MTA destroys Upper East Side and pays little out in damages

Via Garibaldi 8

All i see from them is "a worker".

"A worker" left a giant metal plate on my corner last week. doesn't mean I paid him to do it.

Oh boy... The article doesn't state specifically that it was an (MTA) worker. However, the reporter in the video clip shown (Ti-Hua Chang) by the article at about 1:51 clearly states that "The (MTA) acknowledges one of their workers put a hole into this apartment building."

Doesn't get any clearer than that. I don't know what video clip you're watching either. :(

you going off what mister "I stick the word AND where it doesn't and belong" says? He says it. I take everything they say with a grain of salt, unless I get a consensus between more than two stations.

So he put a hole in the wall. I did that once in my sleep. Does that make me a souless evil demon?

It was an accident. No one got hurt. He can run down to Home Depot, buy some spackle and patch it. End of story.

You're making it sound like the MTA has signs up says "Have you killed your monthly quota of babies?"

That's not the point. They have yet to say if they will pay for the damage and furthermore, this is just one of several examples of how reckless they are, but you'll defend to the end as usual. Not surprised either. The (MTA) can do no wrong :(.

Driving down the LIE serivce road the wrong way while high is reckless.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/15/2011-10-15_headoncollision_with_car_going_wrong_way_on_lie_kills_livery_passenger.html

(RIP George; That's right I KNEW THE GUY)

What we're talking about is nowhere near reckless or maious or anything else other than shit happening. you have a TV station with a near vendedtta againsts the MTA, what do you expect them to say?

Oh I know, everyone is out to get the (MTA)... All of the TV stations right? NYPost... No good... Fox 5 News... No good. And it's interesting that Fox 5 News is so anti (MTA) but Jay Walder was willing to do an interview with Fox 5 News. Very strange. Who else is out to get them?? NY1? CBS?? Any others? They've all done stories on the (MTA) that would put them in a negative light.

Well if it was the subcontractor's fault there wouldn't be a problem because they would just come out and say that it wasn't their fault, but rather the subcontractor's fault. If you're not responsible for something, then why run as if you've got something to hide? They're denying most of all of the damages in many cases and the reports say clearly that it's the (MTA) that's responsible for these incidents and NOT a subcontractor.

No one mentioned anything about subcontractors except for you. If you are a client, you are just like the MTA when you hire a contractor. Subcontractors add a secondary, and unnecessary for the purposes of illustration, level to this concept.

Any workplace violations are the responsibility of the contractor, not the MTA. Because the MTA is the client, not the one "performing" the work. They are the one ASKING the work to be done by the contractor, which means the contractor is responsible for maintaining a safe work site.

Surely someone who claims to be as well educated as yourself understands and can distinguish between the legal concepts of EMPLOYEE and INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR? If you're going to talk about "damages" then the legal definition of these terms, and on whose behalf they act, is the only one that matters.

No one mentioned anything about subcontractors except for you. If you are a client, you are just like the MTA when you hire a contractor. Subcontractors add a secondary, and unnecessary for the purposes of illustration, level to this concept.

Any workplace violations are the responsibility of the contractor, not the MTA. Because the MTA is the client, not the one "performing" the work. They are the one ASKING the work to be done by the contractor, which means the contractor is responsible for maintaining a safe work site.

Surely someone who claims to be as well educated as yourself understands and can distinguish between the legal concepts of EMPLOYEE and INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR? If you're going to talk about "damages" then the legal definition of these terms, and on whose behalf they act, is the only one that matters.

Nice going, but this is a moot issue because the (MTA) stated that it was THEIR employee that caused the damage, not some subcontractot.

Here's the thing

WHERE!

Are you seeing things the rest of us are not?

and don't repost that video, it's hearsay.

You know where, you just refuse to accept it. Talk about brown nosing. B) If I had another source, you would complain that it wasn't reputable or come up with some other BS story. Do you want the (MTA) to make an official broadcast to all of the news stations for you to believe it? Give me a break already!!

You know where, you just refuse to accept it. Talk about brown nosing.

Wow it's like a Weinberg response!

