Create your own route/variant thread

DaTransitMan4608

Sorry to tell you, it`s not extention of GoBus#28.

I`m creating new GoBus between Newark Airport and College of SI via Bayoone-34th St HBLR Station, so maybe students and employees living in these areas could have direct access.

Also student going on vacation that requires airplane, they could go directly with this new line.

There will be TSP signal in EWR, Bayonne, and along S89 bus route to speed both GoBus, S89 Bus and Transport Athuma along the routes.

What I am saying that it's easier to extend GO28 or renumber it 110 then extend it. But with that said I'd rather extend 37 to do just that then call it 109 then send it non stop to bay ridge brooklyn closed door of course.

GoBus Route # not available yet.

With Permission from NYCDOT, NYSDOT, PANY&NJ, install GoBus shelters along S89 route and campus stop.

Operates between Newark Airport and College of Staten Island via Bayoone 34th St HBLR Station.

2 zone divided at Bayoone 34th St HBLR Station.

GoBus Stops: EWR GoBus28 Bus Stops, S89 Stops from 34th St HBLR Station to Victory Blvd, then non-stop to College of Staten Island.

Please zoom out to see route.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&ll=40.668714,-74.114309&spn=0,0&t=m&vpsrc=6&msid=201703423907676287259.0004ae021d49de798bb04&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&ll=40.668714,-74.114309&spn=0,0&t=m&vpsrc=6&msid=201703423907676287259.0004ae021d49de798bb04&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">EWR-Bayonne-College of SI GoBus</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

Your route is very interesting. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that the route might have have some MTA/NJT Connectivity if the route is successful (maybe helping people with transfers). Since it's a interstate route, would this be full service or exact fare? Rush hour only like the GO25 or 24/7 like the GO28?

Your route is very interesting. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that the route might have have some MTA/NJT Connectivity if the route is successful (maybe helping people with transfers). Since it's a interstate route, would this be full service or exact fare? Rush hour only like the GO25 or 24/7 like the GO28?
I would make it almost 24/7 as a relabeling and extension of Go28 OR 37 remunbered to 110 or 102(for go28)

Then the new line will be full service. OR it's separate from go28 and 37 and called 304 then replaces old 304 line but with huge modifications to it where certain variants would replace some 700 local rtes NOT THE heavy crosstown ones but lines like 752 or parts of 753 and another 700 rte. The line emerges as a long distance rte. Heck maybe separate from 37 and go28 would be a better idea. I always thought of having NJT 52 come to SI with links with 62 for airport service. 52 relabled 118 since it travels on morris ave with 114.

Don`t you mean almost 24/7?

Yes it will be almost like GoBus#28. It will adjust with class schedules at College of Staten Island, 34th St HBLR Station in both direction. When NJT doesn`t run, this GoBus will stop outside along Prospect Av.

I would make it almost 24/7 as a relabeling and extension of Go28 OR 37 remunbered to 110 or 102(for go28)

Then the new line will be full service. OR it's separate from go28 and 37 and called 304 then replaces old 304 line but with huge modifications to it where certain variants would replace some 700 local rtes NOT THE heavy crosstown ones but lines like 752 or parts of 753 and another 700 rte. The line emerges as a long distance rte. Heck maybe separate from 37 and go28 would be a better idea. I always thought of having NJT 52 come to SI with links with 62 for airport service. 52 relabled 118 since it travels on morris ave with 114.

You cannot relable GoBus routes.

If you change GoBus#28 to #304,it properly means (NJT) must taken down GoBus Shelters and replaces it with #304.

Just like Select Bus Service, GoBus was created to distinguished difference between local and express buses and speed up bus service on Bloomfield Av and also giving Bloomfield residents direct access to EWR.

Don`t you mean almost 24/7?

Yes it will be almost like GoBus#28. It will adjust with class schedules at College of Staten Island, 34th St HBLR Station in both direction. When NJT doesn`t run, this GoBus will stop outside along Prospect Av.

If you change GoBus#28 to #304,it properly means (NJT) must taken down GoBus Shelters and replaces it with #304.

Just like Select Bus Service, GoBus was created to distinguished difference between local and express buses and speed up bus service on Bloomfield Av and also giving Bloomfield residents direct access to EWR.

I said 304 will be different from go28 remember the former 304???

If the go28 doesn't get extended. So I revised my plan to leave go28 alone south of the airport. And restore the former 304 in a different form but unlike history it will go south of newark to SI and maybe even brooklyn via the route you suggested. I proposed a rte from journal sq to run via SI and I-287 to bound brook or new brunswick or via metuchen en rte to bound brook it will replace a piece of the SCOOT routing as well.

The most change I would recommend for Yuki's route was for it to run down to ETC, or to extend the S89 to EWR.

As for GoBus service, to me seems more like NJT's version of the MTA's limited-stop service versus +SBS. But then again, I never rode GO28 or GO25.

