Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's UN speech prompts U.S. delegation to walk out AGAIN

Shortline Bus

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's UN speech prompts U.S. delegation to walk out

By Corky Siemaszko

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Iran's looney leader knows how to clear a room.

The U.S. delegation to the United Nations walked out Thursday after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described the Sept. 11 attacks as a "pretext" for the U.S. invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

They were quickly joined by more than a dozen diplomats from France, Britain, Poland and other western countries.

Ahmadinejad then launched into his patented anti-American, anti-Jewish litany before a dwindling audience that had heard most of this dreck before.

"Mr. Ahmadinejad had a chance to address his own people's aspirations for freedom and dignity, but instead he again turned to abhorrent anti-Semitic slurs and despicable conspiracy theories," said Mark Kornblau, spokesman for the U.S. Mission to the UN.

Among other things, Ahmadinejad suggested that President Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed to keep him from revealing who really was behind 9/11."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2011/09/22/2011-09-22_iranian_president_mahmoud_ahmadinejads_un_speech_prompts_us_delegation_to_walk_o.html

Not only is the UN pointless, but why should the US have to put up most if not all of the costs for security of said dictators? IF the Mid-east nations don't like western policies, they can form their own version of the UN in their own backyard. Mooch off of someone else for a change.

You can't bring enough holy water to clense the room dictators like that slept in.

Not only is the UN pointless, but why should the US have to put up most if not all of the costs for security of said dictators? IF the Mid-east nations don't like western policies, they can form their own version of the UN in their own backyard. Mooch off of someone else for a change.

You can't bring enough holy water to clense the room dictators like that slept in.

I agree. Get this nonsense out of here...as if we need more garbage in NYC.

Plus Iran's mullahs will just replace him with another puppet anyway. They have no shortages of nutjobs... IF anything the revolution should not have happened in Egypt [which was stable], but in Iran where the people want to be free of the extreme religious oppression and anti-west bs.

It did happen after Ahmadinejad "won" the election but it was violently quashed without any international support for the rebels.

They were quickly joined by more than a dozen diplomats from France, Britain, Poland and other western countries."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2011/09/22/2011-09-22_iranian_president_mahmoud_ahmadinejads_un_speech_prompts_us_delegation_to_walk_o.html

I could understand the significance of the American, French, and British delegates walking out, but who cares about the Polish diplomats? And since when is Poland a 'western country'?

I could understand the significance of the American, French, and British delegates walking out, but who cares about the Polish diplomats? And since when is Poland a 'western country'?

Why all the hate on Poland? The USSR fell apart years ago. Many of the countries in the former Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, and Soviet satellite states and SSR's are now actually very much on our side in international affairs. They, in many cases, do more trade with the so called Western countries than most.

Poland's economy has very close ties to Germany...Poland is also a friend to us and oh BTW also a NATO member making them one of our allies in one of the few international organizations that actually matters...

Why all the hate on Poland? The USSR fell apart years ago. Many of the countries in the former Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, and Soviet satellite states and SSR's are now actually very much on our side in international affairs. They, in many cases, do more trade with the so called Western countries than most.

Poland's economy has very close ties to Germany...Poland is also a friend to us and oh BTW also a NATO member making them one of our allies in one of the few international organizations that actually matters...

I guess you don't know that I am half-Polish, spent two years of my childhood growing up there, and go there every summer to visit my mother's side of the family. I've been observing things there for quite a while. And concerning Poland's relations with the West, picture a relatively bassackwards country that is run by a bunch of corrupt, childish and arrogant government officials who do nothing but suck up to the West, especially America. You can't respect someone who kisses arse, especially if it's your own. Believe me, the government over there makes our seem functional and utopian.

I guess you don't know that I am half-Polish, spent two years of my childhood growing up there, and go there every summer to visit my mother's side of the family. I've been observing things there for quite a while. And concerning Poland's relations with the West, picture a relatively bassackwards country that is run by a bunch of corrupt, childish and arrogant government officials who do nothing but suck up to the West, especially America.

except for the last clause of the last sentence, that sounds just like the US, except our corrupt, childish, and arrogant government officials kiss China's ass at every twist and turn...which I'd dare say is worse than kissing the US's ass.

Many former eastern bloc states kiss up to the US because they envy the lifestyle they think we have...a high standard of living, freedom, you know...all the things we used to have. They still think we have it, even though we've lost it. Compared to some of their developing countries we're in a similar state actually. These places could be our allies. China is going to be a huge economic and political threat this century and we are not in position to compete with them now. We could use all the REAL allies we've got (none of this UN bs)

Archived