New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: the lines that were taken away, one would assume that buses that were used might shipped to other garages to help with the flow of people on other lines. Possible? I mean, if there was two MCI's used for the 75, I'd imagine those two would either help with the Willowbrook P/R to NY, 190, or shipped to maybe Meadowlands for the 128 (If the rumor of full time service is accurate).

I think Wayne might have a tripper on the 128. 7643 came down Blvd East Wednesday morning in service with passengers signed 128 New York.

I think Wayne might have a tripper on the 128. 7643 came down Blvd East Wednesday morning in service with passengers signed 128 New York.

Doubt it. It could be a bus on loan from Mead and Wayne. Either that or there was a extra need for 128's due to drivers missing or something. I've done routes that isn't Meadowlands before (137 Express, 190 to Paterson, etc.) as well as other drivers that done routes when there is a emergency (There was a Greenville dude that did a 114 or 115 with a Metro D years ago because the driver got sick). Smart way to make money if the person knows the route and was coming back from getting their work done. Get your piece done, head back, see a regional and see if they need help or if the control center requests assistance and bam, extra 2 hours at least.

Doubt it. It could be a bus on loan from Mead and Wayne. Either that or there was a extra need for 128's due to drivers missing or something. I've done routes that isn't Meadowlands before (137 Express, 190 to Paterson, etc.) as well as other drivers that done routes when there is a emergency (There was a Greenville dude that did a 114 or 115 with a Metro D years ago because the driver got sick). Smart way to make money if the person knows the route and was coming back from getting their work done. Get your piece done, head back, see a regional and see if they need help or if the control center requests assistance and bam, extra 2 hours at least.

Your 100% right. Next week I'm gonna try and come down thru Weehawken around the same time and see if another Wayne bus is doing the 128.