MTA destroys Upper East Side and pays little out in damages

Via Garibaldi 8

Shit happens, but your making it sound like the MTA is a bunch of teenagers driving around smashing mail boxes for the heck of it.

The guy who's dog nearly got it's eye poked out shouldn't have let his dog get too near the metal pile, or what ever the heck, it was in the frist place.

We redid our bathroom over the summer, and I needed a fracking sledgehammer to get the tiles off. If vibrations from the tunnels could cause the tiles to fall off, then it's not tottaly the MTA's problem.

YES... It in NO WAY is the MTA's fault for having a piece of metal shoot through the air and into the dog's eye. In fact, it's the guy's fault for walking on the street with his dog. He must be stupid to walk his dog right??

God, get your head out of the MTA's ass. This was THE worst post I've ever seen.

---

If the construction is responsible for property damage then the responsibility lies with the MTA. If I or any of my property got hurt from the construction I'd have a lawsuit against the construction company, the MTA, and the city. If you think that their concerns are invalid then just wait until what the judge rules in civil court.

Complain about the agency that runs your lifeline...

That's right. We're paying for a service that is not free.

Hypocrisy at its finest. I'm glad they got rid of that X90 now!!

Oh please. There's always taxis and Jazumah will be re-starting the X90 so just stop it already.

For progress to be made some sacrifices must be made...

If the MTA hired Contractors to do something then it's up to the contractors to do it their way as long as it's done. As INDman pointed out yes, In Court it's what matters. As you live in Staten Island I'm not sure how you "have the 2nd Avenue experience" if you lived or owned a store up there I would listen to you more and believe you more.

I don't think it matters. If it was contractors, the (MTA) hired them and the only thing it shows is the (MTA)'s lack of management and accountability. Either way, they don't want to take responsibility for the problem.

It absolutely matters. Next time you hire a contractor to work on your home, I'll be sure to remind your neighbors to sue YOU when they make a mistake and damage something. Surely it must have been a "mistake, oversight, or shortsightedness" on your part (even though you may not even have been home during the incident!) that one of them made a booboo?

Oh.

It absolutely matters. Next time you hire a contractor to work on your home, I'll be sure to remind your neighbors to sue YOU when they make a mistake and damage something. Surely it must have been a "mistake, oversight, or shortsightedness" on your part (even though you may not even have been home during the incident!) that one of them made a booboo?

Oh.

Well if it was the subcontractor's fault there wouldn't be a problem because they would just come out and say that it wasn't their fault, but rather the subcontractor's fault. If you're not responsible for something, then why run as if you've got something to hide? They're denying most of all of the damages in many cases and the reports say clearly that it's the (MTA) that's responsible for these incidents and NOT a subcontractor. They're arguing as if these incidents never happened basically, when it is clear that they most certainly did happen. So folks have broken windows (a case in Brooklyn along the Brighton Line) or in the another case the (MTA) drilled into someone's apartment and they're the only ones doing work around there, yet they didn't do it? LOL I mean really, who are they kidding? Oh, I know... Everyone is out to get them, so that's the reason. :(

In other cases it is alleged that they're performing work in residential areas at hours that they aren't supposed to be and then they deny those charges and then when the evidence is discovered (the act is recorded so via a video camera) that they are indeed doing these things, they come up with a story. This is what irks me. If you're looking to work with the communities then why are these lies necessary? And before anyone comes up with the BS about it being an Upper East Side issue, these are various issues in different neighborhoods in the city.

But it's not the (MTA) drilling, it's a company drilling for them. You're acting like they're firing mortars or shoving pipe bombs into drains and blowing shit up.

