New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay while I was out stocking up for Sandy, I THINK I saw one of the DesignLines on the 139. All I saw was what appeared to be a foreign-looking bus leaving the Old Bridge Park & Ride. I didn't get a good look at it though.

Academy runs MCI J-series buses and others along Route 9 all the time, you might have seen one of fhose.

for some reason 6021 from Academy Hillside is all white that they painted over the NJT logo and stripes on side and rear but i seen a R logo on the window it passed by me for plus i had no phone but the Logo looked like Rutgers logo on it not sure im guessing 6021 was helping out in Rutgers after the hurricane or before to transport people idk

for some reason 6021 from Academy Hillside is all white that they painted over the NJT logo and stripes on side and rear but i seen a R logo on the window it passed by me for plus i had no phone but the Logo looked like Rutgers logo on it not sure im guessing 6021 was helping out in Rutgers after the hurricane or before to transport people idk

This is another example of Academy's practice of using state-owned buses for charter purposes(a big no-no for those of you who don't know). They also did that with Perth Amboy's NABIs at the Meadowlands last week http://www.nyctransi...ands-surprises/

Edited by Transitkid4608

Say what? I was just by Route 9 and didn't notice any buses with the depot stickers...

Its true i saw the 9030 (i think ) the 64j route though that has the sticker when you go see in the door so get that as well as the new desginline line and one more thing one of hoboken academy bus had its side all whited out or something so things a little whacky but hopefully everything gets normal soon

I saw this one, still with NJT logos covered, on the 88 yesterday on Kennedy Boulevard

I saw this one yesterday on Kenned

A few updates.

#5798 spotted in Center City (Philadelphia) on the 317. Could be on loan?

5798 has been at Newton Ave... a NABI on the 317 can happen sometimes

if there were any loaned NJT buses on the 317, they would be from Howell garage because a Newton Ave bus broke down anywhere between Lakewood and Asbury Park

Something tells njt is trying to make the 553 exact fare. 8 novas on the 553 today and its pissing me off. Wtf are they thinking? Ppl are bitching, drivers are bitching, and i got wrote up today because i refused to take a nova out and got sent home. Damn that! I lose a days pay b4 i take a nova out ON THE 553. I am not sitting on that shyt for 2 round trips. Kiss my ass! Damn you njt!

Something tells njt is trying to make the 553 exact fare. 8 novas on the 553 today and its pissing me off. Wtf are they thinking? Ppl are bitching, drivers are bitching, and i got wrote up today because i refused to take a nova out and got sent home. Damn that! I lose a days pay b4 i take a nova out ON THE 553. I am not sitting on that shyt for 2 round trips. Kiss my ass! Damn you njt!

Do you have a shortage of MCIs in AC ? Did you notice any going up north to help out in the mess up there? That could explain the Novas on the 553. I remember years ago riding this line on a 1400 series Flxible. Rode the sucker from Bridgeton to AC, what a nasty ride.

It may be the same situation over here in Camden. I saw NABIs on the 317, and saw one doing the 409 Trenton trip as well. [Actually not so surprising, if you look at the 400 schedule it takes 2:30 to make the Philly Sicklerville run, how would you like sitting in a NABI for all of that time? Philly-Trenton is about 2:30 so a NABI isn't out of the question on that route.]

makes me wonder, why do some Fairview MCI's have bathrooms? I feel they belong in South Jersey where they would cover more ground...IMO

thats what i was thinking.... swap MCIs from Newton Ave w/ Fairview's restrooms MCIs? and make the Bergenline Ave buses exact fare by adding fareboxes on their NABIs and Neoplans

Do you have a shortage of MCIs in AC ? Did you notice any going up north to help out in the mess up there? That could explain the Novas on the 553. I remember years ago riding this line on a 1400 series Flxible. Rode the sucker from Bridgeton to AC, what a nasty ride.

It may be the same situation over here in Camden. I saw NABIs on the 317, and saw one doing the 409 Trenton trip as well. [Actually not so surprising, if you look at the 400 schedule it takes 2:30 to make the Philly Sicklerville run, how would you like sitting in a NABI for all of that time? Philly-Trenton is about 2:30 so a NABI isn't out of the question on that route.]

I would rathet sit in a nabi for 2hrs 30min. Im 6'2 and sitting in a nova for that long being tall is painful. This had been going on since the summer. And some 553 runs interline with the 559, imagine driving a nova for 12-13 hrs. A 2 tripper on the 559 is a automatic 12hrs and your lucky if you get a break. My run on the 553 45' only run along with 3 other runs because of the crowds. But the other day they wanted me to take a nova, damn that.