B51 via Possible Threesome Split and Idea of Atlantic Terminal

Micstromme

As I am taking a break from ttmg.org, I decided to take my initial thread and post it here for the world to comment on. It involves a proposal to increase/improve revenue onthe B51 which currently run out of Grand Avenue Depot.

http://www.ttmg.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=225

http://www.ttmg.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=6413&sid=6075625185c8b83db8323882cade123f

As always, it is welcome that you post your comments.

Enjoy the field.

What???? subchat and buschat are on the same site. I really don't get what your saying. :confused:

I am so sorry I meant ttmg.org. Things were done with my thread and signature and I sort of stuck it to them in the worst way. But I implore you and everyone else to continue doing what you do best with these sites.

TTMG, not buschat.

I am so sorry I meant ttmg.org. Things were done with my thread and signature and I sort of stuck it to them in the worst way. But I implore you and everyone else to continue doing what you do best with these sites.

TTMG, not buschat.

I took out the pictures in your signature because it was too much. The text in your signature was long enough already. But enough of that.

Back to the topic.

No, that would not benefit much, then the bus could get my original idea which would be to run out of Flatbush Depot.

In terms of extending the B51 to Atlantic Terminal, that would allow for almost the same amount of mileage as in Manhattan. That helps a lot because there really isn't much going on in Brooklyn. In Manhattan, since 2003, the route has been, in many respects, able to see more ridership because it is allowed to travel through the Financial Districts, which a lot of Brooklynites use to go home from.

You wanna know something? The B51 does just fine during the day. The peak hours allows for the crowding not to happen. It is at night or during the height of rush hours when it is most used and even crowded. The four buses that work at that time is not enough for the work horse. Another thing that I proposed with an extension is for extended revenue time.

I said that the B51 should work until 9P during the week and from 9A to 7:45P on Saturdays. I did not think that Sunday would benefit the B51 and the passengers on those days could just take the subway to City Hall and transfer at Municipal Buildingto the M22.

Also, the B51 should be allowed to operate from at least one Manhattan Division Depot. If one depot could just give one bus to the route, it could help.

These changes are just a few of many that I have for the B51. But no worries. These changes and suggestions regarding the much acclaimed extension will be posted soon.

Feel free to comment on this.

Have you read my welcome thread and all that I wrote down there?

And why hasn't anyone commented on what was written in those B51 threads?

My bad man! I missed your welcome thread, but I just got to it. I've learned that not too many people around here like links, so maybe next time you could just re-post. You already know my comments on the B51.

What does everyone think about the ideas to improve the B51 bus? Feed back according to the direction of the thread, please.

Also, on a side note, this could help the bunching dealt with the (2)(3)(4)(5) in Lower Manhattan. Maybe also the (M) when its available.

Archived