:P If I had another source, you would complain that it wasn't reputable or come up with some other BS story. Do you want the (MTA) to make an official broadcast to all of the news stations for you to believe it? Give me a break already!!

Even on the Faux News link, I don't see anyone who is an official spokesperson for the MTA saying anything, only a possible misquote by a reporter that is not attributed to any official source. I automatically discount anything reporters say about transit. These are the same people who commend conductors...you know the people who drive the trains, obviously...for applying the emergency brakes when they see a person on the tracks to save their life. And commend motormen (not train operators) for holding the doors open pre-9/11 to allow more people to escape the area that would be ground zero. So I take everything they say VERY much with a grain of salt because the media is not known for getting things right about transit.

Let them all b9tch all they want. I bet ONCE this is completed, you will see folks PRAISING for the new Subway line!

I bet if this line was not even here, you will have people blabbing at the MTA about service being terrible. These people need to STFU already and stop complaining. I understand that its hurting business, but the (MTA) is doing its best to get things done right.

All this is like when the M15+SBS came out, you had people stabbing it in the back because no one understood how the system works and why they may end up getting stopped for not paying. Umm hello? Bx12SBS has been here since 2008? Where have you been? Oh I guess you don't visit the Bronx then.. To bad! People still bash the M15+SBS, and I see it all the time. But those who complained before have stopped as well.. AND THEY RIDE the M15SBS.

The M34/A is next and so and so.. But once a month or so goes by, people will start PRAISING like an a$$ to the (MTA) instead of praising it before!

And god I just love when people always blame the (MTA) for everything..SMH! They blame the (MTA) for general orders, the (MTA) for bad service, this and that. Why not blame yourselfs instead when the (MTA) asks everyone to check ahead of time the G/Os are posted?

For that dog.. Where was the owner at when he got his eyes hit? Maybe in the store playing NY Lotto? or what?

These people really make me sick!

Let them all b9tch all they want. I bet ONCE this is completed, you will see folks PRAISING for the new Subway line!

I bet if this line was not even here, you will have people blabbing at the MTA about service being terrible. These people need to STFU already and stop complaining. I understand that its hurting business, but the (MTA) is doing its best to get things done right.

All this is like when the M15+SBS came out, you had people stabbing it in the back because no one understood how the system works and why they may end up getting stopped for not paying. Umm hello? Bx12SBS has been here since 2008? Where have you been? Oh I guess you don't visit the Bronx then.. To bad! People still bash the M15+SBS, and I see it all the time. But those who complained before have stopped as well.. AND THEY RIDE the M15SBS.

The M34/A is next and so and so.. But once a month or so goes by, people will start PRAISING like an a$$ to the (MTA) instead of praising it before!

And god I just love when people always blame the (MTA) for everything..SMH! They blame the (MTA) for general orders, the (MTA) for bad service, this and that. Why not blame yourselfs instead when the (MTA) asks everyone to check ahead of time the G/Os are posted?

For that dog.. Where was the owner at when he got his eyes hit? Maybe in the store playing NY Lotto? or what?

These people really make me sick!

Couldn't have said it better!! Especially wheel it comes to Planned Work, people complaining annoy the hell out of me..

I Agree with the People who say STFU Complaining as Well....SHIT Happens:( when ur building a subway line...Irony is WE HAD A FREAKIN LINE it was elevated;)...BIGGEST MISTAKE IN SUBWAY HISTORY was Destroying at least the 3 ave EL Which ran into the NOW UNDERSERVED Middle Bronx to Gun Hill Road....Such a Travesty:(....MTA Has been tryna build this since The 70's and its only going to 96 St at this point...I Agree Eminent Domain should be used,And A more agressive schedule put in place to Speed things along...Its a shame it take some 7 years to build 3 stations when Folks overseas build these lines in less than 3 years in some cases:mad:...It will benefit evryone in The end...But the LONGER THEY COMPLAIN..THE LONGER IT WILL TAKE AND MORE EXPENSIVE...Lets Jus pray it gets to 96 St...ITs alredy Bad enuff its going to be a Boring 2 track line instead of the original 3...:(;)

Archived