17% between federal, state, city, SSI, and disability. Leaving 83% as earnings, or

$11,553.60 after taxes.

 

Or $962.80 a month.

 

Meaning a Wal-Mart job leaves this person an impossible $162.80 per month to pay for groceries, electricity (including heating/cooling), hygiene products, transportation to and from work, clothing, and some form of communication (basic cell phone, land line, or internet or some combination of the above).

 

So Wal-Mart fails again LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you can't even live in an illegal walk-in closet size apartment on a Walmart salary...

 

 

 

Only a dumb hipster who is a "graphic designer" is stupid enough to pay 800 bucks rent for a closet in Manhattan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
but the sex must be really complicated

 

Two people, when horny enough, will find a way to **** anywhere, anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know, I'm talking about the hipshits who are wannabes that say they are but don't know jack about it

 

Hipshits...I like that one.

 

 

This is slightly better , but the sex must be really complicated or any dating in General....:P

 

Two people, when horny enough, will find a way to **** anywhere, anytime.

 

Much truth to what Joe's saying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
$7.25 x 40h/week x 4wks = 1160/mo

 

Projected out to 13,920 a year, after deductions and exemptions, the person could expect to get taxed at about 17% between federal, state, city, SSI, and disability. Leaving 83% as earnings, or

$11,553.60 after taxes.

 

Or $962.80 a month.

 

Meaning a Wal-Mart job leaves this person an impossible $162.80 per month to pay for groceries, electricity (including heating/cooling), hygiene products, transportation to and from work, clothing, and some form of communication (basic cell phone, land line, or internet or some combination of the above).

 

So Wal-Mart fails again LOL

 

Well, maybe the overworked overnighters, which they pay SLIGHTLY extra, at 9.00-9.70 an hour, UGH

 

But yeah, you're never gonna live off that regardless!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the guy's fridge is underneath his laptop desk....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, maybe the overworked overnighters, which they pay SLIGHTLY extra, at 9.00-9.70 an hour, UGH

 

But yeah, you're never gonna live off that regardless!!

 

Ah yes the good ol' Wal Mart supervisor. The only supervisors that make <$10/hr LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
$7.25 x 40h/week x 4wks = 1160/mo

 

Projected out to 13,920 a year, after deductions and exemptions, the person could expect to get taxed at about 17% between federal, state, city, SSI, and disability. Leaving 83% as earnings, or

$11,553.60 after taxes.

 

Or $962.80 a month.

 

Meaning a Wal-Mart job leaves this person an impossible $162.80 per month to pay for groceries, electricity (including heating/cooling), hygiene products, transportation to and from work, clothing, and some form of communication (basic cell phone, land line, or internet or some combination of the above).

 

So Wal-Mart fails again LOL

 

LOL! $1160.00 a month... I would CRY if I had to live off of that. Hell I have gone through almost that amount in a weekend alone. I bought 3 new pairs of shoes this month which came to about 1050.00. Just realized that now :o, but I mean really. I spend about $600.00 or more in food (eating out and shopping at Whole Foods a month, so I don't know how I would live off of that). I guess I would have to see if I qualified for food stamps. LOL :)

 

But yeah, that's really pathetic. That's why I hate Walmart. At least the folks at Whole Foods make respectable wages. I don't know what they earn (I think the managers must make around $20.00/hr maybe a bit more), but it is certainly far more than what the folks at Walmart make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL! $1160.00 a month... I would CRY if I had to live off of that. Hell I have gone through almost that amount in a weekend alone. I bought 3 new pairs of shoes this month which came to about 1050.00. Just realized that now :o, but I mean really. I spend about $600.00 or more in food (eating out and shopping at Whole Foods a month, so I don't know how I would live off of that). I guess I would have to see if I qualified for food stamps. LOL :P

 

But yeah, that's really pathetic. That's why I hate Walmart. At least the folks at Whole Foods make respectable wages. I don't know what they earn (I think the managers must make around $20.00/hr maybe a bit more), but it is certainly far more than what the folks at Walmart make.

 

To be fair, somebody making $1,160 per month would almost definitely qualify for food stamps, and probably other forms of public assistance, so that would help with the other expenses.

 

Still, for $800, you can easily get an apartment in the outer boroughs if you split the rent with a roommate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.