Uh, no, that's completely wrong. I just found the clip I was looking for on Fox 5. The (MTA) acknowledges for once that it WAS an (MTA) worker that caused the damage in this case. The link is below. The baby could've been killed if he/she was in the crib. :mad: I hope they are sued for this act of irresponsibility. :tdown:

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/subway-worker-punches-hole-in-apartment-wall-20111027

Well if it was the subcontractor's fault there wouldn't be a problem because they would just come out and say that it wasn't their fault, but rather the subcontractor's fault. If you're not responsible for something, then why run as if you've got something to hide? They're denying most of all of the damages in many cases and the reports say clearly that it's the that's responsible for these incidents and NOT a subcontractor. They're arguing as if these incidents never happened basically, when it is clear that they most certainly did happen. So folks have broken windows or in the other case the drilled into someone's apartment and they're the only ones doing work around there, yet they didn't do it? LOL I mean really, who are they kidding? Oh, I know... Everyone is out to get them, so that's the reason.

I don't approve of whatever lies they spewing... But I will say the MTA's defending themselves the way they are b/c they will be held with 100% fault, regardless.... They're a far easier target; aint none of those affected patrons fin to go after the subcontractor....

Way I see it, as far as having this publicized the way it was, this is nothin more than NIMBY propaganda.... I won't say the complaints are necessarily exaggerated, but I will say these complainants are using this as a stepstool to further project their disdain of the (construction that comes along with the) SAS project.....

I don't approve of whatever lies they spewing... But I will say the MTA's defending themselves the way they are b/c they will be held with 100% fault, regardless.... They're a far easier target; aint none of those affected patrons fin to go after the subcontractor....

Way I see it, as far as having this publicized the way it was, this is nothin more than NIMBY propaganda.... I won't say the complaints are necessarily exaggerated, but I will say these complainants are using this as a stepstool to further project their disdain of the (construction that comes along with the) SAS project.....

I would disagree with that. There were also complains along the Brighton Line, with residents complaining about the (MTA) destroying their property and such. I don't think people are going to go to these sorts of lengths just because, as if they have a personal vendetta with the (MTA).

Did he even proofread that article?

"Debris from the hole fell and down six feet." (sic)

Mr Chang seems to be operating on the general mindset that everyone on the project is an MTA employee. I'd be willing to bet even in this case the person responible for this ACCIDENT was not.

If you listened to the clip, the (MTA) clearly states that it WAS an (MTA) employee that was responsible for the incident.

I would disagree with that. There were also complains along the Brighton Line, with residents complaining about the (MTA) destroying their property and such.

I don't think people are going to go to these sorts of lengths just because, as if they have a personal vendetta with the (MTA).

I remember you sayin you're a NIMBY & proud of it.... which is fine.... which is why I'm the least surprised you'd disagree with that type of a statement.... So disagree if you like....

I will continue to say, they absolutely will go to such lengths if they feel that strongly about something..... Hell, they're doin it with this story, the way I see it..... Those folks up there in the UES have been adamant about SAS ever since the beginning... It's only natural for them to want to publicize any type of property damage or physical injury that results from anything regarding this project.....

It's a "aha, I told you this was a bad idea" moment....

The more money you have, the more apt you'll be to opposing construction in your neighborhood....

...which pretty much shuts down comparing the disdain UES patrons have for SAS, to w/e complaints you're talkin about that residents along the brighton had....

It aint about havin a personal vendetta against the MTA, itself... This is about this particular project.

I remember you sayin you're a NIMBY & proud of it.... which is fine.... which is why I'm the least surprised you'd disagree with that type of a statement.... So disagree if you like....

I will continue to say, they absolutely will go to such lengths if they feel that strongly about something..... Hell, they're doin it with this story, the way I see it..... Those folks up there in the UES have been adamant about SAS ever since the beginning... It's only natural for them to want to publicize any type of property damage or physical injury that results from anything regarding this project.....

It's a "aha, I told you this was a bad idea" moment....

The more money you have, the more you're apt you'll be to opposing construction in your neighborhood....

...which pretty much shuts down comparing the disdain UES patrons have for SAS, to w/e complaints you're talkin about that residents along the brighton had....

In this case, it aint so much about havin a personal vendetta against the MTA, itself... This is about this particular project.

lol

Archived