Which of the following options would you choose? Please vote!

Brandon

Here's a scenario and I'm wondering which option you all prefer, just out of curiosity.

Say your daily commute from point A to point B takes 35 minutes. You have two options to get from point A to point B.

Both option 1 and option 2 take approximately the same amount of time to get from point A to point B, barring any train delays.

Which of the following options would you choose, and why?

Option 1: This option requires you to take only one train to your destination without transferring to another train. It is 11 stops away on the same train line from point A to point B. It takes 25 minutes to get from point A to point B on this one train line. Once you arrive at the point B station, it is further away from point B. You have to walk half a mile (approximately 10 minutes) to get to your destination.

Option 2: This option requires you to take two trains to your destination. You take the first train from point A four stops to the station where you get off and transfer to the second train, which takes roughly 15 minutes. You get off and transfer to the second train, which takes 5 minutes to wait for the next train. You take this second train 5 more stops, which takes roughly 10 minutes. It takes roughly 30 minutes to get from point A to point B on these two train lines. However, once you arrive at the point B station, it is closer to point B. You only have to walk a quarter of a mile (approximately 5 minutes) to get to your destination.

Which option would you choose, and why? I'm interested in hearing your responses.

I usually take whichever train is faster, and whichever shows up first.

Basically here is my logic:

Express > Local unless if both boarding and getting off at local stop

When choosing over trains of the same nature (both express or both local) take whatever comes first

Crowding is not an issue as I'm used to it already; i have to deal with two of the most crowded train lines every day. (E and 6)

Both of your options seem to take the same time, so I would pretty much just take whatever comes first..however, I am more weighted towards the second option especially on a crappy rainy day where I don't want to walk.

Here's a scenario and I'm wondering which option you all prefer, just out of curiosity.

Say your daily commute from point A to point B takes 35 minutes. You have two options to get from point A to point B.

Both option 1 and option 2 take approximately the same amount of time to get from point A to point B, barring any train delays.

Which of the following options would you choose, and why?

Option 1: This option requires you to take only one train to your destination without transferring to another train. It is 11 stops away on the same train line from point A to point B. It takes 25 minutes to get from point A to point B on this one train line. Once you arrive at the point B station, it is further away from point B. You have to walk half a mile (approximately 10 minutes) to get to your destination.

Option 2: This option requires you to take two trains to your destination. You take the first train from point A four stops to the station where you get off and transfer to the second train, which takes roughly 15 minutes. You get off and transfer to the second train, which takes 5 minutes to wait for the next train. You take this second train 5 more stops, which takes roughly 10 minutes. It takes roughly 30 minutes to get from point A to point B on these two train lines. However, once you arrive at the point B station, it is closer to point B. You only have to walk a quarter of a mile (approximately 5 minutes) to get to your destination.

Which option would you choose, and why? I'm interested in hearing your responses.

I usually take whichever train is faster, and whichever shows up first.

Basically here is my logic:

Express > Local unless if both boarding and getting off at local stop

When choosing over trains of the same nature (both express or both local) take whatever comes first

Crowding is not an issue as I'm used to it already; i have to deal with two of the most crowded train lines every day. (E and 6)

Both of your options seem to take the same time, so I would pretty much just take whatever comes first..however, I am more weighted towards the second option especially on a crappy rainy day where I don't want to walk.

So far, here are the results:

Option 1: 15 people selected this option (the winning option so far)

Option 2: 6 people selected this option

Thanks to everyone who submitted responses! Please keep the responses coming! :tup:

I'm definitely not a morning person, so I pick Option #2. The restoration of the Brighton Express (:o just made my one-seat commute to Rockefeller more complicated. I prefer switching to the (;) than taking the (Q) to 49th, even though it's supposed to take the same amount of time. (I'm way too lazy in the AM, plus I hate playing the "Which train's leaving first?" game on the (N)/(Q)/® platform at 34th.)

• 3 months later...

Option 1: 17 people selected this option (the winning option so far)

Option 2: 7 people selected this option

Thanks to everyone who submitted responses! Please keep the responses coming! :tup:

I take option A due to all valid reasons listed before.

----------------------

However I would consider option B in certain cases if:

- There is terrible inclement weather (heavy rain,blizzard, hail, etc)

- I have to use the bathroom really bad

- Feeling tired and lazy

- Also depends on the walk itself. Although I don't mind walking at all, if the walking in option A is very hilly going up (which I hate), then I would choose option B. One of my best friends lives in Sunset Park,Brooklyn and I always hated the walk from the train station to his house because it is approximately a 10-15 min walk and majority of the walk involves an upward hill. Sometimes I would take a bus that would drop me off a block and a half away from his house just to avoid that dreadful walk.

Option one for me, my fat ass can do with a good 1/2 mile walk everyday, as could others. When you live here in the country, you drive everywhere due to lack of mass transit. Its 3 miles to town for me, downhill. Comming back is the same but uphill.... Time to move before it's too late.

• 1 month later...

Option 1: 20 people selected this option (the winning option so far)

Option 2: 8 people selected this option

Archived