Updated.

GoBus now operates between Newark Airport Passenger Terminals and Eltingvillle Transit Center via College of Staten Island and Staten Island Mall stops only. It makes S89 stops between 34th St HBLR & Victory Blvd only.

GoBus will not enter Eltingville Transit Center.

Just like I said before, this will be 2 zones fare just like any local (NJT) routes.

Fare zone boundary will be at Bayoone-34th St HBLR.

But I'm confused. Shouldn't it be three since you are entering New York? I mean, if you kept it at 2, it would be the cheapest way getting into NY. But, Just curious. Also, would you make a full service version of it going to all stops? I mean, if it was me, I'd make this like the 105X (Staten Island Express via HBLR 32nd Street Bayonne) and 105 L servicing all stops

But I'm confused. Shouldn't it be three since you are entering New York? I mean, if you kept it at 2, it would be the cheapest way getting into NY. But, Just curious. Also, would you make a full service version of it going to all stops? I mean, if it was me, I'd make this like the 105X (Staten Island Express via HBLR 32nd Street Bayonne) and 105 L servicing all stops

O well looks like I will finish the ideas I set forth this one is new.

884 returns but is extended to jersey shore merging with 818 but rte 9 segment axed. the line would go via rte 520 to red bank then replace 835.

Another version eats 837/831 partially via rte 18 and 36 then ends at red bank.

A super line from bloomfield train station interlines with 74 at off peak called 61 goes express via GSP next stop is metropark train station then cheesquake and then redbank eating 832 and 831 the combined frequency is every 20 mins separate 40 min service absorbing 831/832 completely.

58 is extended via springfield ave and rte 24 to dover via short hills mall will replace 880 north of morris plains alternating trips some direct to rte 10.

52 extends to replace 872 northern segment and follow 875 rting on rte 10 to morris county college via rte 10 and county rte 527.

Morris county gets better service by accident due to service levels of extended rtes. Service actually gets useful rather than glorified duplicates.

195 off-peak service and some rush trips rerouted away from willowbrook mall most ppl are using 197 anyway. 195 remains on ridge rd then via pleasant valley way and jfk parkway replaces 873 up to morristown. Thus creating a crosstown further west in essex where it may be needed.

O well looks like I will finish the ideas I set forth this one is new.

884 returns but is extended to jersey shore merging with 818 but rte 9 segment axed. the line would go via rte 520 to red bank then replace 835.

Whats with you and the 884?

A super line from bloomfield train station interlines with 74 at off peak called 61 goes express via GSP next stop is metropark train station then cheesquake and then redbank eating 832 and 831 the combined frequency is every 20 mins separate 40 min service absorbing 831/832 completely.

Bloomfield? Really? You couldn't have chose either Dwntwn Newark or Jersey City instead?

58 is extended via springfield ave and rte 24 to dover via short hills mall will replace 880 north of morris plains alternating trips some direct to rte 10.

52 extends to replace 872 northern segment and follow 875 rting on rte 10 to morris county college via rte 10 and county rte 527.

Why would you send the 52 and 58 to Morris County? Those routes run in Union County only. What sense does it make to send it beyond its boundary line?

Whats with you and the 884?

making the 884 useful plus it's garage was in new brunswick anyway in addition this eliminates portions of SCOOT AND CAT while serving the rte 18 corridor plus replacing some other 800 rtes in the process

Bloomfield? Really? You couldn't have chose either Dwntwn Newark or Jersey City instead?

no need the train already goes to downtown newark so bus to there is unnessesary plus jersey city has direct hoboken service and PATH connections the GSP is congested between bloomfield and metropark therefore there is a lack of service there that needs to be addressed.

Why would you send the 52 and 58 to Morris County? Those routes run in Union County only. What sense does it make to send it beyond its boundary line?

The 52/58 is to provide connections between union and morris that are more direct and 70 doesn't count. Also the morris 800 series are unproductive in their current forms breaking em off to merge with regional rtes will make the segments appear LESS DUPLICATIVE to the train. This method separates bus rte terminuses from rail stations. In addition it addresses traffic patterns identified during my travels and talks with NWNJ planners. The rest of the replies are in red.

IN addition the buses extended have higher ridership than morris rtes therefore gain additional revenue and reduce cost to operate bus service in morris county. The southern legs of 880/872/875 are absorbed into regional lines from northern NJ eliminating absolute duplication which hurts ridership potential on morris rtes.

52 becomes like a cousin to 114 a morris cousin. again its never about just the county it's what service gaps can you address. I would take forever explaining this to you so to shorten this I am creating regional bus lines that are UNIQUE AND DO NOT DUPLICATE the train!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus my express rte via GSP stops at metropark giving an option to go to newark downtown so the bus won't have to in addition some things are best left to the train

Archived