Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEXT: All switches west of 36th Street are set in favor of 60th and 63rd Street on the Queens Blvd line.

Reroute the (E), (F), (M), (R), and others as necessary. (That phrase doesn't give you licence to confuse riders.)

(E) Trains run via the F between Roosevelt Av and West 4 St.

(M) No trains between Chambers St and 71 Av. Trains already in Queens run as additional R trains between 71 Av and Whitehall St.

(Q) The last stop on some northbound trains is 57 St.

(F)(R) Unaffected

2nd Avenue is impassible in all directions. Reroute the (F) and do not go over 30 tph.

(F) Trains run either via Cranberry St or Crosstown.

NEXT

All three Queens-bound tracks are impassable at 23 St/Court Sq.

Reroute: (E)(G)(M)(7) (assume that one track cannot handle all G trains)

Edited by NX Express

(F) Trains run either via Cranberry St or Crosstown.

NEXT

Good solution.

(7) : Two sections; Manhattan-bound trains change to the express track before 61st Street, they skip 52nd, 46th, 40th, and 33rd. Then they turn around. Trains run TSQ to Hunters Point Ave. Shuttle train runs from 33rd Street to 45th Rd.

(E) : Uptown train run 6th Avenue local and run via 63rd.

(G) : Limited service from Bedford-Nostrand to Court Square, half (G) trains terminate at Bedford-Nostrand.

(M) trains run via 8th Avenue to 23 St.

If a rider is confused by that, then they are hopeless. My way rewards paying attention (you know, like people seemingly used to do).

Remember, I have only HALF the (E) trains running to Jamaica Center, so I need to make up the other half somehow. The plan (which I did spell out) was for riders looking for Queens Boulevard (particularly those coming from 5th Avenue or Lexington Avenue) to change from the other half of the split (E) and the (M) train to the (G), which itself would be split between Jamaica Center and 179th (as well as the (R) if necessary).

I also noted that if the (G) could not use the switches to get to Court Square, I would split the (M) up with half the trains going to Court Square and the other half going on an extended route (via 63rd) to Jamaica Center (those riders would then have to take the (7) from Court Square to 74th Street for the QB line trains).

The idea is to maximize what you have to work it and make it so people can get where they are going with the smallest of disruptions possible. If people are confused by that, then there is nothing you can do about that.

What you do about that is NOT CHANGE THE (G)! The (G) is not affected for god's sake, and the (G) can't even access QBL anyway. Read my scenario carefully.

You are the hopeless case here. I've tried...

Good solution.

(7) : Two sections; Manhattan-bound trains change to the express track before 61st Street, they skip 52nd, 46th, 40th, and 33rd. Then they turn around. Trains run TSQ to Hunters Point Ave. Shuttle train runs from 33rd Street to 45th Rd.

(G) : Limited service from Bedford-Nostrand to Court Square, half (G) trains terminate at Bedford-Nostrand.

What.

Good solution.

iLol_wut_completely.jpg

NEXT

(E) Via 6th Avenue Local - 63 Street.

(G) Terminates at Manhattan-bound platform, some trains terminate at 21 Street-Van Alst.

(M) Queensbound Via 63 Street.

(7) Stops at Manhattan-bound platforms at Court Square & Queensboro Plaza, some trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza and Hunterspoint Avenue.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

(E) Via 6th Avenue Local - 63 Street.

(G) Terminates at Manhattan-bound platform, some trains terminate at 21 Street-Van Alst.

(M) Queensbound Via 63 Street.

(7) Stops at Manhattan-bound platforms at Court Square & Queensboro Plaza, some trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza and Hunterspoint Avenue.

I'm sorry, 40 TPH (E), (F), and (M) is too much. (People are going to bring up the (2), (4), and (5) again, but remember some trains are already on the correct line, and they probably turn some (2) trains in the Bronx as well.)

I'm not heated, your the one who needs to calm down. Memes are just not appropriate for this thread.

If you look at pages 90-95, that really wasn't appropriate for this thread either....

If I said the same thing in text, would there be a problem? What is the difference?

Here we go again with the arguing...

If I said the same thing in text, would there be a problem? What is the difference?

Quill Depot may have overreacted a little, but he has a good point. When people make honest mistakes, you should try to give them a little respect...The point of memes is to do the opposite.

NEXT:

The (1) line is impassible between 103 St and 96 St. No trains can use the middle track north of 96 St.

Next: It's 1987 and there has been a smoke condition at Canal Street (Affecting all Broadway platforms) . It's 4AM. So far (R) trains are running in two sections (Astoria to TSQ skipping 49th) and ( D) trains terminate at Whitehall via Montague.

Prepare for daytime service. Remember trains cannot run via Crystine St and no trains can run through Canal Street (Broadway)

It's suggested you use the track maps and these maps:

Latenight: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/system_1987_latenite.gif

Day: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/system_1987.gif

NEXT:

The (1) line is impassible between 103 St and 96 St. No trains can use the middle track north of 96 St.

(1): Three parts:

1. 145th St-242nd St

2. Single tracked shuttle 103rd St-145th St

3. South Ferry-148th St

(3): Suspended

Shuttle buses provide service from Lenox Terminal, to Broadway.

Next: It's 1987 and there has been a smoke condition at Canal Street (Affecting all Broadway platforms) . It's 4AM. So far (R) trains are running in two sections (Astoria to TSQ skipping 49th) and ( D) trains terminate at Whitehall via Montague.

Prepare for daytime service. Remember trains cannot run via Crystine St and no trains can run through Canal Street (Broadway)

It's suggested you use the track maps and these maps:

Latenight: http://www.nycsubway...87_latenite.gif

Day: http://www.nycsubway...system_1987.gif

{B} Suspended.

[D] No service b/w Atlantic Avenue & Manhattan.

(N) No service b/w Whitehall Street & 34 Street-Herald Square.

(Q) No service b/w Whitehall Street & 57 St/7 Ave.

(R) Suspended.

<R> Runs all times.

[M] Extended to Coney Island.

NEXT:

All switches between 125th Street and 145th Street (A)(B)(C)(D) are set to the STRAIGHT position. This means that any train that enters 125th Street must go to 145th Street top level on the same track they started on, and vice versa going the other way.

Don't like?

======================================================

(B) To Washington Heights-168 Street.

(C) Extended to 207 Street.

(D) Runs in two sections:

Between Brooklyn & Washington Heights-168 Street.

Between 145 Street & The Bronx.