The Train of every borough

VWM

<C> or <CC>

Went to every borough before becoming the Euclid-Terminating (C) we know today.

Assuming the (B)'s route in Bronx, the CPW/8 Av route in manhattan, on Fulton Av in Brooklyn with the (A) and going to Beach 116 St With the (H).

Truly an Amazing Train.

<C> or <CC>

Went to every borough before becoming the Euclid-Terminating (C) we know today.

Assuming the (B)'s route in Bronx, the CPW/8 Av route in manhattan, on Fulton Av in Brooklyn with the (A) and going to Beach 116 St With the (H).

Truly an Amazing Train.

*cough* Staten Island *cough*

Well we don't have a subway, but we do have the SIR, so technically he missed one, but whatever. I mean most of us don't want subways anyway. :cool:

Which is true, most of u's want to keep that suburban lifestyle going (complete with the suburban-like commute).

About the (A) vs (C).

Going south, no contest. Going north, the (A) is slightly faster, for an (A) that's right behind a (C) when it leaves Canal, it doesn't overtake it on the express track until 50th, giving average crowding conditions. But for the idea of getting off the (C) to catch an express, if you're not going past 59, stay on the (C) (with your seat). This scenario plays out for me almost every day:

Right behind the (C) leaving Chambers. Station time allows me to close in behind it at Canal as it waits for the switch to move and lineup to come in. It begins to leave. At Canal station time doesn't allow a train into the station limits until the previous train is completely off the switch and the switch back to straight (I then charge into the station as if the train was never there even thought I was waiting outside of it, the home signal clears about 3/4 the way in). When I get to W4, the (C) is leaving the station unless the C/R purposely holds for a connection. Same thing with 14th. Now I will diverge this into two scenarios (c/r makes connection at w4/14, c/r does not).

C/R does not make connection at w4 or 14: Train doesn't overtake the (C) at 23rd, connection occurs at 42 due to slightly more people getting on the (C) at 34 than the (A). Overtake at 50th, but usually connection at 59 (depending on if a (D) or (B) gets in the way or if my c/r decides to hold the train).

C/R makes connection at W4: We connect again at 14th, train still doesn't overtake at 23rd due to slow timers (first two GT 30 clears on the post, second two GT25 clear at 20). Arrive at 34th at the same time. Obviously connection at 42 to pick up those waiting on the local track at 34 and for those who got on that (C) at 23. Overtake train at 50th, about 50% of the time connection at 59 (depends if there's a (D) or (B) in the way) at my conductor's discretion. Usually depends on crowding at 59, they try not to since we already made connection at 42.

In conclusion, going north the (A) is roughly a minute faster (roughly the amount of time it takes to catch the train in front of you if it's right there), and doesn't dust the (C) until after 59.

Which is true, most of u's want to keep that suburban lifestyle going (complete with the suburban-like commute).

About the (A) vs (C).

Going south, no contest. Going north, the (A) is slightly faster, for an (A) that's right behind a (C) when it leaves Canal, it doesn't overtake it on the express track until 50th, giving average crowding conditions. But for the idea of getting off the (C) to catch an express, if you're not going past 59, stay on the (C) (with your seat). This scenario plays out for me almost every day:

Right behind the (C) leaving Chambers. Station time allows me to close in behind it at Canal as it waits for the switch to move and lineup to come in. It begins to leave. At Canal station time doesn't allow a train into the station limits until the previous train is completely off the switch and the switch back to straight (I then charge into the station as if the train was never there even thought I was waiting outside of it, the home signal clears about 3/4 the way in). When I get to W4, the (C) is leaving the station unless the C/R purposely holds for a connection. Same thing with 14th. Now I will diverge this into two scenarios (c/r makes connection at w4/14, c/r does not).

C/R does not make connection at w4 or 14: Train doesn't overtake the (C) at 23rd, connection occurs at 42 due to slightly more people getting on the (C) at 34 than the (A). Overtake at 50th, but usually connection at 59 (depending on if a (D) or (B) gets in the way or if my c/r decides to hold the train).

C/R makes connection at W4: We connect again at 14th, train still doesn't overtake at 23rd due to slow timers (first two GT 30 clears on the post, second two GT25 clear at 20). Arrive at 34th at the same time. Obviously connection at 42 to pick up those waiting on the local track at 34 and for those who got on that (C) at 23. Overtake train at 50th, about 50% of the time connection at 59 (depends if there's a (D) or (B) in the way) at my conductor's discretion. Usually depends on crowding at 59, they try not to since we already made connection at 42.

In conclusion, going north the (A) is roughly a minute faster (roughly the amount of time it takes to catch the train in front of you if it's right there), and doesn't dust the (C) until after 59.

funny thing is, staying on the C can work as well when boarding after Broadway Jct if theres no connection at Utica.

Our longest subway ride during Rush Hours was our 70(E) train.

Thirty-five miles from Jamica-179th Street to Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street. During Rush Hours, the 70(E0 ran express between 71st Avenue-Continental Avenue to Canal Street and local the rest of the run.

Then the 70(CC)/© from Bedford Park Boulevard The Bronx to Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street.

Only the (Mx) with four southern terminals (Chambers Street, Broad Street, Ninth Avenue and Bay Parkway) bet the (A)'s three southern terminals.

Archived