Occupy Wall Street Statistics - Why They're Upset and Why EVERYONE in America Ought to Be Too

SubwayGuy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's it? Ignore tons of incredibly important statistics that apply to me, you, and everybody else because it isn't licking the fat tush of the rich in this country? Say anything other than "the rich are job-creaters" and it's irrelevant to you.

Unbelievable.

Listen, I'm not a big fan of the banks and the others that were bailed out either and I actually support what these folks are protesting for there by the WTC, but on the same token I'm not going to go around and constantly bash all of those who are affluent repeatedly and paint them all as crooks. This guy seems like he's got some sort of personal vendetta or something. That's what is unbelievable.

That's it? Ignore tons of incredibly important statistics that apply to me, you, and everybody else because it isn't licking the fat tush of the rich in this country? Say anything other than "the rich are job-creaters" and it's irrelevant to you.

Unbelievable.

Listen, I'm not a big fan of the banks and the others that were bailed out either and I actually support what these folks are protesting for there by the WTC, but on the same token I'm not going to go around and constantly bash all of those who are affluent repeatedly and paint them all as crooks. This guy seems like he's got some sort of personal vendetta or something. That's what is unbelievable.

They don't exactly bash anyone but the banks and anyone who's used crooked means to make themselves richer while effectively destroying the middle class as a consequence.

CEO's really shouldn't be making 350x the cash their workers are... That's more jobs that could be created from that stupid seemingly endless amount of cash they're lining their pockets with.

As someone who can barely get a foothold in society I'm pretty much fed up with the bullcrap

They don't exactly bash anyone but the banks and anyone who's used crooked means to make themselves richer while effectively destroying the middle class as a consequence.

CEO's really shouldn't be making 350x the cash their workers are... That's more jobs that could be created from that stupid seemingly endless amount of cash they're lining their pockets with.

As someone who can barely get a foothold in society I'm pretty much fed up with the bullcrap

Since when is there a law that says that there is a limit in this country to how much you can earn? It is NOT a crime to earn well, so just stop it already. You have no proof that these CEOs are lining their pockets, only that they are earning big bucks, which in and of itself is NOT criminal. You're just looking for a scapegoat, that's all that is.

Since when is there a law that says that there is a limit in this country to how much you can earn? It is NOT a crime to earn well, so just stop it already. You have no proof that these CEOs are lining their pockets, only that they are earning big bucks, which in and of itself is NOT criminal. You're just looking for a scapegoat, that's all that is.

Yeah, that's just what you think buddy, I WONDER where ALL the money is and WHERE it's going BESIDES China and whatever other country we outsource jobs to.

Apple claims their products are "Designed in California, made in China" and they make HUGE profits off everything they sell (as if it isn't obvious enough). Let's not forget the short amount of time where they had MORE money than our own government. Yes!

Oh, and I'm well aware that Steve Jobs paid himself only a buck a year salary, the other higher ups probably get paid REAL good

Yeah, that's just what you think buddy, I WONDER where ALL the money is and WHERE it's going BESIDES China and whatever other country we outsource jobs to.

Apple claims their products are "Designed in California, made in China" and they make HUGE profits off everything they sell (as if it isn't obvious enough). Let's not forget the short amount of time where they had MORE money than our own government. Yes!

Oh, and I'm well aware that Steve Jobs paid himself only a buck a year salary, the other higher ups probably get paid REAL good

Well try telling that to all of the suckers that run out and buy up all of the Apple products. The most overpriced, overhyped pieces of crap on the market and what's worse is everything they sell is "Made in China". An "American" icon selling out its own country. :mad::mad: :tdown::tdown:

With that said, there are CEOs that are earning well and keeping jobs right here in the U.S., so let's not demonize all of the CEOs.

Well try telling that to all of the suckers that run out and buy up all of the Apple products. The most overpriced, overhyped pieces of crap on the market and what's worse is everything they sell is "Made in China". An "American" icon selling out its own country. :mad::mad: :tdown::tdown:

With that said, there are CEOs that are earning well and keeping jobs right here in the U.S., so let's not demonize all of the CEOs.

lol... Another bash the rich post... What a shocker...

What you airily dismiss as another "bash the rich" post from the OP is actually a post that lays out factually what a lot of us have been saying for a long time. Do you really believe that this is the way things should be? I find nothing wrong with a person trying to better his/her personal station in life but I don't believe you can ignore the obvious inequalties the article points out about the economic system this country has been operating under. Some of us operate under a belief in the "common good" while some of us operate under the " as long as I get mine" principle. I hope you're not among the latter.

lol... Another bash the rich post... What a shocker...

What you airily dismiss as another "bash the rich" post from the OP is actually a post that lays out factually what a lot of us have been saying for a long time. Do you really believe that this is the way things should be? I find nothing wrong with a person trying to better his/her personal station in life but I don't believe you can ignore the obvious inequalties the article points out about the economic system this country has been operating under. Some of us operate under a belief in the "common good" while some of us operate under the " as long as I get mine" principle. I hope you're not among the latter.

Agreed! I could care less about what I was making if I AT LEAST made enough to move out of my parents' home AND afford rent and food and bills!!!

Should a person like me have to settle for the housing authority because I can't get a job that pays more than 10-11 bucks an hour? Just because I have a high school diploma and working on getting an associate's degree in the arts doesn't mean I can't get something decent on the side. Back in the day you were ABLE to buy a car at 16-17 with a simple job. Hell, you probably had your bachelor pad by 17-18... So why not now?

Agreed! I could care less about what I was making if I AT LEAST made enough to move out of my parents' home AND afford rent and food and bills!!!

Should a person like me have to settle for the housing authority because I can't get a job that pays more than 10-11 bucks an hour? Just because I have a high school diploma and working on getting an associate's degree in the arts doesn't mean I can't get something decent on the side. Back in the day you were ABLE to buy a car at 16-17 with a simple job. Hell, you probably had your bachelor pad by 17-18... So why not now?

But at what cost? THe security and overtime is costing the city millions. Where do you think the city is going to look to to recoup that cost? Us the taxpayers. So yes, the ppl have a right to protest, but enough already. GO AWAY and stop f'ing up the city. DC is to blame for their policies mainly via the bailouts. If anything, they deserve just as much of an earful as Wall St does.

Archived