Subway - What If?

VWM

Gorgor, no need to make attacks like that.

But yes, Wallyhorse's idea was really stupid.

If he didn't act like he was retarded, we wouldn't have to say that.

There are some situations where it's impossible to be the nice guy...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEXT

7th Avenue LOWER LEVEL cannot be used. This affects uptown (B)(D) and Queens bound (E).

In addition, there is a stalled Queensbound train directly north of the 57th Street (F) station. The Brooklyn bound track is unaffected.

(F): Most Queensbound trains via Crosstown, others to 57th Street-6th Avenue terminating on the Southbound track.

(B) / (D): Via 8th Avenue Local/Expres.

(E): Via 6th Avenue to Church Avenue in Brooklyn to replace northbound (F) service.

I think Wallyhorse sees this "puzzle" differently...He thinks the point is to run service as efficiently as possible (from an operations standpoint), not as logically as possible (from a rider's standpoint). That's why he'll say things that make sense from an operations standpoint, e.g. "Extend the (E) to Brooklyn to serve (F) riders", but that will confuse the hell out of riders.

It's not that he's a foamer, it's just that he doesn't really understand the purpose of this thread.

Well we've tried to say that, but he dosen't listen. He expects people to look at friggin track maps. Now is that not foamerish or what???

Edited by ThrexxBus

He expects people to look at friggin track maps. Now is that not foamerish or what???

He's not thinking about the "people". That's my point...
If he didn't act like he was retarded, we wouldn't have to say that.

There are some situations where it's impossible to be the nice guy...

You know, Threxx, there's a certain level of respect that people should be given on the forums whether they seem to deserve it or not. Dare I said it, if you kept that in mind, you'd get into fewer arguments here... Edited by TheSubwayStation

He's not thinking about the "people". That's my point...You know, Threxx, there's a certain level of respect that people should be given on the forums whether they seem to deserve it or not. Dare I said it, if you kept that in mind, you'd get into fewer arguments here...

Why give respect to someone that doesn't deserve it? I have standards, you have to earn my respect...

He's not thinking about the "people". That's my point...You know, Threxx, there's a certain level of respect that people should be given on the forums whether they seem to deserve it or not. Dare I said it, if you kept that in mind, you'd get into fewer arguments here...[/background][/size][/font][/color]

True, I'd go along with that.

Why give respect to someone that doesn't deserve it? I have standards, you have to earn my respect...

It's called simple decency involved with being on a public forum.

We've gone QUITE off topic, so:

NEXT

No trains may pass the lower level of 50 St/8 Av. No (E)(F)(M) on one track, and no unrealistic or confusing changes.

Affected: (E), others as needed

As NX Express said, this is a public forum, which your standards don't always apply to. We as members don't always get to decide who deserves respect and who doesn't.

That's 100% correct.. :( Reading this just makes me want to once again apologies for my level in the past threads, especially to you TTS.

Going back to topic now.

Back on topic . . . due to high tide from a hurricane, the bridge linking the (A) to Rockaway has been declared unuseable. At the same time, the Whitehall Street, South Ferry, and Bowling Green stations are out because the tracks and stations need full repairs after flooding from the hurricane. This is ten days after the storm, but the Broadway Junction station is still unable to restore power.

Please reroute the (1), (4), (5), (A), (C), (J), (L), (R) and Rockaway (S).

Edited by Q10 Airport

^Too lazy to solve that? Then here's an easy one for you as well!

23rd Street on 6th and 8th Avenues is closed. Reroute local trains only.

(C)(E) run express between 34th and Canal Street.

(F) runs express between West 4th Street and 34th Street

(M) to Broad

Better to run trains with delays then force people to make unnecessary transfers.

NEXT

The local QUEENS BOUND track at 57th-7th (N)(Q)(R) cannot be used. In addition, the switch connecting the express to local directly north of the station cannot be used either.

Edited by Gorgor

(M) to Broad

Better to run trains with delays then force people to make unnecessary transfers.

NEXT

The local QUEENS BOUND track at 57th-7th (N)(Q)(R) cannot be used. In addition, the switch connecting the express to local directly north of the station cannot be used either.

NOOOOOO

(N): Terminates at 57th Street.

(Q): Terminates at 42nd Street.

(R): Via express north of 42nd Street and 63rd Street.

Shuttle trains operate b/w 5th Avenue and Astoria, signed as (N).

Back on topic . . . due to high tide from a hurricane, the bridge linking the (A) to Rockaway has been declared unuseable. At the same time, the Whitehall Street, South Ferry, and Bowling Green stations are out because the tracks and stations need full repairs after flooding from the hurricane. This is ten days after the storm, but the Broadway Junction station is still unable to restore power.

(A) No service between Church Avenue and Euclid Avenue.

(C) No service between Utica Avenue and Euclid Avenue.

(J) No service between Chauncey Street and Cresent Street. Some trains terminate at Kosciuszko Street.

(L) No service between Myrtle Avenue and Atlantic Avenue.

(R) Via Bridge. Select trains terminate at Court Street.

(S) To Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue via Hammels Wye.

(1) No service between Rector Street and South Ferry.

(2) Via 7th Avenue Local.

(4) Via 7th Avenue Express.

(5) No service between Fulton Street and Brooklyn. Some trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

I'll give it a try:

(1) trains terminate at Rector Street

(4) trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge

(5) trains run via the (2) between the Bronx and Brooklyn

(A) trains run in 2 sections: 207th to Utica - Euclid to Lefferts OR JFK

(C) trains run between 168th and Utica

(L) trains run in 2 sections: Manhattan to Myrtle Avenue - Atlantic Avenue to Canarsie

(J) trains run in 2 sections: Manhattan to Chauncey Street - Alabama Av to Jamaica Center

(R) trains run via the Bridge

--> (Q) trains run local via Broadway to avoid merging delays

(Z) trains suspended

Edited by Gorgor

(M) to Broad

NEXT

(N) No service between 57 Street-7 Avenue(Southbound express track) and 5th Avenue-59 Street.

(Q) No service between Times Square-42 Street and Queens.

(R) Northbound trains Via 63 Street.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

What he doesn't realize that the Transit Museum is an actual museum that people pay to enter. He either wants to close down the museum for the duration of the scenario, or COMPLETELY SCREW OVER anyone who went to the museum to go see the trains. The old trains is a major component of the museum, and was the only reason that I ever went there years ago. If I went to the museum, paid my admission, and then found out that I couldn't see those old subway cars because some moron decided to reroute an active subway line to terminate there I would be FURIOUS.

Oh, I completely understand, and that's why in more recent scenarios I have avoided using the TM. I was simply pointing out that was the only option to avoid single tracking, and it was shown why that would not work (which was well illustrated upthread).

And yes, what I try to do is make sure as many stations as possible get served in one way or another and keep as many services running at least part of their routes as normal as possible even in an emergency. There was a time when you were expected to pay attention towards unexpected service changes and keep up to date as much as possible, which is what I do comes from. It's something that seems to have been lost upon later generations that to me is their loss if they fail to realize that sometimes, routes need to be substituted because of unforeseen emergencies.

NEXT:

The 20th Avenue stop on the (N) is closed in both directions. No trains can pass through the station on the local tracks. Reroute the (N).

(N) Southbound trains run via the (D) 36 St-Coney Island. Northbound trains run express b/w Kings Highway-59 St. Some northbound trains terminate at Kings Hwy, some southbound trains originate at Kings Hwy.

Shuttle buses replace the (N) via 62/64/W. 8 Sts (SB) - W. 7/63/61 Sts (NB).